1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer Rumours Transfer Rumours Thread

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by Cb, Nov 24, 2012.

1. TheBear

TheBear Well-Known Member

I guess the issue is with all these youngsters .. Saliba, Martinelli, Odengaard (if we can keep him), Tierney, Saka, Smith Rowe, Maitland Niles, Nelson, Guendouzi... We need 3-4 veterans around them.

Luiz, Xhaka, Auba, Holding..I suppose can fill that role for now.

2. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

PSG have offered us Julian Draxler in a swap deal for Mateo Guendouzi.

As much as I'd like to see Guendouzi make it at Arsenal, it seems he's burned his bridges. Draxler has been a very useful player, maybe not set things alight in the last coupe of seasons, but it's still a swap that seems to make sense

Thoughts ?

gooner4ever likes this.
  3. gooner4ever

gooner4ever once a Gooner always a Gooner
    Forum Moderator

yep take him as he has class but not sure what his form has been like at PSG.
    guendouzi has too much attitude for me and obviously rocked the boat so was sent away.
    what about torriera - do we sell him as now we have Partey Xhaka (I don’t like him but he is plying well so I will continue to dislike him in the hope he continues his good form)

4. TheBear

I would take Guendouzi over Draxler but the Frenchman may prove to be unmanageable.

Draxler would be a useful squad player for sure.

5. NLDISRED

NLDISRED Active Member

Apparently AMN is going on loan to WBA. Allardyce plans to play him in midfield. I think this is best he's not playing for us I think he's a top player just needs a run of games

straycat_67 likes this.
  6. TheBear

I dont think he's a midfielder. I dont think his close control or passing is good enough for the top level. I know he wants to play there - but his biggest asset is athleticism.

I would say RWB is the best role of Niles. I guess we will see.

7. TheBear

Mustafi being linked to Liverpool. Ha

8. NLDISRED

NLDISRED Active Member

He's very athletic but I think his passing technique and ball control are both good. He lacks creativity and at times intensity but can see him doing well as a #6 he's never been given a run in midfield. I'm hoping he can prove his worth I think he's a top player

9. TheBear

No Saka today which is a huge lose - Auba not back yet either.

Pepe HAS to deliver today.

10. TheBear

Very even half - thought we have been decent though!

11. TheBear

Mustafis gone to Shalke.<ale>

Last edited: Feb 2, 2021
    straycat_67 likes this.
  12. TheBear

Seriously though..

Mustafi, Sokratis, Ozil all released. (Ok would have been better to sell but in this climate its good to just get them off the books)

Maitland Niles and Willock out on loan. They both need regular game time.

Matt Ryan in. We needed and experienced second keeper and we got one.

Martin Odengaard in on loan with the possibility of making it permanent in the Summer. This is potentially a HUGE signing.

Was a solid transfer window.

gooner4ever and straycat_67 like this.
  13. gooner4ever

gooner4ever once a Gooner always a Gooner
    Forum Moderator

lots of wages freed up - £750k a week !

hopefully we use it wisely to tie up the kids to better long term contracts, and to pay wages of new purchases - what do we need

14. GordonnotRamsay

GordonnotRamsay New Member

Now that the window has closed, I believe that Liverpool had a good window. However, it still does not solve the problems that were posed because Virgil is still a big loss. However, Kabak can be a future option but it seems that he will need more refinement. However, there are people who are having trouble when it comes to the their defence and assignements. There are many players who have stepped up as well because players like Odegaard from Real Madrid making the move to Arsenal will be helpful for them especially with their issues creatively. Make sure to keep updated with this because there are many transfers that can pan out like United's signing of that young striker.

15. BrunelGunner

BrunelGunner Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Think it's best for all parties if Bellerin moves on - he's not the same player anymore and I really think we need an upgrade in that position.

Additionally, I would prefer to not sell Nelson just yet, as he's only 21 and don't think it's worth giving up on him. However, right now, there are too many players ahead of him in the pecking order. Pepe, Saka, Martinelli, ESR, Odegaard and - whether we like it or not - Willian. I don't see how he gets back into the team.

If it's immediate game time he wants, it may also be in the best interest for all parties if we sell. His development has and is being stunted right now.

straycat_67 likes this.
  16. cini65

cini65 Well-Known Member

Don't even see what PSG see in Bellerin. He's quite good but that's about it. If we can get £20m+ for him then jeez, whatever, go for it.

straycat_67 likes this.
  17. TheBear

The Big Issue with Bellerin is post injury he hasnt kept that explosive pace that he once had. His passing is decent but he's never been a great crosser. Saying that there's not alot of 'good all round' fullbacks these days.

Sure we could get someone like Hakimi who's great going forward but im not sure he would be that strong defensively.
    Max Aarons has potential.

18. BrunelGunner

Forum Moderator

I feel like when you look at the calibre of right-backs at other clubs, Bellerin currently doesn't look close to the level of any of them.

Forget the traditional top 6 clubs for a moment, look at the rest of the league for example:

Leicester have some fantastic fullback options - James Justin, Ricardo Pereira, Timothy Castagne..
    Everton have Godfrey and Coleman.
    West Ham have Coufal, who has been great for them.
    Southampton have Kyle Walker Peters, who has been excellent for them.
    Aston Villa have Matty Cash, who has been one of their best players this season.
    Brighton have Tariq Lamptey.

ALL of these are options I'd prefer instead of Hector.

I agree that someone like Max Aarons or Lamptey would be shrewd business.

19. TheBear

Lamptey has potential but the others are nothing special.
    Unsuprisngly Liverpool have the best options.

Bellerin will end up at a top Club the others you just mentioned wont and that tells you something.

Bellerin is similar to the Giroud situation - he's not elite and he's not consistent enough but unless you are going to replace with someone cleearly TOP class there's no point selling because he's still a very good player.

20. BrunelGunner

Forum Moderator

A number of those players are a few years younger than Bellerin so you never know, they could make it at a better side. But even if they don’t, Leicester and West Ham (as an example) are playing some great stuff, so they’ll still be performing at a good level (better than us right now anyway!)

It’ll be interesting to see what happens with Hector - I don’t think he’s good enough anymore and I don’t know how many clubs are genuinely interested in him, but there is enough about him to command a good fee of £25m+.

I just hope we get a good fee.