1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Compare the cheese to no 10 thread

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by Red Hadron Collider, Apr 15, 2014.

1. Red Hadron Collider

Red Hadron Collider The Hammerhead

One of the parents is a bizzy. She told him and he got the plastics involved.

2. Red Hadron Collider

Lockdown tonight in Warrington. Unfortunately, it came early to the Cheese. It was busy as it could be on Friday night and I stayed a little later than usual. On Saturday morning, I got a (blanket) text from the landlord saying a customer who was also in there had received a positive covid test result on Saturday morning. WE should all follow NHS guidelines and self-isolate for 14 days. How thoughtful of the horrible ****ing bitch. :Logic told me that as she was on the other side of the pub, chances would be remote, but I decided to go and get tested anyway. On the way, I got a call from Baccy Dave who had also been in there, saying NHS help-line said if you've not been in proximity for more than 15 minutes, no need to self-isolate. I had the test anyway and went for a pint. Got the result last night, which was negative.

The woman who tested positive was supposed to have her birthday do in the Cheese on Saturday night, but it was obviously shut. Hope she had a lovely ****ing birthday, Bet she could feel all the love <grr>

3. moreinjuredthanowen

I mean the mind boggles at the simple basics of stopping the virus spreading.

If she was waiting for a result she should be self isolating end of.

Irrespective for your opinion of risk as that's a great way to fudge it. Your mate got an answer he wanted out of some fool on a help line as well so he could justify ignoring the issue. The nhs should be repeating only that mantra everywhere. Waiting? Self isolate, negative self isolate, feeling symptoms self isolate.

At least you got a good probing and yeah its 5 days til it really shows up so every has to isolated for 10 days min irrespective.

This is why we have the issue. Stunning lack of clarity and leadership from the top right down.

Edit. If it were light discipline in Wwii and people took that attitude they'd have their lights put out sharpish

4. saintKlopp

I know people who still think it's fake. :(

5. Zanjinho

Zanjinho Boom!
    Forum Moderator

I know lots of people that think it's fake. I also a few that believed it was fake but have been very poorly after catching it :)

saintKlopp likes this.
  6. Garlic Klopp

Garlic Klopp Well-Known Member

In the good old USA the non-believers have COVID parties, one bloke in his 30's went to one, caught COVID and died. He apparently said to a nurse a day or so before he died "I have been stupid haven't I"

7. Zanjinho

Zanjinho Boom!
    Forum Moderator

There are loads but a lot are too arrogant, stubborn or embarrassed to admit they got it wrong. The ones that speak out to say they got it wrong are dismissed as actors.

8. O'l Gravy Leg.

O'l Gravy Leg. Well-Known Member

Apparently, there is no actual source for this story other than a hospital official and no way of ever verifying it was true
    A 30 something who was in good health, died of COVID and on his deathbed regrets such folly to a nurse.

I'll take 'things that never happened for $500

Its exactly like the stories you tell children to scare them straight

9. saintKlopp

Like the bereaved families of kids murdered in school shootings are dismissed as "crisis actors" designed to get them to accept some restrictions on gun-ownership.
    How crass and selfish can you be?

10. O'l Gravy Leg.

The best bit about that story is she claims he said it to a nurse, just before he died.
    If he was talking to nurses just before he died, a COVID infection caused disease in the lungs is not what killed him.

I've (we've) seen those people at that stage, they ain't saying anything to anyone, they can hardly breathe with O2 or a ventilator, let alone without one

People just believe what they want to because it fits their present view of the world

and obviously I am not playing COVID down either

11. Tobes

Tobes Warden
    Forum Moderator

She said it was his last words, which would have been before he was intubated.

Not sure what you think the motivation would be for the head of a hospital to fabricate that story, but anyway.

saintKlopp and Zanjinho like this.
  12. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

I was lucky to have a fairly easy ride with it but did think I may need to go to hospital on a couple of occasions. Main thing I can say having had it is that you can easily tell how that if worse it would be very serious.

Solid_Air 2, Zanjinho and saintKlopp like this.
  13. Red Hadron Collider

I took the PCR test the day after potential exposure. This test doesn't test for symptoms. It tells you that, at the time of the test, you either do, .or you don't have the virus. You could catch it an hour after the test and would still get a negative result back for the first test. It's a snapshot and that's all

14. moreinjuredthanowen

actually all it says is the sample taken does have viral markers or not within the margin of error.

you could have it and its not showing yet hence the need to self isolate irrespective of result.

yeah you.could get it an hour after but again the point is you know you've a potential exposure therefore you have to take one for the team irrespective of the test result.

sadly the government are utterly ineffective at communicating this.

15. saintKlopp

It's not just poor communication though, it's also the bloody-mindedness of the "no-one tells me what to do" brigade who think rules only apply to others.
    Incidentally the self-administered test is quite difficult to do because it causes most people to gag so results can be a bit iffy as well.

16. Red Hadron Collider

I gagged a bit but I stuck at it <yikes>

@MITO Potential exposure on Friday. No symptoms whatsoever.

O'l Gravy Leg. and saintKlopp like this.
  17. Garlic Klopp

Garlic Klopp Well-Known Member

Sounds like what one of your ex girlfriends might say!

O'l Gravy Leg. likes this.
  18. O'l Gravy Leg.

<laugh>

19. Red Hadron Collider

None of them can hope with a gobfull of Hammerhead

Garlic Klopp likes this.
  20. O'l Gravy Leg.

or the smell of malt groin

organic red likes this.