1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic The Politics Thread

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by Stroller, Jun 25, 2015.

?

Should the UK remain a part of the EU or leave?

Poll closed Jun 24, 2016.
  1. Stay in

56 vote(s)
    47.9%
  2. Get out

61 vote(s)
    52.1%
  1. ELLERS

ELLERS Well-Known Member

That's something we can say to the 'Remoanesr' though....We are still making deals with the EU. :1980_boogie_down:

2. seagullhoop

seagullhoop Well-Known Member

I'll support the country moving forward... not backwards though.

3. seagullhoop

Clearly. But leaving will hit the poorest areas the hardest... anyone who believes that the EU money currently ploughed into the most disadvantaged areas will be matched by the government is drinking a very special Kool Aid.

Lawrence Jacoby likes this.
  4. ELLERS

ELLERS Well-Known Member

Those are the sorts of comments I expect from the 'Remoaners' that want Brexit to fail so they can say "I told you so'. However, they are also the ones that go very quiet when good news is announced or the project fear stuff is quashed. Now a deal has been struck it seems the usual suspects are using project fear against the poor. Disgusting behavior. I agree this country is divided...The ones who want to move forward and get on with things and the bitter and twisted who cannot accept a result.
    Now Brexit is over I want to move forward and look at other threads like the conspiracy one.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2018
  5. seagullhoop

You mean all those red-line concessions right? No involvement in decision making, uncertainty for UK business, concessions on immigration & fisheries, no change to EU citizens rights during the transition and still no Irish border agreement.

Yep... I'm not surprised you want to move on and pretend it's all sorted. Enjoy your conspiracy theories.

Willhoops, QPR Oslo and Stroller like this.
  6. ELLERS

ELLERS Well-Known Member

<laugh> bless,

7. Lawrence Jacoby

Lawrence Jacoby Well-Known Member

Brexit will benefit big business first as most have adjusted already

Of course it will benefit the rich next

If anyone trusts the U.K. government will actually match the EU funding then they are not correct

The tax payer and the poor will be hit first

8. Stroller

Stroller Well-Known Member

'Brexit is over' <laugh>

The only reason that the recent 'agreement' was reached is that May accepted the EU fall-back position on Northern Ireland that she had previously said 'no British Prime Minister could ever agree to'.

Lawrence Jacoby and QPR Oslo like this.
  9. ELLERS

ELLERS Well-Known Member

Maybe you could join Blair and Major and try and derail the will of the people. it's over, move on and start supporting the decision instead of moaning at every opportunity.

10. QPR Oslo

QPR Oslo Well-Known Member

"Now Brexit is over" ? It would be wonderful if it were! Unfortunately it's not even happened yet. But it has already wasted a huge amount of effort, time, and funds that could have been used on something worthwhile, and caused a huge division in the Country.

West London Willy likes this.

11. ELLERS

ELLERS Well-Known Member

There was already a huge division in the country and the Brexit vote just highlighted the extent of that division.
    You talk waste, well think of all the funds wasted by being in it? Ask many of the young unemployed Europeans what they think? Oh yes, they did in Italy, didn't they? I guess the young there must all be thick racist white van drivers?
    As for Brexit? it's over. We voted and the result was leave. We have signed the document to leave and we will. Agree there will be some discussions but that's business. However, Unemployment's good the pound getting stronger, manufacturing,inflation, blah blah blah. I just smile when I think back to what they said would happen :emoticon-0102-bigsm

12. kiwiqpr

kiwiqpr Barnsie Mod

Parliament to hold one minutes silence in memory of the 5 people killed by Islamic terrorist Khalid Masood (b. Adrian Ajao) one year ago today. Meanwhile, 8 people have been murdered this week in London alone.

Uber_Hoop likes this.
  13. Stroller

Stroller Well-Known Member

More BBC anti-Brexit bias.

UKIP's Neil Hamilton has written to the BBC to complain that a bunch of 9 year-olds interviewed for the World At One were all anti-Brexit and gave 'childish answers'.

They should have had Ellers on for balance.

14. Lawrence Jacoby

They like you didn’t know what you were voting for ... a dream at most
    1600 posts later you are still blaming the EU for everything
    I would expect most people in this country would agree that it’s been a shambles by the U.K. with both sides not happy
    What exactly do you want

Europe will just get stronger and more appealing The U.K. forever divided and culturally lost ... a money grabbing shop even the best beauty spots in the U.K. most you have to pay to park ... the landmarks of most towns are supermarkets and the past time is watching sky tv , social media or playing stupid computer games

The pub is just about dead and on average personal debt is what 14k ?

Rock on

Willhoops likes this.
  15. Lawrence Jacoby

The kids are right

That generation faces **** because of our generations. I want my boys to freely travel and hoover up European at their pace not do a 10 day Thomas cook **** over . Of course that will still happen but if it suddenly costs a visa or a limited stay then I want all Brexiteers to show themselves
    They should all have a big red X tattooed on their heads ... ship the lot of them off to Essex and Kent

The old crab generation who were brainwashed by the Churchill years that rolled into the 60s want to get some bloody learning in them

16. Staines R's

Staines R's Well-Known Member

Just had my mate on the phone moaning that his plans to travel to Paris today have been disrupted due to a strike by public sector workers and their opposition to Labour reforms.....gosh, I thought it was a utopia of joy over there.
    Seems not

Uber_Hoop and ELLERS like this.
  17. Lawrence Jacoby

52/48 was the result
    I respect that the Brexiteers won

But to use the statement will of the people is beyond stupid

The Brexiteers won a vote and that vote decides the outcome of a decision far enough ... but look what they voted for and what it seems they will get ?

Looking forward to Ireland in June for fishing tournaments I will love to see how many of my northern fishing mates have lost faith

18. ELLERS

ELLERS Well-Known Member

Ha ha poor old Vince Cable turns up at EU HQ for a big announcement saying that 'EU leaders back Lib Dem call for public vote on Brexit deal' (8 EU leaders). They have a meeting before and won't commit leaving poor old Vince standing all alone. <laugh> Muppet.

Uber_Hoop likes this.
  19. ELLERS

ELLERS Well-Known Member

Sadly they couldn't have you and your lefty views though could they? There are as outdated as Comedy Corbyn.

20. Uber_Hoop

Uber_Hoop Well-Known Member

There’s a cult building up around so-called terrorist atrocities, when they’re committed by drug-fuelled losers and dropouts. We shouldn’t be giving these things the sacredness they are accorded, undoubtedly sad though they were, especially for the victims and those impacted.