1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer Rumours Summer transfer rumour thread

Discussion in 'The Premier League' started by Saf, May 20, 2019.

1. Saf

Saf Not606 Godfather+NOT606 Poster of the year 2023

Anybody for Bale?

Gareth Bale’s ongoing struggles at Real Madrid have made it “impossible” for him to remain at the club, claims former Blancos president Ramon Calderon.

The Wales international was returned to Zinedine Zidane’s plans for a final day clash with Real Betis on Sunday but was left on the bench despite the Santiago Bernabeu witnessing another forgettable 2-0 defeat.

Zidane stated afterwards that he must act in the best interests of the team after Bale was overlooked for a potential Madrid farewell against Betis.

2. Saf

Plenty of Barca stars had appeared to welcome Griezmann last summer and his decision to stay at Atletico was reportedly seen as a lack of respect.

Griezmann was reportedly offered wages of €17million (£14.8m) by Barca last year.

It has been reported that Manchester United are willing to give him more to convince him to move to Old Trafford instead.

United are expected to have a busy summer with Ole Gunnar Solskjaer likely to complete a squad overhaul.

3. Saf

Man Utd?

Paulo Dybala’s agent says the Juventus striker will leave Turin in the summer transfer window.
    The Argentina international has endured a frustrating season at the Juventus side after Dybala fell down the pecking order following the arrival of Cristiano Ronaldo.

Dybala scored five goals and made four assists in 22 starts and six substitute appearances in the Italian top flight to highlight his diminishing status at Juve.

4. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

Would Dybala want to go to a club without champions league football though ?

He’d also have to share a changing room with Phil Jones. Stuff of nightmares.

5. Saf

Yeah, I think he would. After the season he's had I reckon he'll be happy with guaranteed first team football and Man Utd are still a massive pull even without champions league. He'll probably only think that they'll be without champions league for a season.

6. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

They are a massive club and will always have that pull for players. They are in a hole at the moment though and I personally I think they’ve got a 2-3 year rebuilding project on their hands.

HRH Custard VC likes this.
  7. Saf

Yeah, definitely. They won't be challenging the top 2 for a while. I don't think anybody will tbh. They're only 2 or 3 signings away (and a decent manager) from getting back in the top 4, though. They had a stinker of a season and yet only finished 5 points behind Spurs in 4th.

8. FosseFilberto

FosseFilberto Pizzeria Superiore and some ...
    Forum Moderator

Harry Maguire on both Manchester clubs wish list as press reports that Pep has urged City to hijack United's record £75 million + move for the player ....

Whilst we don't need to sell Harry, we have some very good young centre backs (Benkovic and Soyuncu) so I wouldn't be too disappointed if we were to sell him for anything over £70 mill <cheers>

9. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

Yeah there’s a massive gulf between the top 2 and the rest. I just think utd have made a mistake appointing Ole as permanent manager. They should have waited for Pochettino this summer as he’s made all sorts of noises about wanting out at Spurs.

I think Arsenal will improve. Emery’s has a decent first season and Arsenal fans can see what he’s trying to do, he’s needs another couple of transfer windows though to really begin to assemble the team he wants.

Chelsea look like they will struggle without Hazard and not being able to buy any new players either. And Spurs ? Personally I think they’ve peaked with this team and manager, if they win the CL then that’s a fair reward for what they’ve done, but I think they’ll lose alderwierled, Eriksen and possibly not a few others soon and Levy won’t invest, so poch will seek his fortunes elsewhere.

10. Tel (they/them)

Tel (they/them) Sucky’s Bailiff

That 2-3 years becomes 1-2 years if we attract the right players first time of asking. The problem is Woodward is doing his best to ensure it will be 10-15 years.

11. Tel (they/them)

De Ligt to Barca seems a done deal.

12. FosseFilberto

Forum Moderator

Harry's price just went up another 10% <whistle>

13. Tel (they/them)

Probably. I don’t see why Leicester would accept anything but a stupid offer for him given the teams that are supposedly after him.

14. FosseFilberto

Forum Moderator

Agree .... signed a new 4 year deal last summer so will take really silly money ...

15. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

That’s partly why I think it will be 2-3 years mate. Back when you had people like Peter Kenyon and then David’s Gill at the club you knew that Utd would make solid decisions in the transfer market. Obviously having Fergie and the on pitch success helped, but Utd had a solid backbone supporting him.

Now you’ve got Ed Woodward, the whole direction of the club just seems a bit rudderless. Utd are a massive club so you’ll always be able to trade on the reputation, but if you don’t address the problems then you could do a Liverpool and spend a decade in the wilderness.

16. Tel (they/them)

Looks that way. The bloke is beyond clueless.

The fact is nothing has changed, Woodward appointed managers and they failed under his direction. Ole won’t be any different and whether that’s because he’s a **** manager or not won’t have anything to do with it.

On the flip side, we are still within touching distance of the ****e outside the top 2 teams and that’s what’s keeping him in his office.

17. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

None of the teams from 3rd to 6th his year covered themselves in glory. And as I mentioned I think Chelsea will struggle without Hazard and not being able to replace him. Our progress depends on how much money the board give Emery this summer, because we’ve got deadwood that need replacing, but I’m happy from what I’ve seen of Emery this season that he’ll steadily improve us. I think spurs have peaked, don’t see them pushing on at all.

So for Utd, I still think there’s going to be a couple of teams in that pack next season who will struggle and leave the door open for you to get back into the top 4

18. Lovearsenalcock

Lovearsenalcock Homeboy
    Forum Moderator

So is next season the actual season of our demise?

Predict it every season and youre bound to get it right one season

Personally i can guarantee you all we wont be having a 3rd window without purchases and even though we are the smallest, little ol Spurs out of the 'top 6' we will put at least 2 noses of the old Sky4 out of joint next season like we do every season.

19. FosseFilberto

Forum Moderator

Stop being such a needy fanny ffs

20. Solid_Air 2

Solid_Air 2 Well-Known Member

I would suggest part of your problem is your transfers seem to bare little if any resemblance to building a "team" . Obviously your switching of managers has had a bearing on this scattergun approach to transfers .