1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The Canary Dave

Discussion in 'Watford' started by geitungur akureyrar, Feb 1, 2014.

1. yorkshirehornet

yorkshirehornet Well-Known Member

We have noticed more and more more of such barns.. Seems the farmer got a free barn of he let it be put in place in his land.
    Good luck with the watering.. We are recycling all of our water here

2. oldfrenchhorn

oldfrenchhorn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

My new English neighbour has gone back to England today. He came eight weeks ago for a fortnight, but stayed on and on. He lives in Lincs. and I had the impression that he was putting off as long as possible driving on the roads over there again. He has been replaced by another English couple from Kent who want to come here full time, but are waiting to see how things work out this year. Next door is shut up as he has decided to go on a trip to Italy, and the Dutch have headed south with their caravan. All coming and going. I need to make a trip to England, but have been putting it off. I think I will have to get to grips with the arrangements soon. :emoticon-0101-sadsm

3. yorkshirehornet

4. yorkshirehornet

Hi Dave..
    Hope it went well....

canary-dave likes this.
  5. oldfrenchhorn

Forum Moderator

Morning all. Quite breezy outside, and the temperature is not expected to get so high this afternoon. I have been told, not sure that it is true, that the helicopters flying around are looking for people who have a green lawn.
    I hope that our Canary friend is alright. His trip to the hospital seems to have prevented his cheery good morning. I will put it up for him.
    Have a good day <ok>

6. Cornish Mark

Cornish Mark Well-Known Member

About 15 or 20 years ago my water company did just the same thing, and very kindly sent me an ariel photo of my nice green lawn, together with a note asking me why my lawn was green and everybody else's was brown. They also suggested that I might like to have a water meter installed.

7. canary-dave

canary-dave Well-Known Member

Been home less than an hour, they performed the cystoscopy whilst giving me a blood transfusions at the same time.

Now have to wait two to three weeks for the results.

Weston General tomorrow pm to start the investigation into my blood problems!

8. oldfrenchhorn

Forum Moderator

Really pleased to see you home Dave. I hope that you have a good sleep tonight and they can find out what is causing the blood problems. I am sure you will stay positive! Plenty of good vibes heading your way. <ok>

andytoprankin and canary-dave like this.
  9. yorkshirehornet

All the best..
    All the best...
    Sleep well!

canary-dave likes this.
  10. canary-dave

OK you lovely people, I'm off to bed!

Night all <hug>

Night H <smooch>

11. canary-dave

Good morning all from a warm and dry Weston-super-Mare!

Have a good day <ok>

andytoprankin likes this.
  12. Hornet-Fez

Hornet-Fez Well-Known Member

Good morning al or, as the locals say: bongiorno! Verona...

andytoprankin likes this.
  13. yorkshirehornet

Bonjour mes amis...

14. yorkshirehornet

A lot of wind here for the past couple of days. Temperature dropped etc. All set for return to the UK this weekend... :sad:

15. oldfrenchhorn

Forum Moderator

Morning all. Quite breezy here, but still dry. Rain forecast for Sunday, however we will wait and see if it arrives. Yesterday afternoon Mme came in from the garden and said she could smell burning. I went out to have a look, and from the other end of the village could see clouds of smoke rising, then blowing in our direction. Surely no one would even think about a bonfire in the current conditions. I walked down towards our near empty village pond and realised that the smoke was coming from much further away. It continued for about two hours. I think it may have come from some open agricultural land the other side of the main road into town, but will have a look when I go that way later. There is still the smell of burning around this morning. Enjoy your day wherever you are. <ok>

16. Hope you're ok Dave and that Fez, Yorkie and anyone else on holiday is having fun.

I'm in York as I had an interview for promotion up here today. Some went ok some I'm not do sure about - but like some of our performances this season! Anyway, have to stay up here as have an all day meeting tomorrow here with one of our agencies. Off out for food and may sneak a cheeky beer in. Have a nice evening everyone.

17. canary-dave

OK you lovely people, I'm off to bed!

Night all <hug>

Night H <smooch>

18. oldfrenchhorn

Forum Moderator

Hope that the job is yours if you really want it. <ok>
    I am reminded of someone who I went to primary school with, in fact I have a photograph with the two of us at six years old taken in the school playground. He went on to join the diplomatic service, and the last time I saw him he was on leave from a posting in Jakarta. He had been back in the UK for a month and really hadn't reintegrated into England. He had another month before he went back and couldn't wait. I still see his sister from time to time, so do keep up with what he is doing, but having retired he now lives as a recluse in Cornwall. It is a shame as I am lucky to have many friends from so far back in time, but despite trying to make contact he wants to keep himself apart from everyone. Even his sister has trouble holding a telephone conversation with him of more that a couple of minutes. Not sure if that is result of working for the government. :emoticon-0105-wink:

Deleted....... likes this.
  19. That illustrates why I would never work for the foreign office - can well well believe people end up like that!
    I am the opposite - just crave normal conversation with people that are like me after a day in the office :)
    I do really want the job but there'll be others if I wasn't successful. It felt great to just get to the interview stage.
    York is wonderful - could easily move up here.

20. superhorns

superhorns Well-Known Member

Good luck.

oldfrenchhorn and Deleted....... like this.