1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Leeds Utd Derby County. 2nd leg Semi Final Play Offs

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by ellandback, May 13, 2019.

?

Scoreline: Leeds Utd v Derby

Poll closed May 20, 2019.
  1. Draw

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. 1-0

15.4%
  3. 2-0

15.4%
  4. 2-1

23.1%
  5. 3-0

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. 3-2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. 0-1

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. 1-2

15.4%
  9. 0-2

7.7%
  10. 0-3 Shako special

23.1%
  1. OLOF

OLOF Well-Known Member

Having Casilla take your place in the team can't have done BPF's confidence any good, after watching Casillas first few games from the bench he must have thought, **** me I must be bad if this twat on 50k a week is better than me on £300 a week
    Personally I think BPF was treated badly, we were top of the league with him between the sticks, yes he made mistakes, but so did plenty of the outfield players without getting the flak he got, he's a young lad with a big future in my humble opinion

2. FORZA LEEDS

FORZA LEEDS Well-Known Member

Totally agree. Would like him to be first choice next season

OLOF likes this.
  3. Eric Le Merde

Eric Le Merde Well-Known Member

I blame LeedsLover

Leedsoflondon and MIGHTY like this.
  4. OLOF

OLOF Well-Known Member

<laugh>
    He's a goalie i'll have you know

Eric Le Merde likes this.
  5. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I'm not convinced he is the answer for us myself but I totally see where you are coming from, it's turned out he was better than Casilla but I feel we have replaced average with liability.

I think Casilla is a good shot stopper, he has good distribution but he believes in himself far too much, I am hoping we can move him on and I am hoping we can get some sort of return on Bamford, I don't want to see him starting next season either.

OLOF likes this.
  6. OLOF

OLOF Well-Known Member

We have previous for letting good, young keepers move on in the past, its just my opinion that BPF will become a very good keeper and I hope its with us.
    I agree that Casilla is a good shot stoppe,r but I think BPF's distribution was a lot better but has a lot to learn and with youth on his side he will do just that
    You may have something there mate about Casilla believing in himself too much, maybe he has this attitude, I've played for Real Madrid and now, look at me i'm the top man at this 2nd tier English team, just a thought:emoticon-0101-sadsm

7. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I too believe BPF will become a great keeper but I think he is a couple of years away, I’m hoping he stays with us.

Whitejock and OLOF like this.
  8. LeedsLover

LeedsLover Well-Known Member

Nothing's changed with you then I see.

Eric Le Merde likes this.
  9. Whitejock

Whitejock Well-Known Member

Did some numbers on the goalie situation. Not sure I fully understand the results, but I'll publish anyway & be damned! :)

Casilla played his first game against Rotherham on Jan 26th. For the record, BPF played one game since then, but as I'm looking at the stats on a before/after Casilla basis, the result of that one goes under the Casilla numbers. Reason? I too believe that Casilla has upset the balance & confidence at the back, so BPF coming in for a single game would just bring added confusion.

Here's the basic data I worked with:

Picture1.png

From this, I produced this 'actuals' table:

Picture2.png

.... and this is where I get confused.

The W/D/L percentages, plus the points per game numbers point to the suspicion that Casilla starting in the team correlates to our huge dip in form in 2019.

* Our win percent dropped 33%, draws dropped 50%, and losses increase 100%.
    * Our points per game dropped 17%

Damning figures, eh?

But look at the goals against numbers - not much in the way of a significant increase, is there? Just short of a 4% increase. Hardly a sacking offence, is it?

So yes, there most certainly appears to be a correlation linking Casilla to our 2019 form dip, but absolutely not where many of us expected it - i.e. - in the goals per game against. Most puzzling.

So I decided to extrapolate for the hell of it to see what a BPF season would be compared to a Casilla's season. Just for fun, btw - it proves absolutely nothing:

Picture3.png

Interestingly, on 89 points we'd still have finished 3rd on goal difference - unless the Blades was one of the matches we picked up the extra points from.

So, having proved bugger all with stats, opinion takes over once again. So that's it decided then - Casilla must go! :)

bucks_is_leeds and FORZA LEEDS like this.
  10. OLOF

OLOF Well-Known Member

I did one myself a week or so ago on another thread WJ. a bit more simplified, games played, games won lost or drew ratio and Casilla came out worse than BPF, put it this way, if he had started in the team in November, we probably wouldn't even have made the playoffs so, sack the twat, or keep him in midfield:p

FORZA LEEDS, MIGHTY and Whitejock like this.

11. MIGHTY

MIGHTY Del-Boy

Haven't seen this keeper except in the last game,
    what circus did this juggler come from ? and what is it with you and goalkeepers ffs <doh>

you have had some real dodgy ones in recent years <laugh>
    do you want ours to add to your list of calamities <yikes>

OLOF likes this.
  12. sniffer1

sniffer1 Well-Known Member

send cassilla back to spain collect 5 million for him , put BPF back in goal and spend 5 million on a f.cking decent defender , i cant stand cassila i will tell you why , what is the main advantage of having a goalkeeper ? HE CAN PICK THE F.CKING BALL UP ! SOMETHING CASILLA REFUSES TO DO THE TW.T alot of money needs spending on quality , cooper out , baradi looks past it now , a test to see if ROOFE is made of glass is needed.

13. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

Bad luck guys, thought I'd give you a couple of days before I waded in, give you a chance to grieve etc.

At the end of the day, you went from 13th to 3rd......if Leeds fans were offered 3rd place at the beginning of the season, they'd have probably taken your hand off for it.
    And Bielsa did that with not very many signings at all, he definitely improved things.
    With 2 or 3 good additions in the summer, you'll be among the favourites for automatic promotion, IF Bielsa stays!

Last edited: May 17, 2019
    sniffer1, bucks_is_leeds and OLOF like this.
  14. LeedsLover

LeedsLover Well-Known Member

Whatever your opinions, or way of thinking, we ain't getting promoted this season.....but next season, watchout Championship.

A lot still fuming at not getting past Derby, our own fault. We've been our own worst enemy for most of second half of season, from players to Bielsa.

Most are still upset, most are still looking for a scapegoat, most are going after Kiko, Cooper and Berardi, simply because we didn't get past Derby.

We had a 2 goal lead and couldn't hold onto it, nor add to it, that is untill Dallas gave us an aggregate equaliser, even then we couldn't overcome Derby. Derby wanted it more and never give up.

Let's look at the goal that nearly was involving Phillips. Phillips for most part is useless in an ariel challenge, has been for most of season. He hardly put in any effort to challenge Lawrence for the ball, resulting in a shot put over bar.

Our goal. Derby made a big mistake at back allowing Dallas to score off upright. We had a 2 goal lead.

Their first goal. Cooper saw Kiko coming and should've stopped, but he didn't; most other games he would've. Kiko pointed out to Cooper afterwards about opening his eyes and looking.

Their second goal. Shackleton failed to get in the challenge, and should've. Mason Mount was lucky the ball went in from the way he attempted the shot.

Their third goal. Cooper accused of pulling a Derby player back, resulting in a penalty. and a goal.

Our aggregate equaliser was well worked between Klich and Dallas, sadly, a lot of our touches weren't coming off because some players are not on par with Pablo or Klich.

Their fourth goal. Where was Ayling, where was Phillips, they are part of the defence. The goal scorer was on his own, stopped for a cup of tea then lobbed the keeper.

I've said for most of season, Ayling is a liability cos he doesn't get back fast enough, and he has been the reason for so many goals coming from his side; it came back to haunt us. Where was Phillips who's suppose to cover for Ayling when he can't get back fast enough, nowhere. Ayling was the one who let the Derby player pass him, and Phillips put in an half hearted attempt to stop the player passing. Neither one attempted to sprint back and help the defence.

Ayling can't shoot to save his life, so why does he keep doing it, probably same reason he pretends to be Pele when he goes down wing trying his fancy footwork; he's an attention seeker.

I don't fully blame Berardi for getting sent off. He was in the thick of it with no help, and he never give up. Berardi will always give 110%, which is more than can be said for some other players.

Bielsa, as good as he is, and as much as I like him made mistakes during second half of season, both with team selection and subs. He also stuck to his game plan while being blinded to the other teams who had worked him, and our style of play out.

Bamford should never play for Leeds again, he's too slow, not much skill and gives up too easily; he's way too lackadaisical. We would've had more effort out of Edmondson.

What happened when we played the lower teams.............complacency. Some players thought it was going to be a piece of cake, a walkover, boy did they get a surprise. Some players had obviously thought they were bigger than the lower teams, ie, bigheads. That's where the psychological problems enter the equation.

We were our own worst enemy, and some players shouldn't be here next season..........Ayling, Phillips, Bamford should all be replaced, and Roberts needs to really buck up if he wants to make Saiz's position his own, but I don't think he will.

15. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Do you ever question why you are in the minority who feel Phillips hasn't been the stand out player this season. Why clubs are preparing a £20m offer for him and why he was voted player of the season by the local media and will probably get fans player of the year if not second to Pablo?

I totally accept we are all equal when it comes to views and opinions nobody is right or wrong but I honestly wonder if you post this stuff about Phillips looking for a reaction, I honestly don't get it. Yes we can disagree on a lot but even when I disagree with you I often see the point you are making but I am not even on the same book not alone page with you when it comes to Phillips

Leedsoflondon, OLOF and Whitejock like this.
  16. OLOF

OLOF Well-Known Member

Come on mate, if that was BPF thinking he was a sweeper youd have crucified the kid, sometimes youve gotta admit youre wrong, Casilla has proved he is a liability, we were a better defence with BPF in goal, that is obvious

ristac and Gessa like this.
  17. Eireleeds1

Eireleeds1 Well-Known Member

Lets face it, Orta is useless. We had two ****e goalies before Casilla, both had to be got rid of and BPF got between the sticks only because he was only remaining option, not because he was brilliant. Orta then found Casilla. Enough said or Ill be on a rant again about our leaders who must be adored and worshipped

ristac likes this.
  18. Eric Le Merde

Take the tablets and re-read what you've typed. It was fine, almost, until you got to the last eight words.

Eireleeds1 likes this.
  19. Whitejock

Whitejock Well-Known Member

Chaps, he's a prick who sticks his neck out often with ridiculously unbelievable statements. He'll still be thinking that Wood is having 'accidents' in the PL, or that Adryan (who?) could still do a job for us.

Fortunately, we have Bielsa to make our decisions, and there's only 1 person in the world that is convinced that he knows better than Don Marcelo. And that's our AdolfLover.

We all know that he's a prick. I can't for the life of me understand why he seeks to confirm this several times a day. Doesn't he realise that we all know already? :)

20. Eric Le Merde

We can't ignore the prickness though or we become somehow implicated with it. It should be called out whenever it appears

Leedsoflondon and Whitejock like this.