1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Wayne Routledge " Have we even seen his best yet "

Discussion in 'Swansea City' started by roofjack_22, Jan 13, 2014.

1. roofjack_22

roofjack_22 Well-Known Member

Lets face it , not a lot of people saw Wayne as a good signing including me. But he's fooled most with his good play. But the pair of efforts he's put in at Old Tafford this past week were sublime. Wherever he's played in the past he's not been anywhere near where he is now for ability. Has Laudrup got the best out of Routledge or is there even more to come. Personnally I think there's more to come

2. NorfolkSwan

NorfolkSwan Well-Known Member

There's more to come... in consistency, certainly. I thought he was better last year to be honest and it's only now that he's starting to find that form again. Early this season he was a bit disappointing I thought.

Cracking player on his day and weirdly I don't think reacts well to competition....with Dyer, Hernandez and Lamah out he knows he's stuck-on and it's now he seems to be stepping up.

3. DragonPhilljack

DragonPhilljack Well-Known Member

Agree with Norfolk, he has not done it for me this season, nowhere near as good as last season, lets hope he has a good second half!...........<ok>

4. roofjack_22

Heres my nutshell Norfork , you're absolutetly right about not liking competion for his spot .On his way to getting to Swansea, Routledge was not alllowed to play his "Tricky Style " of play , so he sat a lot in dejection. Then he gets to Swansea and the same happens under Rodgers. Enter Laudrup , with Sinclair away playing internationally, Laudrup takes Wayne under his wing before the season and not only allows Routledge to play his style but pushes it. Then Laudrup sells Sinclair and shows confidence in Routledge . His best starts with this event because he knows his allowed to play his style and often. Laudrup created a great player , Wayne got a bit dejected as Laudrup brought in more outside midfielders and he fell off a bit. Now that were infested with midfield injuries Wayne is back to his best. Like Chico ,, Routledge needs to play a majority of games .To play Lamah ahead od Routledge is a travesty imo.

5. Kifflom!

Kifflom! Well-Known Member

Not sure about that. Routledge was going through a pretty bad spell when Lamah was starting. Depends who's the in-form player I suppose. Both are capable of being very effective on their day.

6. roofjack_22

Now that Bony is up and running , you can count onRoutledge playing lots because they are both tricksters . I'm pretty sure Laudrup knows that Bony is bringing the best out of Routledge and will almost always start them together regardless of who comes in the window or back from injury.Time will tell aussie

7. roofjack_22

Last post on this one . Laudrup has a tendency to take people with him when he goes . When Laudrup does go , he'll take Routledge with him , theyhave a chemistry, time will tell , cheers

8. Ffsdon'tpassittohim

Ffsdon'tpassittohim Well-Known Member

Musty, aren't you banned ?

9. roofjack_22

Hi fuffs

10. Matthew Bound Still Lurks

Matthew Bound Still Lurks Well-Known Member

What a strange board this is :undecided:

11. Ffsdon'tpassittohim

Ffsdon'tpassittohim Well-Known Member

Hi smelly, I mean Musty been persecuting Chico lately ? Or have you moved on to some other poor sod ?

12. roofjack_22

Ya know, the good thing about dilligaf and the rest of his control freak clan being on the other site, pretending to have a good time then running back to a real board to see if they missed anything , is they can't make us look bad on other teams boards like in the past. They can only eat there own over there .

13. swan_and_only

swan_and_only Moderator
    Forum Moderator

STOP THE BULLSHIT!!! THIS IS A FOOTBALL THREAD ABOUT WAYNE ROUTLEDGE, PLEASE STOP THE BITCHING!!!

I think Wayne is quite frustrating at times! One day he's unstoppable the next day he can't pass or take a player on for the life of him! I think he struggles to get to grips with a game when he comes on as a sub. So for him he is to either start our not play at all.

14. Matthew Bound Still Lurks

!

I think Wayne is quite frustrating at times! One day he's unstoppable the next day he can't pass or take a player on for the life of him! I think he struggles to get to grips with a game when he comes on as a sub. So for him he is to either start our not play at all.[/QUOTE]

We all can see what he's capable of when on top of his game , Utd fans were drooling over him and rightly so ,hopefully being the No1 winger atm he'll grab the chance to establish himself regardless who comes back from injury 1st .

15. roofjack_22

I believe Routledge's good form is tied to Bony and Pozaelo good play , they re beginning to gel these three. Bony had a bit of a stinker last game but I think it was a one off.

16. Matthew Bound Still Lurks

We want to hope so, prior to the game there was a big write up about him in the Mail ,then he plays like that, very disappointing

17. KieranDaviesSCFC

I was very pleased when we signed him initially after coming up in our first PL season. For me he was our best winger in our first PL season despite being benched for Scott Sinclair most of the time. He had 10 assists and perhaps would have had a lot more if it wasn't for Graham!

He was very decent last season too, I don't know what happened to him this season it was as if he'd lost his passion or something (Probably talking bollocks there...) but last few games he's found his form again. He did alright against Man City last time around but Kolarov was a class act on the day.

He reminds me of Pablo Hernandez as in he can do do f*ck all 89 minutes but then produce a moment of quality to win you a game like his cross to Luke Moore to beat Manchester City or his cross to Bony.

I'd be happy to extend his contract if he's out of it within a couple of years now ...

18. KieranDaviesSCFC

P.s - Most people I knew were delighted with his signing at the time, was class for QPR in that Championship season and was a proven (to an extent) PL player which was exactly what we needed so have to disagree with you there OP.

19. ivoralljack

ivoralljack Well-Known Member

We didn't give Bony any service all game. We tried but it didn't come off. As a result Bony had to go looking for the ball and that's not his game. As it was, he linked play very well a number of times. I suppose we all see different things.

20. KieranDaviesSCFC

I think he's a better player when he comes looking for it at times. Remember our boxing day game at Villa his movement or lack of was so predictable he was so easy to mark Messi would had struggled to play him in.

Since that game he's looked 20x the player including our last visit to OT.