1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Bony sounds relegation battle warning!

Discussion in 'Swansea City' started by DragonPhilljack, Jan 13, 2014.

1. DragonPhilljack

DragonPhilljack Well-Known Member

Wilfried Bony admits his Swansea side face a crucial run of games to ensure their Premier League survival. And striker Bony knows they must produce an immediate response following Saturday’s setback. “We have to bounce back from this and get some points in the league,” he said. "The next two matches at home [against Tottenham and Fulham] give us that opportunity. “It’s important we get something from those games, because the gap between the bottom three and ourselves isn’t much now.”

United's 2-0 win leaves the Swans only three points off the drop zone, with four of their next five matches against Fulham, West Ham, Cardiff and Stoke – clubs who are all within four points of each other. - Mirror

Looks like the War drums have been sounded, lets hope we are ready for the battle.

2. swanseaandproud

swanseaandproud Well-Known Member

Good old bony agreeing with many of what a few of us been saying..<ok> At least the players know the reality even if some fans don't :1980_boogie_down:...

3. ProjectVRD

ProjectVRD Well-Known Member

Actually our disagreement with you is that you insisted we are going down and the quotes were presented when you tried to weasel out of it <laugh>

4. Kifflom!

Kifflom! Well-Known Member

You mean this one?

Posted by DaiswanHuwsmate
    "All im going to say is WATCH THIS SPACE...we are going down......Ill say no more about it now ill wait until the season is over...Keep laudrup and we are going down....you heard it here first.."

5. ProjectVRD

ProjectVRD Well-Known Member

That's the very one <laugh>

6. Kifflom!

Glad to oblige. :)

7. swanseaandproud

what tossers you are..<doh> what is the matter??? Bony confirming the words i have said..<laugh> take that...<laugh> <party>

8. Matthew Bound Still Lurks

Matthew Bound Still Lurks Well-Known Member

Whoosh , take that you pair of scoundrels :biggrin:

9. glamexile

glamexile Well-Known Member

A slap in the face with a wet fish from Dai :)

Correct me if I am wrong but I dont think Wilf said we are going down!

10. Kifflom!

Dai did:

Posted by DaiswanHuwsmate
    "All im going to say is WATCH THIS SPACE...we are going down......Ill say no more about it now ill wait until the season is over...Keep laudrup and we are going down....you heard it here first.."

11. Terror ball

Terror ball Well-Known Member

...you edited this sentence and it still doesn't make sense <laugh>

12. roofjack_22

roofjack_22 Well-Known Member

Frankly , I think Bony's better off spending his time thinking what he was doing wrong last game rather than sounding a war cry because he was horrible last game .

13. DragonPhilljack

He's a great warrior to have up front!...................<cheers>

14. swan_and_only

swan_and_only Moderator
    Forum Moderator

No dai he's saying what everyone is saying! you actually don't read our posts do you! I have been saying even before the Everton game that end of Jan and February (starting against Fulham) we must win most of the games and if we don't and are down there come March then we have a REAL relegation battle on our hands! But until then I won't get my knickers in a twist!

15. Nottage Jack

Nottage Jack Member

Agree with Swan_and_only.

I think we are only 1 point below were I expected us to be, and that is based on us finishing the season on 47 points, well above relegation woes. I have said on here a few times, we will skirt with the relegation places in January due to nature of the fixtures. The important games are how we do against the likes of Fulham, Cardiff, Palace, westbrom, norwich, Villa....ALL HOME GAMES... and if we pick up an average of 1 point per game for the following AWAY games against West Ham, Stoke, Hull, Sunderland, then we will be fine.

The matches against Spurs, Liverpool, Arsenal, Everton, Chelsea are all ' Brucie bonus's for any points we can get, but we WON'T need them if we perform well as stated in the above para.

In my opinion , we have dropped 8 points so far this season; Southamption (1), West Ham (2), Cardiff (1), Stoke (2), Hull (2)...... But have picked up 7 extra points ; West Brom (2), Liverpool (1), Palace (2), Fulham (2).... So thats 1 point below were I expected.

16. DragonPhilljack

We don't want to leave worrying until March, as by then it could well be too late, we need to focus now, and the next 4 games can give us a cushion, so we need to fight to the bitter death on this next run of games, starting with Spurs!...............<ok>

17. Cherry Jack

Cherry Jack Member

No, Bony said we will be fighting hard because we want to avoid relegation. He didn't agree with you that we are destined to go down under Laudrup.

You're an idiot. I don't care if its an insult rather than a point, it's true.

18. DragonPhilljack

I do not see Laudrup taking us down, it's not a worry for me, but there is danger with just 3 point from the drop zone, so we cannot be complacent, our players have now got to battle to keep us well away from the relegation dog fight, and we will do it, that I'm sure of!.................<ok>

19. swanseaandproud

I see many are as usual choosing to pick things i say and turn it out of contexts to fit their warped minds.<doh> I said if we carry on as we are then we will go down and that is what bony is also indicating....You will have to try a lot harder im afraid..<laugh>

20. swanseaandproud

Well i would not be so confident on that because as you said in another thread that we have been terrible sinse our cup final and that is nearly a year ago, This is the reason why the liberty is not rocking anymore like it should be. The players are trying their best to do things ML's way and it has not worked as proof of the pudding of where we are and how the fans feel at matches....From what i hear laudrup has the next 4 games to turn things around or jinx will intervene as he is already unhappy with this season that promised so much, there is to much to lose and it wont matter a jot to laudrup as he will be off anyway leaving a right mess behind. It was good to hear jinx come out and say the Ki debate is not over as we can recall him and that is a dig at laudrup for sure.....I wont be happy until we get our First back to back win and play the whole game as if we want to win and not half a game like what's been happening....Can you see jinx not intervening if we carry on as we are because i cant....So laudrup show some skill and out think the opposition for once...