1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Ukraine

Discussion in 'Watford' started by andytoprankin, Mar 12, 2022.

1. Toby

Toby GC's Life Coach

It's from Russian state TV. I can give you hundreds more if you want. Or intercepted calls.

You trusted some random stats from a US thinktank to try to counter my point about Ukraine not selling heavy weapons on the black market (which they don't). Why is that more reliable?

2. Toby

Toby GC's Life Coach

3. yorkshirehornet

yorkshirehornet Well-Known Member

A bit of light relief.....
    317447803_10159340736437914_5wiill157924272703013848_n.jpg
    A psychologist would say... So Putin has penis envy... and that is why he is undertaking this 'special operation'

4. Bolton's Boots

Bolton's Boots Well-Known Member

Confirms what many think - that the French and the Austrians are just big p***ks. ;)

yorkshirehornet likes this.
  5. andytoprankin

andytoprankin Well-Known Member

According to the graphic, the darker areas are labelled as ‘LEGEND’. ;)

6. Toby

Toby GC's Life Coach

7. Toby

Toby GC's Life Coach

8. yorkshirehornet

Terrible...................

9. yorkshirehornet

Apparently a lot of Serbian pro Putin chanting and flag waving at the Oz open...

.....and this:

upload_2023-1-26_8-54-31.png

10. Hornet-Fez

Hornet-Fez Well-Known Member

I'll be a bit happier when the tanks and sufficient munitions are on the front line so that the Ukrainians can really set about getting their country back.

As to djokovic: it seems par for the course that the antivaxxers are also far right wingnuts and putin supporters.

duggie2000 likes this.

11. duggie2000

duggie2000 Well-Known Member

The Serbians were the bad guys during the break up of the old Yugoslavia and committed the genocide against the muslim minority

You can admire Dorkovich as a player but is very difficult to like him as a person unlike the Croatian (cant remember his name) who beat Tim Henman at Wimbledon

12. Bolton's Boots

Bolton's Boots Well-Known Member

The Croatians were just as bad really - their Ustaše (right wing revolutionary movement) militia were responsible for the genocide of Serbs. Supposedly broken up decades ago, they were found to have 'secret training camps' in the 70s in both Central and Far North Queensland - and were guilty of bomb attacks on Serbs in Sydney and Melbourne around that time. They even formed their own football team - Melbourne Croatia, who were one of the most successful in Australia, but not so much now. They were part of the reason football authorities there banned ethnic club names - and had to change their name (to Melbourne Knights).

13. colognehornet

colognehornet Well-Known Member

Good to keep a balance here BB ! The Ustase Nazi puppet regime had the third largest concentration camp in Europe during World War 2 - the victims being primarily Serbs but also Jews and Roma - some escaped the country via help from the italian army (who weren't indoctrinated with this racial idiocy. In the Balkans people have long memories and the recognition of the unilateral independence declarations of Slovenia and Croatia by, amongst others, Germany went down in Belgrade like a red rag to a bull.

14. Hornet-Fez

Hornet-Fez Well-Known Member

I have a very good friend of mine who served in the former Yugoslavia. The stories he told of things he'd witnessed including neighbouring Serb and Croat famers killing each other over a gate in a fence... with a hand grenade. Nobody emerged from that conflict with any credit, imho, though the lines were more blurred perhaps?
    I don't think, in terms of borders, the same can be said for Ukraine and Russia. There is a clear antagonist and he's already murdered people here.

duggie2000 likes this.
  15. Toby

Toby GC's Life Coach

It seems like the western leaders have finally grown a pair and started to realise they're at threat if Russia continues their advance through Ukraine. Hopefully the war can end this year, with the Russian army destroyed and the breakup of that horrible country can start.

They've caused a massive increase in weapon production now, which is wasted ressources at a time the world could do with focusing on more important problems like climate change. I really hope the pathetic tankies that continue to cheer them on whilst attacking Ukraine will one day realise how misguided they've been, but I guess it's probably a waste of time trying to make them see sense. Russian propaganda is so widespread it's going to take decades to clear it all out. Like claiming Kyiv pretended to have air raid sirens going off whilst EU leaders were visiting for example...

16. yorkshirehornet

It never ceases to amaze me to see how in this day and age so many leaders LIE...and people believe it.

I also dont think anyone can fully grasp the immensity of the situation unless they or their family have been affected or they have truly witnessed the death and inhumanity. Otherwise it is just ...words.....

Sadly we have witnessed the attempts of NATO not to provide the armoury of weaponry which if in place in the first place would have halted Russia at the very least.. Putin clearly sees this as playing into his hands....

Toby likes this.
  17. Toby

Toby GC's Life Coach

please log in to view this image

18. Toby

Toby GC's Life Coach

Putin is sending waves of mobilised troops against Ukrainian defences to ensure their defensive positions are identified, with more experienced soldiers behind them to lead the next phase of attack or pinpoint artillery strikes against them. They're losing close to 1k troops a day to do this. Idiots claiming he's trying to protect 'ethnic Russians' have no ****ing clue. They've flattened cities, raped and murdered 'ethnic Russians' and will continue to do so until Ukraine is just rubble. How anyone can blame NATO just baffles me.

Mariupol was a mainly Russian-speaking city, same as Lysychansk, Severodonetsk and other places they've wiped off the map. Kherson that apparently voted to be part of Russia is now being hit with thermite munitions, but they're trying to save 'ethnic Russians' apparently.

19. yorkshirehornet

Yes...madness

20. Toby

Toby GC's Life Coach