1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer Rumours Summer Recruitment Thread

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by Jack TheLad, May 28, 2019.

1. cumbrianmackem

cumbrianmackem Well-Known Member

According to his Wiki page Leicester and Sheffield Utd are showing an interest also.
    Young lad.....Division One or Premier League.....now which one should I go for. mmmmm

Dorset likes this.
  2. haslam

haslam Well-Known Member

I've not listened to the podcast with Donald/ Methven (is it worth it?), does it go into any detail at all about finances? Last year the parachute payments were £34m but this coming year they'll be more like £15m. There's no more after this year... The two of them always seem very upbeat about finances so I'm choosing to just believe them but it'll be interesting to see what level of player can be brought in. A lot of 'gambles' being discussed so far rather than, what you would hope, going out and getting 3-4 key players from League One teams last season to add proven quality at this level and weaken opponents in the process.

3. Saf

Saf Not606 Godfather+NOT606 Poster of the year 2023

I played against him last week. He's not expecting to make progress to our first team any time soon. I get the feeling he's not too keen on JR. Tidy footballer but didn't like being harried.

4. Dorset

Dorset Well-Known Member

Who are you referring to SS?

Saf likes this.
  5. Saf

Mumba'

I'm playing against him at 'their' ground, next week.

That's my team mate with him, not me.

please log in to view this image

Dorset likes this.
  6. Dorset

Dorset Well-Known Member

Ah, I see. So you don't rate him then, or am I mistaken?

7. Saf

He's a cracking player when he's got time. He looked a class above. A few of us on our team are in our 30's and have played at a decent standard. When we harried him and never give him time he struggled to get his head up and play the right ball he seemed flustered under pressure which opened my eyes to why he probably isn't ready yet.

Nads and Dorset like this.
  8. Dorset

Dorset Well-Known Member

Thanks mate. It's rare that we get first hand information about a players attributes. :emoticon-0148-yes: Guess Mumba still has some growing up to do. The lad definitely has the talent, but we'll have to wait and see how he develops I suppose.

Saf and Nads like this.
  9. Vincemac

Vincemac Well-Known Member

Have you met Elliot Embleton
    I know his family
    I feel he might just get a start next season after his spell at Grimsby
    What do you think

Makemstine Roger and Gil T Azell like this.
  10. Saf

And keep shush about him playing. I can't imagine our club and insurers would be pleased with him haha

He's talented for sure. He can ping the ball 50 yards with good pace and height and it barely looks like he's moving his foot. That sort of stuff stood out a mile.

Gil T Azell and Dorset like this.

11. Saf

I used to say hello to him daily when I was coming in with the dog. I lived 4 doors down.

I remember you saying you know the family. The house went up for a sale a few month back, no idea if they're staying around Witton/Sacriston area or what.

I'd like to see him giving a chance. He stood out in league 2 by all accounts and that season playing with the men would have brought him on no end. I think we'll see him emerging as a first team squad player, next season, I agree with you.

Gil T Azell, Dorset and Vincemac like this.
  12. Vincemac

I hope so

Makemstine Roger and Gil T Azell like this.
  13. clockstander

clockstander Well-Known Member

I think/hope that Embleton, Robson, Hume, Mumba, Molyneux and Kimpy will all be given game time next season, from the bench maybe, but that needs a team who can get a 2 or 3 goal lead, something we have not been able to do this season, the pressure is always on defending a single goal advantage. which ties the managers hands as far as developing younger players goes, loan signings for me are the last resort and I hope to see more of our own players progressing here, rather than someone elses.

Bexinio and cumbrianmackem like this.
  14. cumbrianmackem

Couldn't agree more Clockie.
    How many of our loanees were we desperate to keep at the end of the season......none.
    I appreciate the youngsters going out on loan gives them chance to test themselves but I'd definitely give them all a chance next season, we only need one or two Kevin Arnot/Shaun Elliott type successes and we'd be well pleased with that.

clockstander likes this.
  15. clockstander

I will never forget their impact, one of the best moves ever and so brave to put a complete untried midfield in, came right out of the blue, but what a transformation it sparked, until the final day kick in the teeth, just another chapter in our long history of broken dreams. Elliott and Rowell, in particular went on to become great players for the club, as would Arnott if his heart had not been elsewhere. Speaking of which Maja only got his chance due to injury in the first game of last season, the rest is history, but two others played in that game as I remember, Mumba at 17 years of age looked the real deal in that game, as did Molyneux whose direct running led to us winning the game, great header by Gooch from the cross by Oviedo, but I have not forgotten the build up, or the flashes we have seen from Molyneux. I read somewhere, he is not going to be retained, I do hope this is not the case.

16. cumbrianmackem

We've got a history of letting kids go who we should give a chance to.

clockstander likes this.
  17. clockstander

Yes we do and it must be tough to re-build self-esteem as a player when you are kicked back, but chance plays such a huge part in football, just think of Marcus Rashford, about fifth choice at Man U until a series of coincidences put him in, almost by chance.. He could just as easily have been moving on to Darlington (or Sunderland) this close season, if he had not got that one lucky break.

18. Hefty fullback

Hefty fullback Well-Known Member

19. Vincemac

20. Saf