1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Non Football Related: Oscar Pistorius - My Theory...

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by sku, Feb 18, 2013.

1. sku

sku Well-Known Member

I've not been paying much attention to this story - too busy with work and family - but I heard on the radio this morning that the police have found a blood stained cricket bat and may have found steroids.

It sounds a bit outrageous - but what if his girlfriend - Reeva Steenkamp - found the steroids and threatened to expose him as the next Lance Armstrong. Feeling betrayed, Oscar Pistorius flies into a rage raining blows with the cricket bat.

Reeva Steenkamp manages to escape to the sanctuary of the bathroom and locks herself in to allow Pistorius to cool off. The argument flairs up again through the bathroom door and Reeva Steenkamp contrives to make a telephone call to call Pistorius' bluff.

Provoked further Pistorius goes berserk and convinces himself that he has to stop 'the call' being made and is desperate seeing his whole career and future crumbling. In a desperate attempt, fuelled by anger he picks up a revolver and fires indiscriminately only realising his actions when it's too late.

I hope it's something far more innocent and genuinely a tragic accident. A very sad case that illustrates that you can seemingly have everything and lose it all in a few seconds.

2. qprbeth

qprbeth Wicked Witch of West12
    Forum Moderator

It seems obvious that he fired indiscriminately through the bathroom door...so I am sure it will be manslaughter eventually....but bearing in mind she had recently bought him a very sweet Valentines day present and also he had a history of red hot temper (Remember his outburst at losing in the Paralympics) Steroids may be an answer...sad sad

Not heard about the cricket bat tho

3. kiwiqpr

kiwiqpr Barnsie Mod

first shot being reported in the bedroom

4. Staines R's

Staines R's Well-Known Member

Personally I think there is good reason to think he knew what he was doing and the story of an intruder is just a cover up. He is after all the SA hero, who in the eyes of many fought adversity and conquered his disability.
    There seem to be enough flaws in his personality to make most realise he isn't the all round nice guy that the media have made him out to be.

5. Secret ranger

Secret ranger New Member

Morning sku

That seems like a very plausible theory

6. ELLERS

ELLERS Well-Known Member

Bloody hell Sku have you turned into Columbo?

Only heard bits about it and won't make a judgement on whether he is guiltu or not (let the court decide). However if he thought that she was an intruder and shot her by mistake because she climbed through the bathroom window to surprise him at 4am, then something is not right. Whatever happens its sad that such a beautiful girl who was enjoying life is gunned down.

7. jeffranger

jeffranger Well-Known Member

what if she was gagging for it & playing with herself & teasing him as he had taken his false legs off & he couldn't get over to her & she had a massive organism in front of him & she just laughed, he couldn't take it & shot her.

8. Busy Being Headhunted

Busy Being Headhunted Well-Known Member

maybe she was trying to satisfy herself with one of his legs

9. Supergod00

Supergod00 Active Member

It'll all come out in Court I guess, but it sounds like he doesn't have a leg to stand on!

10. DaveThomas

DaveThomas Well-Known Member

Like i said earlier last week no one knows the details ... expect a lot more of these pre verdicts on the internet ... Anything can happen in a heated passionate moment.
    A split second to do a terrible deed that can never be undone we may think we are immune to this ... in the real truth we aren't and from children its my view we have all many many snap points ... even if it's just breaking a toy. I think it's really interesting to explore of course you can't compare a broken toy to a life but the acts are similar in action.

This is already beginning to look like a evil act but to be honest I don't care about these sort of sensational celebrity stories taking centre stage as they are often more important than a crack dealer turning on his partner in Peckham which gets a half column in the Standard.

Crimes of Passion of course are not right But can they be understood: That you acted "in the heat of passion" is a defense to a charge. If you can persuade a jury that, because of catching your wife or husband "In flagrente delicto" you were so "consumed by the heat of passion" that you lost the ability to control your own actions, you can be acquitted. It is, as it were, a "temporary insanity" defense. It is often successful for assault charges, but very rarely for murder. I think we have to understand any factors and that is the responsibility of the courts.

11. NORTHOLT

NORTHOLT Active Member

Yep, what a waste , tragic.

12. finglasqpr

finglasqpr Well-Known Member

What disturbs me about this case are his family's declarations of his innocence and of their shock and horror at what happened.

Public declarations of innocence before the police investigations have even finished or a trial held are nauseating.

His family need to shut up and wait until the court case is held. If he is found innocent, then by all means his family should have their say.

13. CroydonCaptainJack

CroydonCaptainJack Well-Known Member

'Just one more question M'aam'

14. BrixtonR

BrixtonR Well-Known Member

My experience of this type of murder investigation suggests it'll turn out being Colonel Mustard in the bathroom with the shooter. Cricket bat's a red herring!

Taxi!

15. Sooperhoop

Sooperhoop Well-Known Member

I'm still laughing at Jeffranger's 'massive organism' - Did it have legs? Maybe he was jealous of it and tried to shoot it!...<laugh>

16. GoldhawkRoad

GoldhawkRoad Well-Known Member

As to motive, Sku may be right, although a quick temper, pampered stardom outlook, use of drugs (including long term Steroid use), alcohol and, say, jealousy over the girl's previous lovers/ current flirtations etc...make a lethal cocktail.

Presumably the reason the SA police are charging him with premeditated murder is that, as Kiwi says, the first shot was fired in the bedroom. And the girl had her skull crushed with the cricket bat there. She then fled to the bathroom and Pistorius shot her through the glass door. So he had time to calm down but effectively chose to "execute" her.

His family were quick to invent the "thought it was a burglar scenario" which the police soon dismissed. The latest is Pistorius's father claiming his son may have been trying to shoot the bathroom lock, in order to help the girl after the mishaps in the bedroom. But since Pistorius is a marksman and Reeva was shot all over her body, this sounds like another excuse from the family.

The way this is being played out in the media, there won't be much left for the trial judge to decide...