1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer Rumours Transfer & Rumour Mill.

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by wizered, May 2, 2018.

1. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

2. Red Robin

Red Robin Well-Known Member

3. bcfcredandwhite

bcfcredandwhite Well-Known Member

.... and good luck to him. I’d be happy with £10m. There is no guarantee he hasn’t been a ‘one season wonder’.

4. Red Robin

Exactly take the money and run,someone just said on Facebook if he had not come good in his new role,he would not have got game time.

5. Red Robin

Double posr

6. Oldsparkey

Oldsparkey Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

You need a moderator to delete it RR - where are they when you really want them....<laugh>

7. Redprintt

Redprintt Well-Known Member

LJ was forced to play Reid and Pato up top, he admitted it in a press conference before the last 2 games because of injury to first choice strikers.
    LJ, since the big strikers got fit post Christmas, played Reid in a totally different role and we became a Welsh railway station.
    I'd love Reid to stay in the first press role but LJ likes big strikers so Reid will leave for millions (luckily) which I hope LJ won't squander, but his record says otherwise.
    He'll squander the Flint and Bryan money as well.
    LJ will go down in BCFC history as the manager who spent most, by zillions, and stood still.

If we're lucky !

Angelicnumber16 likes this.
  8. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

9. BCFCRob

BCFCRob Well-Known Member

I must admit this transfer business is quite exciting. We're saying we're aiming for young players who's value will increase, and either improve our team or make us money in the future (or both). I definitely think this is working, and some of the rumours certainly fit that criteria.

I'd be very happy with Dean Henderson, Sam McQueen and Jack Marriott I must admit. I still think we could do with an out-and-out centre midfielder though, a proper wise head who has decent experience.

10. NickH

NickH Well-Known Member

I won't be excited until there are signatures on paper. We've been strongly linked to great players who went on to better things (I'm thinking Andre Gray and Alfie Mawson amongst others), but ultimately they didn't come to us, obviously.

There's a need for patience, but I'm nervous of the potential for all our top targets slipping through our fingers and us resorting to plan Cs and Ds at the last minute.

11. Red Robin

Think you are spot on,clearly struggling to get the players they want,the better players are going and we are back to square one after all the promises made.

We don't have a chance when clubs are paying two/three times more than we do.

12. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

League(s) ..............Opens...... Closes
    Premier League/EFL..May 17....... August 9...

So we have had 28 days and nothing has officialy happened, it's going to get exciting with a 1/3rd of the widow gone, time passes quick.

13. NickH

NickH Well-Known Member

That's the problem with getting in the already established stars - we've done alright at getting some players in who are on their way up, but there will be a point where you need to get players in for the here and now, but also without disrupting the team harmony. There's no single right answer in identifying transfer targets, but I wouldn't mind a single high-profile marquee signing (such as Vydra) if they were a risk worth taking...

14. Red Robin

The clock is ticking and desperation will set in.Not looking to clever at present in my opinion.

15. NickH

NickH Well-Known Member

To be fair, not many other clubs have confirmed much either. I'm sure we'll hear more over the next couple of weeks.

16. Supcon72

Supcon72 Well-Known Member

Being a World Cup year clubs are keeping their powder dry until the end of July. The shake up at the Prem clubs after a big tournament is what frees up players for clubs in our league, it will all be a little rushed post mid-July this year.

17. BCFCRob

BCFCRob Well-Known Member

Yep exactly, absolutely nothing to worry about just yet in terms of timing. We're so early in the transfer window it's ridiculous, most stuff doesn't really ramp up until early July anyway.

18. NickH

NickH Well-Known Member

I thought this, though at the same time, the transfer window for EFL closes before the end of the first league match on the 9th of August this year...

19. Red Robin

West Brom in "advanced negotiations" for Bristol City star Bobby Reid - reports

Bristol City are in "advanced negotiations" with West Brom for star striker Bobby Reid according to reports.

Bristol Live understand Reid is a 'serious' long term target for West Brom who were relegated out of the Premier League last season.

That means the Robins either need their Bristol-born star man to sign a new deal, or sell him - otherwise they risk losing him for free next summer.

Mirror Sport reports Reid looks set to be Baggies manager Darren Moore’s first signing, with a deal potentially completed by the end of the week.

They report the two clubs are close to finalising a fee.

20. NickH

NickH Well-Known Member

It'd be a step up for him, but not that much... Considering the risk of it not working out and him being consigned to the subs bench, maybe he'd be best served waiting to see if Bournemouth/another Premiership team come in for him? I suppose there's the dilemma of an offer possibly doubling his wages already on the table verses waiting for an offer that might not come along at all.