1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Man U

Discussion in 'Cardiff City' started by Hilts24, Dec 16, 2018.

1. ninian opinion

ninian opinion Well-Known Member

Can’t see them doing anything other than have their best game if the season now they’re released from Mourinho’s hold.

2. Oldsparkey

Oldsparkey Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I may be misunderstanding you pal and I'll try to be polite, but WTF are you talking about. :emoticon-0105-wink:

3. DaiJones

DaiJones Well-Known Member

To be honest Sparks I would not bet against them myself but I'm not a betting man the odds are always in favour of the bookies.

Oldsparkey likes this.
  4. Oldsparkey

Forum Moderator

I agree about not beating the bookies in the long run Dai. The message is only bet for fun and not for a living - if you try to actually make money out of it you'll end up in big trouble. Never been a frequent punter and only used to have the very occasional (fairly large) bet on City when I was still in business.

In Malky's first season with us I had £300 on us to finish top 2 and £600 on us to go up any route - can't remember what the odds were but the total return was something like £7K. The top 2 shot went down but at least we were in the playoffs - then West Ham beat us 5-0. <doh>

I thought right, no more of this big stuff and didn't repeat the bet the following season - and the rest is history. <doh><doh><doh>...........<laugh>

Just have small bets on City individual games now out of interest. The only couple of season long punts I've got running on City this year are £50 @14/1 to return £750 on us finishing top half <laugh>, and £100 @ 5/2 to return £350 on any City player scoring double figures by the end of the season - come on Pato!..<laugh>

DaiJones likes this.
  5. ninian opinion

Lukaku is out - bit like us having Zahore out but they can call on Rashford etc whereas we can call up Madine<doh>

6. Hilts24

Hilts24 Well-Known Member

Man U even with the useless one in charge have top players who can do damage. They should win. Tactically Ole is going to go all out. We should have pace out wide to counter. They have a slow defence and slow static midfield. Someone has to be on Matic immediately. We must select a mobile midfield.

Id go attacking as well.

Etheridge
    Bruno Morrison Sol Bennett
    NML Camarasa Arter Murphy
    Reid
    Pato

DaiJones likes this.
  7. Oldsparkey

Forum Moderator

I like that Hilts - maybe too radical an attacking lineup for Warnock, but I'd be happy with that. <ok>

8. ccfcremotesupport

ccfcremotesupport Well-Known Member

Is ole picking our team as well?:emoticon-0104-surpr

Think I'd start with gunnar in front of the back 4 instead of playing Reid with camarasa pushed into a more forward role with the view of bringing Reid off the bench.

9. Oldsparkey

Forum Moderator

Could be overstating the Ole effect on the Man U setup. There're probably some players who might feel relief at the "Mourinho out/Ole in" scenario, but they're still the same players that have seriously underperformed so far this season.

I watched at the CCS the last time we played them under SAF - and Ole is no SAF. I think we drew 2-2 and could have won it. Super goal by Fraizer from a pinpoint pass from Mutch. In fact, Rooney was very lucky to stay on the pitch after he got away with cynically chopping down Mutch because he had the cheek to beat him to the ball and go past him. In fact, the challenge was no different to Ralls' red card effort earlier this season on that Spurs bloke that got him a 3 match ban.

I can see Ole pushing them forward more but that could well leave a door open at the back - let's hope Neil can set the side up to exploit that. I think we can beat them with a fair crack of the whip. I'm not taking Warnock's stance against the standard of refs we get, but we need a man in the middle without a "big club sympathy implant" that seems to be all too prevelent at this level.

DaiJones likes this.
  10. ninian opinion

That game was between 2 massively different teams. In particular the City team.

City had a decent striker. City had a more than decent holding midfielder. City had a decent attacking midfielder. City had a decent creative midfielder. City had a decent box of tricks player. City had a decent right back.

Now IMO only Camarassa and Bamba would get into that City team.

Man U were poor that night with only a fluky Rooney goal and another streaky effort to save them but if you recall a Giggs cameo nearby stole it for them.

Tomorrow will be so so different. A much weaker City team versus a much better squad of players but anythings possible.

I’d take a point now

11. Oldsparkey

Forum Moderator

You can't be serious Nin about the standard of that side being so much better than the present squad. A back four of KTC, Ben Turner, Caulker and Andrew Taylor - only Caulker might scrape into our present lineup. Andrew Taylor was so slow - Bennett is far far better.

I always liked Fraizer Campbell (especially after that Man City game :emoticon-0105-wink:) but as for the rest of those used that day, except for the excellent Medel and maybe Whitts in his prime, I doubt Warnock would have much scope. Odemwingie, Cowie, Noone and even Cornelius <doh> - FFS, we've got better than that now, though I will agree, still not good enough up front by a long chalk.

United had De Gea in goal with Smalling, Ferdinand, Evans and Evra in front of him - that was far better than their present back 4 and we can exploit that with the right setup and tactics. Their midfield hasn't performed properly this season and Gunnar, Arter and Camarasa could do well. All conjecture I know, but I can't wait for this one. <ok>

12. DaiJones

Must agree with Sparks, the united back 4 could be their downfall.

13. Oldsparkey

Forum Moderator

Dai - I'm going to blame you pal - I've just laid this suggested bet of yours!!!! <doh>........<laugh>

So that's 70 quid done then - that's a lot for me these days.

Just going to have a look at the starting 11 when it comes up to pick a couple of scorers - we must be due a couple at least today.

14. DaiJones

<yikes>

15. Oldsparkey

Forum Moderator

Seen team. Going for at least one goal from midfield. £8 each on Cam @ 11/2, Gunnar & Arter both @12/1.

16. taffthefish

taffthefish Well-Known Member

Marshall & Pogba to start, what does OGS know that Mourhinio doesn’t? ...

17. Hilts24

A complete embarassment of a display.

Oldsparkey likes this.
  18. Oldsparkey

Forum Moderator

Totally agree. Didn't have the will to post on here last night - that was such an embarassing performance.

We all said we never expected to take points off the top 6 clubs this season but the gulf in standards was laid out bare. In terms of touch, skill, class and pace, they left us for dead.

In all honesty a couple of decent imports in January isn't going to make any difference against these sort of sides, the best we can hope for is to keep 3 teams below us in the table. That's not impossible but much more of that stuff and we'll be voting for the Championship for some relief - that was terrible.

19. Hilts24

The midfield 3 just stood of them and allowed them time and space. Didnt track runners and Gunner had zero movement Arter is getting worse by the game. Camarasa is the only 1 of the 3 to be able to trap pass and move. Defence was shocking and Hoillet had a mare.

I really dont know what they do on the training pitch.

Only positive. Zahore played well. MUST start.

Zahore Peltier Ralls Reid NML should all be kicking the managers door down and demanding a starting place after watching that display.

For me I see 0 points from the next 3.

Far more important than any signing has to be a coach who can help out. These are PL footballers who cannot keep hold of a football and make even easy passes.

Id make Bellamy 1st team coach.

20. ninian opinion

It was horrible to watch. Man U were so much better. Pace, movement, closing down, passing, strength and skill of a different quality.

Saying that did anyone really expect City to be able to compete against a team let’s not forget are still in the Champions league?

Which makes it even more maddening we failed to beat Huddersfield & Burnley. That and the abject failure to buy Premier League quality pre season are what is going to sink us. The January window is unlikely to make much difference.

One of 4 teams left in the relegation fight (unless Brighton can be brought into it as I can see Southampton pulling away) is going to survive with the lowest points tally ever.

At least we haven’t got to play them again at home but expect more of the same versus Spurs next week (and v Liverpool
    and Chelsea, if not Watford, Everton, Bournemouth etc)