1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Coronavirus - 606 tales from the Inquiry

Discussion in 'Charlton' started by lardiman, Feb 25, 2020.

1. The Penguin

The Penguin Well-Known Member

Boris and Carrie can't be prosecuted, because they didn't leave home.

2. Smudger603

Smudger603 Well-Known Member

How convenient! The bumbling buffoon has to go

3. The Penguin

We could end up with someone even worse.

4. Smudger603

And there lies the problem !:huh:

5. The Penguin

look at the international scene. Other leaders- Putin? The Chinese? Kim Jong, Macron, Bolsonaro, The Belarus guy?

Ubedizzy likes this.
  6. lardiman

lardiman Keep smiling through
    Forum Moderator

I'm so tired of these revelations coming by the dozen, and each time the elite try to wriggle off the hook on technicalities...
    "it was outside"
    "it was a work meeting"
    "I was only there for a few minutes"
    "I was testing my eyesight"
    <doh>

They take us for absolute fools.
    None of these parties were in the spirit of the lockdown, regardless of technical loopholes.
    They display an arrogance and sense of superiority that is typical of our leaders since - well since forever.

I thought the class system was supposed to be a thing of the past.
    That anybody could make it if they work hard enough.
    That is so clearly not true.

MP's and civil servants and advisors, all of them think they are better than us.
    That common people are a stupid and gullible sub-species, beneath their interest.
    Rules they impose on us don't apply to them.

At least in the old days they were honest about it.
    Their superiority was a matter of course.
    They did not patronise their lessers by pretending that everyone is equal.
    And it's the hypocrisy that rubs salt into the wound.

It's time this country was run by experts. Experienced people who have earned respect by decades of dedication and hard work.
    Not politicians without a clue of what real life is like.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2022
    Ken Shabby and Ubedizzy like this.
  7. The Penguin

Tory MP's used to have a track record of being successful businessmen, Labour MP's in the workplace, often as Union negotiators, which is quite a skill. Now we've got career politicians who study PPE, join a party as advisors then get parachuted into a parliamentary seat, usually a safe one.

lardiman likes this.
  8. Ubedizzy

Ubedizzy Well-Known Member

The problem that works against all these arguments is that it is the British public that votes these people into positions of power.

If you want change then you have to stop voting for the same political party over and over again. And history has proven that the Lib Dem’s and Labour wouldn’t produce any better policies if they were in power.

After all, isn’t it the definition of madness to keep doing the same thing but expecting a different result ?

9. Ubedizzy

Merkel, Biden/Trump/Clinton/Obama (take your pick out of these 4), Trudeau, Sturgeon, the list is endless……

10. Ubedizzy

What, like the experts who keep giving false information about the pandemic ? Or the climate experts who spin every bit of data in the direction they want ?
    Quite frankly I don’t trust any of them. They all have their own agenda and there are very few who are acting in the best interests of the public (unless that happens to fit in with their own views).
    Power truly does corrupt I’m afraid. Always has and always will.

lardiman likes this.

11. Ken Shabby

Ken Shabby Well-Known Member

I think climate change has gone quite a long way past the point where it is proven - the only people people 'spinning' facts are negationists and idiots like Trump who are prepared to take payments from fossil fuel lobbies to say something they know is out and out lies and keep us on the road to extinction. And most of theexperts who have spoken regrding the pandemic have done so on the basis of their personal knowlege and scientific facts, as much as they can have them about a new virus. Those who have lied are generally politicians who have done so from a political stand point rather than a scientific one, and the anti vaxxers, who seem to be preaching form a point of utter witlessness.

The Penguin and Ubedizzy like this.
  12. Ubedizzy

You are obviously more trusting than me. Anyone is capable of spinning information. That doesn’t necessarily mean that their basic argument is incorrect, but rather that they are biased and only present information in one way - the way that suits their point of view and many of the public are so stupid that they don’t question it.

Two current examples are the advice being given by the so-called experts at the UKHSA, which it turns out is completely spun. I won’t say incorrect as with the right bias you can argue that it is still correct, although it actually isn’t.

And secondly the BBC’s very biased reporting of the climate data from yesterday claiming irrefutable evidence of climate change because the last seven years have been the hottest on record and that there have been more dramatic climate events because of this. Again I can’t say that that is incorrect as with the right bias you can argue it is correct. BUT there are a number of factors which make me question the conclusion being reached by those who are presenting the information. And many of the decisions being made in the name of climate change are leading to huge profits for private enterprises as they develop ‘greener’ technologies on the back of climate change. And all while they are able to ‘offset’ their own carbon footprints and ignore the fact that they are replacing one form of climate damage with another. Call me a cynic if you will, but why aren’t these same people calling for the one thing that will reduce carbon emissions more than anything else ? Apart from perhaps that there’s no profit in it ? And the one thing, that without it makes all the supposed efforts to ‘go green’ utterly pointless, and just increases the costs for Joe Public and therefore the profits for those advocating the changes.

13. The Penguin

The BBC made a fool of itself when it tried to balance out expert opinion by climatologists by wheeling out Nigel Lawson as a Climate Change Denier. Since then it has accepted, correctly, that climate change is a scientifically proven fact. Any arguments to the contrary are wishful thinking, I'm afraid. In the meantime we have to get on with life and hope that the experts manage to come up with a solution in time, as they have done in producing a vaccine.

Ubedizzy likes this.
  14. Ubedizzy

The BBC regularly makes itself look silly. It is so far removed from what it first was that it’s whole existence, structure and funding needs to be looked at and overhauled.

Why, for example, did it choose yesterday to run a major item with the headline “The last seven years have been the hottest years ever”, when that headline is clearly wrong, misleading and out of context with the data that had just emerged. It may well be that in fact 2021 is going to be the coolest year for the last seven years but the BBC chose to spin it differently. Why ?

I’m not arguing that the last seven years may be the hottest seven years since modern recording methods began (only about 25/30 years ago) or that the general trend is up, but the headline and subsequent reports are selective in their use of the data and were designed to reinforce the BBC’s bias, not as a non-partisan news report.

It’s spin, pure and simple.

15. lardiman

lardiman Keep smiling through
    Forum Moderator

Faced with no options to wriggle off the hook, Novax admits he couldn't be bothered to isolate for days after he tested positive for COVID19 in December.

In a lengthy social media statement he said "me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me..."
    And his agent apologises <laugh>

Do the Australian people (who have suffered under the strictest and longest running lockdowns in the world) really want a guy with this attitude strutting around a tennis court in their country?

And he is anti-vacc. Despite the bull that's been spouted recently by his toadies.

Ubedizzy and The Penguin like this.
  16. Ubedizzy

UK case numbers down sharply for the 4th day in a row, following the Omicron pattern of other countries. Looks like we are definitely over the worst of it.

And France continues to have alarming figures (3x our numbers yesterday). They have had mandatory mask wearing for a while now, so perhaps it finally nails the lie that wearing a mask makes any significant difference. It doesn’t. Which should have been obvious just looking at the physics of it.

Well done Boris for not bringing in even stricter rules a couple of weeks ago.

If there’s no strict rules then he can’t possibly break them I suppose :emoticon-0127-lipss

17. The Penguin

The anti-vaxxers have a hero now. His excuses don't add up.
    "Error of judgment" my a**e. His grandstanding over his exemption was the last straw for me.

Ken Shabby, Ubedizzy and lardiman like this.
  18. Ubedizzy

I think that’s what initially annoyed the Aussies as well. That and the fact that he simply doesn’t meet the requirements. It’s been very disappointing to see them subsequently mess it up and allow him to stay.

The Penguin likes this.
  19. Smudger603

Sky news now saying virus was “likely” from a lab - it started in China so enough said !

20. The Penguin

The Virus has lasted longer than most things that are made in China.

Ubedizzy and Smudger603 like this.