1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Dr Strangelove (how I learned to stop worrying and love Boris)

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by Deletion Requested1, Sep 21, 2021.

1. Makemstine Roger

Makemstine Roger Well-Known Member

Nigel Keith Anthony Standish Vaz (born 26 November 1956) is a former British Labour Party politician who served as the Member of Parliament (MP) for Leicester East from 1987 to 2019. He was the British Parliament's longest-serving British Asian MP.

Vaz served as the Minister for Europe between October 1999 and June 2001. He was appointed a member of the Privy Council in June 2006. He was Chairman of the Home Affairs Select Committee from July 2007, but resigned from this role on 6 September 2016 after the Sunday Mirror revealed he had engaged in unprotected sexual activity with male prostitutes and had said he would pay for cocaine if they wished to use it.

please log in to view this image

2. Makemstine Roger

3. Makemstine Roger

Liverpool council corruption scandal threatens Labour power ...

28 Mar 2021 — It was a devastating indictment of one of Britain's most powerful councils: a “rotten culture” of dubious contracts and backroom bullying, ..

Liverpool council corruption scandal threatens Labour power in the city
    Analysis: Political fallout could cost Labour the city’s mayoralty and votes in May’s local elections

The Cunard building, on the Liverpool waterfront, is home to the city council’s administration. Photograph: Christopher Thomond/The Guardian

Josh Halliday
    Sun 28 Mar 2021

It was a devastating indictment of one of Britain’s most powerful councils: a “rotten culture” of dubious contracts and backroom bullying, where staff were silenced and official records dumped in skips. The government’s damning verdict on Liverpool city council was summed up by a single word on the front page of the local newspaper: “Failed.”

4. Makemstine Roger

The leaked Labour report should have been an explosive scandal
    But the media buried it, because they were complicit

5. Makemstine Roger

Is this the beginning of the end for Labour?
    The pandemic should have been a chance to decry inequality and demand change. Instead, Labour tried to win a patriotism contest with the Tories, and lost

Today is a bleak day for the Labour Party.

Yesterday, England held one of its biggest ever batches of elections. Though ballots in races for local councils, police and crime commissioners and metro mayors are still being counted, the results for Labour look set to be even worse than the bad results that leader Keir Starmer was preparing the party for.

Most councils were electing only a third of their councillors yesterday, meaning dramatic shifts were hard to achieve. But the Conservatives have nonetheless seized control of councils that have been run by Labour for most of their history, in the North, Midlands and South. And Labour has also seen its vote eroded by the Lib Dems and the Greens.

The Tories took Harlow, which Labour had controlled for the past nine years, and most of the past 40, but where it lost six of the seven seats it was defending.

6. Makemstine Roger

What have been the scandals?
    At the start of his premiership, Tony Blair faced criticism over his interactions with Formula One tycoon Bernie Eccleston. New Labour had received £1m from Mr Eccleston months before coming to power in 1997, with another possible chunk on the way. It was later revealed that he had met Mr Blair to lobby him to exempt F1 from a tobacco advertising ban.

A "cash for honours" scandal hit Tony Blair's government in 2006, when it emerged that a number of large secret loans had been made to the Labour Party before the 2005 general election. Some of the lenders had subsequently been nominated for the House of Lords.

Tony Blair became the first prime minister to be questioned by the police during an investigation. However, the long and expensive probe led to no charges from the CPS.

Offering seats in the House of Lords is still a controversial issue. In 2020 Prime Minister Boris Johnson nominated Peter Cruddas - who had given £50,000 to Mr Johnson's campaign to be party leader - for a seat in the House of Lords, going against official advice.

A businessman who was later convicted for perjury became the Liberal Democrats' largest donor in 2005, giving £2.4m to the party. The party faced criticism for not returning the donation, despite Michael Brown not being a registered UK voter and donating through a newly-created company.

It's not always wealthy individuals. This summer the police launched an investigation into the SNP's finances after the party had raised money in a crowdfunding drive. Donors had complained about how the money went on to be used.

7. Makemstine Roger

8. Makemstine Roger

just getting sick of the hate Tory drivel i expect it from DH4.... BUT THIS IS GETTING CHILDISH NOW THEY ARE BOTH AS BAD AS EACH OTHER....SO IF IT CONTINUES ILL DISRUPT THIS ****E AS TWO CAN PLAY THAT GAME,

9. Smug in Boots

Smug in Boots Well-Known Member

Grow up.

It's a forum where people can post their views.

It'll continue as forums do and as long as people want it to, not until you crack your whip.

Gordon Armstrong likes this.
  10. Makemstine Roger

ha you keep posting your ****e ill reply stick that up your hoop

11. Smug in Boots

I expect replies, that's what a discussion forum is all about.

You can't demand people stop posting, it's not your forum and it would continue if you never posted again ...

... same goes for everyone.

There are people, other than me and DH4, who post things you may not like but that's tough.

This was my previous post which you consider shyte, others don't.

You answer it with random drivel, some from years ago ... your choice.

"British Prime Minister Boris Johnson spoke to Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman on Wednesday, September 2 2020, with the objective of fostering closer ties with the Kingdom and strengthening of trade and investment between both the nations."

"The Saudi crown prince, Mohammed bin Salman, warned Boris Johnson in a text message, 15 Apr 2021, that UK-Saudi Arabian relations would be damaged if the British government failed to intervene to “correct” the Premier League’s “wrong” decision not to allow a £300m takeover of Newcastle United last year."

12. Makemstine Roger

i don't demand nothing, you have the problem ,ive never been banned from anywhere unlike you, or pressed the report button 20 times because there is something i don't like but you have, or call fellow poster a peado like you are guilty of. or pick on posters with different views until they leave the forum .This thread was made with the intention of stirring ****e, well done you have achieved your goal, time to let it die a natural death which it will when people who don't have a warped view of politics stop replying, must say you have an unnatural hatred of the Tory party which flows out with your posts.

13. SAFC2403

SAFC2403 Well-Known Member

Roger is clearly a Tory. Keep on clapping like a seal for that massive tit in charge then eh

DH4 and Makemstine Roger like this.
  14. Makemstine Roger

you have me all wrong mate, its disgusting what Boris has done with the pensions ,and the 20 quid claw back, this woke green **** with the gas which everyone will suffer for, but all i ever see is ****e being spouted in one direction only and its boring, I don't have a problem with you ,your a decent enough guy, nor do i have a problem with your political allegiance, but then you are not always trying to ram it down peoples throat,

SAFC2403 likes this.
  15. SAFC2403

SAFC2403 Well-Known Member

tbh i've never liked tories and i'm actually disgusted that Labour havent been able to smash these ****s. Until Labour get their act in gear these idiots will continue to wreak havoc on this country.

I truly fear for the country my kids will grow up in. The divisions have never been wider imo - brexit has given a boatloat of idiots platforms to spout hate and its getting worse.

16. Makemstine Roger

i agree with every word you wrote, i will still vote Tory because there is no alternative, and this from a lad with a massive family from both my mam and dads side who are devoted Labour. Blair did it for me the most corrupt politician and family out there, i will reluctantly vote Tory because im **** scared to vote Labour, any one who could make D Abbott a minister should be nowhere near government

clockstander and Iain like this.
  17. Smug in Boots

<laugh>

Same old shyte ...

... do you have this drivel on cut&paste?

Grow up man, it's a forum where people can have different opinions.

Stamp your feet all you like but people will post what they like.

18. Makemstine Roger

get a life your boring old fat fart, sick of hearing your whinging

19. Smug in Boots

You're always shouting at people and telling them to put posters on ignore ...

... why don't you take your own advice, put me on ignore and stop boring everyone.

20. Smug in Boots

So the Saudis are denying we need to worry about climate change and say we should keep burning oil ...

... well what a surprise <laugh>

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)

1. COYCS