1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer Targets

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by Grandson of Pele, Jun 5, 2011.

1. Grandson of Pele

Out last night, talking to some one who works for the club. Long time friend of the family, he told me abit crack.

Bruce will not get a penny of the Bent money so Henderson to Liverpool will almost certainlty go through for 18 Million to raise fund's. Looking at possibility of Martin Kelly & David N'Gog as part of any deal.

Also we are looking at Gardner & Johnson from Birmingham, along with Larsson. (these have been mentioned prev though in the press).

3 players from Man utd, Gibson,Brown & o'shea.

Also looking at Crouch & that N'zogbia will not be coming to Sunderland.

so that would be a total of

1. Ngog
    2. Kelly
    3. Gardner
    4. Johnson
    5. Gibson
    6. Brown
    7. O'shea
    8. Crouch
    9. Larsson
    10. Vaughan

The young lad Kelly has did well at Liverpool & played abit for them last season & any deal would more than likely be a loan.

I told him to add Warnock, Hutton & Gameiro to that list but he just laughed.

2. Lambton Worm

Lambton Worm Member

3. Vincemac

Vincemac Well-Known Member

there is some good names there kelly,gibson,larson and johnson but still not shopping at harrods <bubbly>

4. Commachio

Commachio Rambo 2021

Two words....

Forget progress

5. master-simpson

master-simpson Well-Known Member

Totally uninspiring - if true, thats f*cking it for me.

What a pile of F8cking SH*T!!!!

I am signing off before I get more angry - fuc*ing hell, you have spoiled my day.

Lol Bart

6. mitchthemakem

mitchthemakem Well-Known Member

don't agree with your comments of bruce not getting any money from the Bent deal.

Unless your family friend is Nial Quinn then your comments are rubbish

7. yogi2409

yogi2409 Member

To be fair I thought the Bent deal was done in long term installments so the money received from the deal wouldnt amount to a significant amount (not so far at least). Dont think Bruce will be backed too much this summer so the level of players to me looks comparitive to level of trust Short has in him, maybe one marquee signing (Defoe/Crouch) and the rest will most likely be mid table recruits. Think Short will play it by ear, another dissapointing season and think his patience will run out, a good start to the season and we may see real investment in January.

8. Vincemac

Vincemac Well-Known Member

if we loose catts and hendo no matter who we buy its start again time and thats backwards for me we need to keep our prized assets buy from harrods and move on <bubbly>

9. Dorset

Dorset Well-Known Member

If this is the level of the clubs ambition, then I'm very disappointed. Yes, some of the names listed will do a job for us, but where is the "progress" that the club keeps banging on about?

Looking at that list makes me feel that next seasons target is a top 10 finish again. That is not progress, that is stagnating.

10. Gil T Azell

Gil T Azell Well-Known Member

Spot on mate, but I feel it does boil down to the level of trust aimed at brucie. He has to produce this season or he's out imo.

11. mitchthemakem

mitchthemakem Well-Known Member

i like Bruce but he has to produce a better season than last

12. Disco

Disco Guest

Martin Kelly will be the best right back in the EPL in a year or two. Would be excited about him.

Ngog? For ****s sake.

Bruce won't get a penny? Where's the money going? We getting new pink seats?

13. Dorset

Dorset Well-Known Member

I feel you could be right. An owner with total confidence in his manager would back him to the hilt. I'm not hearing or reading anything that makes me think Steve Bruce has that backing at the moment. I suppose we shall see how committed Mr Short really is in the coming weeks.

14. Commachio

Commachio Rambo 2021

Sunderland have been linked with a move for Birmingham City's Craig Gardner as they prepare for the possible loss of Jordan Henderson.

Gardner is expected to leave the Blues following their relegation from the Premier League, with a fee of around £8million being mooted for the former Aston Villa man.
    The 24-year-old has also been mentioned as a possible target for Newcastle United, having netted ten times for City last season.

Ten times,
    more than our whole midfield put together.

15. Stu_SAFC

Stu_SAFC Member

Although they'll all do a job I'm sure, those players don't fill me with optimism for the summer.

Not sure about this 'not getting any of the Bent fee to reinvest' business - SNQ openly said to replace DB, we'd have to break our transfer record again, and that was before any mention of selling Hendo.

Also not sure about the number of CMs in the list of incoming players, and the lack of wide men.

If this list is true we'll struggle to build on top 10 next season.

However regarding trust in SB- it's a double edged sword. The owner, chairman, management and fans all know we need a busy summer just to replace numbers we've lost through loans and injury. If Ellis gives him limited funds he can't expect SB not to struggle again next season.

Quite the opposite, I expect a number of players in free/cheap but then also to see SB backed to the hilt for the players we need to progress. I'm sure ES will stump up when needed.

Finally to those suggesting top 10 next season isn't progress- it's one thing to sneak in on the last day. It's quite another to be an established top 10 club, and I think for next season that would definitely be progress. If we finished 9th- but closer to Europa on points than we were to, say, 12th- I'd be happy and say yes, we have progressed.

In fact finishing anywhere in the top 10, comfortable, and without an apocalyptic mid-season collapse would be progress in my eyes. We're still too young for Europa, especially with a big rebuild this summer.

16. Tickler

Tickler Well-Known Member

At the newcastle game (i apologise for mentioning) was Ellis Short asked about how he thought his investment was doing, and after the match he said well clearly more investment is needed ??

meaning he's gonna put a bit more money into the club ??

17. quinneristops

quinneristops Well-Known Member

I think Ellis Short is wary of investing too much money in a business that has not performed as he had hoped. He will have taken a dispassionate view of the club, the near-miss with relegation and how far he sees the club going as a business to generate profit. That is what businessmen do and he is unlikely to let things run wild as Leeds and Portsmouth did. The whole lunacy of the top premiership teams is being bankrolled by a few billionaires at Chelsea and Man City and huge sport investment corporations at Man U and Liverpool. The rest are trailing behind as best they can and that means shrewd use of the money or you face a season of relegation dodging. This is a very important Summer for SAFC but I think we should forget the Harrods remark. It aint going to be Harrods.

18. mackemwelder

mackemwelder Well-Known Member

If your comments are true, which i doubt, then why did Quinn state on National TV that the proceeds from the Bent sale would be used in the summer to acquire a big money striker?

Think your mate is taking the piss, or you are.

19. billofengland

billofengland Well-Known Member

AGREED, and for you older folks who remember old Crowtree road, Brecheners bargin store, our very own `ARRADS.
    once more for the rich and famous............................Bruce _ _ _, will let you guess the last word.

20. The Outlaw

The Outlaw Well-Known Member

That is some depressing ****.

Except for Kelly, who we'll never get. He helped turn the Reds around this year. No way they're moving him.