1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer Rumours Arrivals / Departures lounges, Summer 2023.

Discussion in 'Norwich City' started by Walsh.i.am, Mar 22, 2022.

1. RiverEndRick

RiverEndRick Well-Known Member

Speaking of permanent:

"Norwich City new boy Sydney van Hooijdonk is hoping to make Carrow Road his permanent home after joining the Canaries on transfer deadline day. The Dutchman has moved to Norfolk from Italian sign Bologna on an initial loan deal, but City can make the deal permanent this summer if they choose to. The striker is hopeful his performances until then can incentivise his new club to take advantage of that option, as he looks to rediscover his goalscoring touch. “I’m looking for something a bit more long-term,” he said. “So hopefully this will be my new place. That’s the goal for me and also for the club, so that’s the intention."

2. DHCanary

DHCanary Very Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Sorry, to clarify, I meant that we've kept Sorensen but will probably let him go for nothing this summer. Given that, would we have been better financially and on the pitch if we tried to sell him for something in January and instead kept Forshaw, rather than letting Forshaw go for free?

NorthCityCanary likes this.
  3. Robbie BB

Robbie BB Well-Known Member

According to the EDP/Pink'Un, the club hold an option on Sørensen. I wouldn't be surprised if they intend to exercise it.

4. SuffolkCanary

SuffolkCanary Well-Known Member

Ui-Jo Hwang looks to be heading to Turkey on loan at Alanyaspor

RiverEndRick likes this.
  5. Golden Eadie 2

Golden Eadie 2 Well-Known Member

What is our position with Pedro Lima? Asking because I was an article yesterday about interest from Liverpool, Man U and I think Spurs. In the whole article there was no mention of us at all.

6. RiverEndRick

I've just read the TeamTalk blog and I think they're talking about a different Pedro Lima:

"Lima has been a key player for Sport Recife in the Brazilian second tier. The teenager has made 13 appearances to date for the club, scoring two goals and making one assist in the process."

Our Pedro Lima came to us from Palmeiras. This was in the Pinkun on 27 March:

"Norwich City are ready to open talks with Palmeiras over the permanent signing of young midfielder Pedro Lima, according to reports in Brazil. Lima has spent the season on loan at Carrow Road and operated with the under-21 side, although has been included in matchday groups in recent weeks. He has impressed with his performances in England and multiple sources in Brazil are reporting that Norwich are ready to pursue a permanent deal for the youngster in the summer as they make alterations to their squad.

Last summer, due to fan pressure on Palmeiras, Lima was forced to sign on loan despite Norwich wanting to strike a permanent deal. There was confidence from City’s side that a deal could be struck if Lima impressed, something he has done with his performances in Alan Neilson’s side, having recorded seven goal contributions in 12 appearances since his move from Brazil. Reports in Brazil state that Lima has a release clause of around £10m (R$60 million) but that a lower price would be negotiated. Palmeiras also own a large portion of his rights and would look to insert a sell-on clause into any deal. Lima has revealed that he remains open-minded about his future and has enjoyed playing in English football, even if that has been limited to the Canaries’ U21s rather than the first team."

Last edited: Apr 11, 2024
  7. Golden Eadie 2

Time for a new date title for this thread. It's 2024 folks. We MUST recruit a tall dominating CB. Our defenders most certainly are not up to EPL should we get there and are barely adequate for the championship. Unless one of the juniors has the ability to make the step up, but not EPL, only if we are still in chump.

Canary Rob likes this.
  8. Canary Rob

Canary Rob Well-Known Member

Could we buy back Omobamidele? He must be pretty pissed off

9. zogean_king

zogean_king Well-Known Member

I don't think Omobamidele is as good as some were making out

RiverEndRick and carrowcanario like this.
  10. RiverEndRick

I agree. He had good games and some indifferent performances, which is often the case with young players. IMO, CB is position that requires considerable experience and judgement. I was always a little uncomfortable with Godfrey as well, though he's a player with considerable potential. At Everton this season, Godfrey has had 10 starts and 2 sub appearances: 2 of those were at CB and the other 10 were at FB. Neither player has turned out to be the star they were considered here. It must be frustrating for both. Aarons chose a wiser route, IMO.

zogean_king likes this.

11. DUNCAN DONUTS

DUNCAN DONUTS SOCIAL JUSTICE WARRIOR

2 home games then Brum

12. RiverEndRick

13. Golden Eadie 2

In his second season as a first teamer he seemed to regress. I was actually happy that we got as much as we did for him.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2024
  14. RiverEndRick

I agree.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2024
    zogean_king and Golden Eadie 2 like this.
  15. Golden Eadie 2

Great minds and all that Rick.

RiverEndRick likes this.
  16. The Ides of March

The Ides of March Well-Known Member

Thank you for Abu Kamara. He has been fantastic for Pompey. I don't know if your club want to recall him so that he can be included in your squad for the final few games and impending play-offs.

17. Canary Rob

Canary Rob Well-Known Member

You might be praying we go up as you’d get a good shot at another year on loan!

zogean_king likes this.
  18. The Ides of March

The Ides of March Well-Known Member

You don't want him?.I think he is class! Imagine him.playing a pivotal role in the play-offs for Norwich! Helping two teams to.promotion in the same season!

19. RiverEndRick

I'm sure Pompey have done as much for Abu as he has done for the club. Congratulations on winning the league.

20. Golden Eadie 2

He cannot be recalled to play in the playoffs unfortunately. I assume his loan is until end of June with no recall clause. Plus he has not trained with us and learned our strategy so would be out of place.