1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Carlos is the latest to be sacked

Discussion in 'Swansea City' started by Mono, May 10, 2018.

1. Bob the slob

Bob the slob Well-Known Member

Accepted we're down and want to avoid the anti CC chants.
    Wouldn't be surprised if HJ is announced tomorrow!

2. WestWalianGit

WestWalianGit Member

Mawson, Ki, Fab, Ayew bros out. I bring in U23 players and find some more experienced players as well.
    Not sure which manager I would want. It's just been so woeful this season.
    Someone who is consistent and gets the best out of the players they have, playing good football.

3. Taffvalerowdy

Taffvalerowdy Well-Known Member

The other factor is that we will see the Club making many people redundant as it seeks to ‘rightsize’ it’s business following the huge cut in revenue that relegation brings.

I remember being in SG Mercedes last year and a guy working for the Swans (an analyst I think) said to the salesman that he couldn’t commit to signing for a new GLA until he was sure that theSwans will survive as it was likely his job would be at risk.....

swanseaandproud likes this.
  4. swanseaandproud

swanseaandproud Well-Known Member

Keep Carlos ? Your winding us up <laugh>

5. Bob the slob

:-(

6. PGFWhite

PGFWhite Well-Known Member

It just proves what pricks we've got running our Club <ok>

ValleyGraduate12 likes this.
  7. Stumpy

Stumpy Well-Known Member

The club isnt being run PGF its being hurded, right into a slaughterhouse to be butchered.

8. Stumpy

Stumpy Well-Known Member

Its the knee jerk reaction of the fearful soft capitalists who bought the rites to milk the club of the potential £ms they could extract from its premier league status.

Their own naivety (Bob Bradly) and ineptitude in confusing quality (Williams, Sigurdson, Loriente, Cork) with quantity (Clucas, Messa, Carroll, Routledge, Fer, Ki, King, Sanchez, Abraham; what do these players have in common? none are winners) while thinking children, the last 2 in the list, can do a Mans job, has cost them and us dear.

The only consolation I get from this is that the hedge fund owners have to be hurting too, especially as it is their own short sighted arrogance that has caused our demise and lost them tens of £ms.

The following doesn't refer to Fabianski, Jordan Ayew or young Roberts; who looks a good prospect.

Don't blame the players, they are exactly what we fans always said they were, average Championship quality players with limited abilities. None are premier league players, none are game changers and none are the fighters every aspiring club needs to survive in the prem. They are what they are and importantly they are what they were befor they got here and because of that I don't blame them at all. The reality is there's not a leader amongst them and every group in a competatiuve environment needs a leader to follow and to inspire. Leaders cost money though and the board, as I've said, chose to not spend on a couple of quality players but bought a load of similar cheap options and this poor choice is what relegated us.

I hope the ****head owners are squirming and I think they are. Their failures are entirely to blame for our relegation into the Championship. They have lost themselves tens of £m in dividends so lets all pray they're hurting and hurting badly and also, lets let them know exactly how we feel about it all on Sunday.

Last edited: May 11, 2018
    ValleyGraduate12 likes this.
  9. ----HistoryRepeating----

----HistoryRepeating---- Well-Known Member

Well, its not overly comforting, but I'm going to say it anyway. You have been in worse positions than this, I seem to remember collection buckets & deadlines where your club was close to the line. So, keep your chin up, and hopefully some board room competence & some luck comes your way soon. Up the Swans.

10. Bob the slob

While quite a few will be sorry to see CC leave but he has always taken contracts to the end of season.
    Personally I think he's an excellent candidate to lead a Championship club as he's been there and almost gained promotion twice.

What pi$$es me off is, (on other forums) is people ranting about him not being good enough are now ranting against the club for 'sacking' him. (For the record his contract is not being renewed so he has not been sacked.)

11. Bob the slob

12. DragonPhilljack

DragonPhilljack Well-Known Member

Agree Stumpy! and believe me they are hurting, no Jew likes losing money, and these two especially. Remember this on the BBC website in 2016 on the Baston signing:

"Our message to fans is we are very focused on winning and continued success, and we think some of the players we've brought in during this transfer window are players who are going to help us on the pitch," - Kaplan & Levien/2016

Our illustrious Jewish Yanks don't half make me laugh, totally clueless regarding the game, but when it comes to sniffing out money, they'll be there............<laugh>

13. Bob the slob

I thought the anti-semites were all on PS.

DragonPhilljack likes this.
  14. DragonPhilljack

Strange, I can say it to my Jewish friends, and they laugh, put it up on here and I'm anti-semitic?..............<laugh>

PS: I've have refined the wording for the sensitive on here, though I can think of far more appropriate adjectives for the vultures that now run our club!!!..........<whistle>

15. swanseaandproud

swanseaandproud Well-Known Member

We must start learning from our mistakes...Carlos is not good enough that his record shows....We need a much better manager with more experience.....

16. DragonPhilljack

We? Who's We? you should be more specific, the 'boardroom' nead to start learning from thier mistakes, which I very much doubt will happen.......<ok>

17. ValleyGraduate12

ValleyGraduate12 Aberdude's Puppet
    Forum Moderator

Other than Fabianski, the rest are championship players anyway. Nobody will want A Ayew.

DragonPhilljack likes this.
  18. Bob the slob

You have friends? <cheers>

19. DragonPhilljack

Indeed I have, all part of life's rich tapestry, my Jewish friend was my next door neighbor for many years, and we did a lot of business together, until he ran off with another woman!!!.........<laugh>

On a more serious not, what unfolds from the club over the next few weeks and months will tell you all you need to know regarding those that are running our club, you will get to see if they truly care and want to put right the gross neglect they have been responsible for over the past few seasons.....................<ok>

20. Taffvalerowdy

Taffvalerowdy Well-Known Member

I suspect that the Club cannot affordboth Pearlman and Huw is a paid capacity.

Venture Capitalists/ PE Companies don’t hesitate in taking costs out of a business - the question is will they re-invest any of the transfer monies that will come from the sale of Mawson, Fabianski, the Ayews....

It wouldn’t surprise me that they will be attracted by Laudrup’s previous successes in sniffing out bargains and building a decent team. Basically sell high, buy cheap - but using ML and his agent rather than Huw