1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Getting to know the network

Discussion in 'Charlton' started by DonCorleone, Nov 30, 2016.

1. SuperChrissyisfantasticPardswasatrocious

Remember watching him at Dulwich Hamlet after his first season - he'd put on an obscene amount of weight.

2. Holden Chinaski

Holden Chinaski Well-Known Member

And they say that free speech and open forum discussions is one of the pillars of democracy?

3. User deleted as requested

User deleted as requested Well-Known Member

At least this fully exposes the role that 25 year old geek Thomas Driesen plays at Charlton

Despite having no background whatsoever in football, Bob Peeters says "he was the boss"

4. Holden Chinaski

Holden Chinaski Well-Known Member

Also listening to this, just shows how much more admiration that I have for Chris Powell. He really did protect his players and the fans as much as humanly possible, and stuck to his footballing philosophy and principles.

5. DonCorleone

DonCorleone Well-Known Member

People can say what they like about Powell's team selection and tactics, but it was a much happier valley back then. A shame a section of the fans had to start that SCP nonsense. Great bloke, great player, average manager. Certainly would of done better than any of Rolys incumbents, though.

6. User deleted as requested

Jose Riga also did a decent job in his first stint with us. He should have been rewarded at the end of that season with a proper contract and the chance to build his own squad. Instead Duchatelet quickly took his legs from underneath him after Riga made comments about the quality of some of the Network imports. When Peeters was sacked he came out with the quote that every time Phil Chappel recommended we sign a player "the answer back was always the same -no". Today we hear him expanding on that, referring to the 25 year old geek as "the Boss" and saying that RD listened to the Geek more than anyone else, and that he basically had the final say on who came in despite having no background in football or coaching at any level. The Football Authorities simply should not allow this sort of thing to happen.

7. SuperChrissyisfantasticPardswasatrocious

Also the final guy saying that CP didn't stand a chance and he knew it.

The Ben Alnwick situation is interesting, and I'd have liked some more clarity on the subject. There were suggestions it was a family issue/illness that saw him leave us. Without looking it up, I thought there was some time between us and his next club.

8. User deleted as requested

Alnwick - there were rumours about his young child, which meant that he was forced to take a break from football.

9. DonCorleone

DonCorleone Well-Known Member

He joined Orient on the 31st of Jan and left just under two months later.

10. User deleted as requested

Daily Mail On Line now carrying the story <cheers>

You can always rely on the Mail to come up Trumps (@ForestHillBilly please note :emoticon-0165-muscl)

ForestHillBilly likes this.

11. SuperChrissyisfantasticPardswasatrocious

Muscle emoticon whilst discussing a newspaper - dear god <cheers>

12. SuperChrissyisfantasticPardswasatrocious

13. User deleted as requested

I am loathe to agree with the Pissed Fatman [Reams], but I do share the view that the wallies on CL saying that today's e mails represent a "tipping point" are completely and utterly deluded. Duchatelet and his lackey will not give a monkeys. They will turn down any requests for resulting media interviews and just plough on regardless. In reality the numerous ex players and ex coaches have just put out there in public what everyone other than Reams, Colin and Nigel Williamson knew all along.

The Kish likes this.
  14. Ken Shabby

Ken Shabby Well-Known Member

Sadly, I don't see why these lies are more important tan others that have come to light. RD will just blame dissatisfied ex employees and continue to run the ship aground in his own manner.

15. User deleted as requested

I tend to agree Ken. He displays sociopathic tendencies, and also has the comfort of 860m Euros and the support of Sue Parkes to fall back on.

16. ForestHillBilly

ForestHillBilly Well-Known Member

The only thing that would topple Roland is a rebellion within. Otherwise they'll ignore it just as they always have. Messrs. Murray and Peacock, what do you really really think?

17. Ken Shabby

Ken Shabby Well-Known Member

To a certain extent, it reminds me of all the Watergate stuff in the seventies. The reporters kept chipping away, revealing one thing after another, and eventually, Nixon was forcéd to resign (though he never admitted wrongdoing as far as I can remember. There the resemblance ends. There is no accountability for RD to be forced to move on. I broke my rule and checked ITTV, and the usual suspects are all lined up saying 'this is old news, things have changed'. KM seems to have been gagged, the club have apparently told the Daily Mail they won't discuss private telegrams, and RD will probably keep schtumm. These are actually serious revelations in my opinión, but who can bring RD to account? Not us. I hope there is a bit of a media storm about this (actually I hope there is a media hurricane, but I doubt it'll happen) but they bell ends in charge will carry on.

18. SuperChrissyisfantasticPardswasatrocious

Was it during the 3-0 defeat to donny that RD sent that email? Surely not the mail getting their info wrong, @Royston Vasey ;)

19. User deleted as requested

The Daily Malice is never wrong

20. SuperChrissyisfantasticPardswasatrocious

Today's revelations were never going to end with Roland or Katrien walking out, as much as I'm sure it would be welcomed, it's not realistic.

What it does it throw scorn on one of KM's favourite lines about bitter ex employees. She can't use that excuse again, as the emails provide evidence of Roland interfering.

Additionally, in my time I can't recall an expose like this. Quotes from active players and managers, speaking out like this is completely unique, and shows the dismay felt by all of those who've left and the contempt in which they hold the owners and management.

Then again, we're 50% through the narrative. Let's see what else comes from this. Part 1 and 2, you'd think would be about getting attention. Part 3 and 4, I hope, is where the punch is.