1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

So just me on here joined the protest?

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by The Omega Man, Mar 18, 2013.

1. The Omega Man

The Omega Man Well-Known Member

I did.

I'm not asking for a Blue Peter badge, but it looks to me that their are a few too many armchair warriors on here, all posts and no pants.

Exhiles are affected by the actions of WYP to a greater degree than Hull based fans. But as many do not get to every home game, they can justify not turning out.

I cannot make the Huddersfield match or the Watford game do to personal reasons, but I would have gone to both. I would have also gone to Huddersfield to join in the protests there.

2. Steven Toast

Steven Toast Well-Known Member

I'm going to Huddersfield; I'm not going to let WYP ruin what's been one of the most exciting seasons I've ever witnessed. I'm staying over at a friends the night before, then getting the coach in the morning.

3. jimbo093

jimbo093 Member

I joined the protest.

4. CityCalv

CityCalv Well-Known Member

If people don't want to they don't have to, its not going to change anything.

5. The Omega Man

SO I take it you didnt!

6. CityCalv

I didn't.

7. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

I was there, if nobody did anything, things would never change.

The police are no longer allowed to charge clubs to police the outside of grounds, as a consequence, there likely to find bubbling more games an attractive proposition.

It needs to be fought, or we could be subject to this **** every other week.

8. Fez

Fez Well-Known Member

I support the protests (I arrived in Hull too late to take part), but I also advocate attending the games; the two do not need to be mutually exclusive to each other, in fact I believe it is more important to combine them. The sale of the full (limited) allocation, with a unfulfilled demand for more, along with well behaved, good-humoured supporters in protest would have been a much more dignified and constructive way to express our disgust, yet support the team who are at the centre of it all.

9. Anal Frank Fingers

Anal Frank Fingers Well-Known Member

That's why myself and others probably haven't posted, letting you cool guys get on with it. We all admire you for it you know.

10. Calamty Jane

Calamty Jane Well-Known Member

City Calv.At what point in any situation do you think it would be worth making a stand?

11. CityCalv

I said that they aren't going to change anything now, I didn't go, what you going to do drag me there? Most people on here didn't go. It's so wrong what WYP are doing, but the club have got the best deal they could with them, that's all I'm saying so give it a rest, and crawl out of OLM's arse just agreeing with everything he says its quite pathetic<laugh>

12. HCAFC (Airlie Tiger)

HCAFC (Airlie Tiger) Well-Known Member

The practice of 'bubble matches' is not new and does on occasion have its place, nobody at the protest yesterday has done anything to speak up about it before now so it's not the practice itself but more the fact it has been enforced on us that's the issue.

In which case the negotiations regarding our game have been and gone and it doesn't look like the WYP will back down so I have no idea what the protest was hoping to achieve other than send a message.

And for that reason many people stayed away or were uninterested.

Well done to those that were involved, but don't judge others for choosing not to.

13. Fez

Fez Well-Known Member

You have a valid point and I have said elsewhere that the Football Supporters Federation should hang there heads in shame that it has taken so long to react to these police tactics - or maybe we are an exception?

14. DMD

DMD Eh?
    Forum Moderator

That's not strictly true. Some there had, and other City fans not there have also supported other Clubs in different ways when similar things happened. Each occasion is another step towards ending this objectionable practice and each occasion has left the Police to wait a while before regrouping and trying again. They haven't needed to flex their muscle as much because they could claim back the money of Clubs. Now they can't claim as much they're trying to make a point so these issues become more important.

15. originallambrettaman

Staff Member

The FSF have to pick their battles.

If a fixture has a long history of trouble, then the police can easily justify their decision to bubble a game.

The issue here, is the decision to bubble a game without absolutely no justification at all.

16. petersaxton

petersaxton Well-Known Member

I would like to see a peaceful protest before the match in Huddersfield. If the fans make their own way to the stadium and protest outside I bet the police will let them go inside!

17. ellewoods

ellewoods Well-Known Member

I would have had I been there but clearly I was not.

18. The Omega Man

I don't think that the
    Police will back down

19. The Omega Man

I would never doubt that. You can PM me to ask why?

20. originallambrettaman

Staff Member

They definitely won't back down for this game, it's done and dusted, the campaign is now about stopping it from happening again.