1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

10 points clear!!!!

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by Mind the gap!, Mar 3, 2015.

1. Mind the gap!

Mind the gap! Well-Known Member

10 points clear of 2nd place
    11 points clear of 1st place

Can't see us losing it now! Only PNE can realistically come above us!

2. cidered abroad

cidered abroad Well-Known Member

Hey Mind The Gap, do you realise it is not a gap any more.

More like the Avon Gorge.
    If we continue in this vein, it could get to Grand Canyon proportions.

3. OTIB

OTIB Well-Known Member

Mk play Preston on Saturday too
    if we win the gap to third will increase

4. smhbcfc

smhbcfc Well-Known Member

Another great performance away from home - 2 more games and can start the countdown

5. bcfcredandwhite

bcfcredandwhite Well-Known Member

Fantastic set of results.

6. Mind the gap!

Mind the gap! Well-Known Member

Lol I might have to change my psyuedom ciderred abroad :emoticon-0140-rofl:

7. Supcon72

Supcon72 Well-Known Member

A defining moment in this seasons battle for me, I don't think there is a person out there who would have thought there would not be a single home win from any of the MK Dons, Preston and Swindle games. A real statement tonight and they can now play the next couple of games free from pressure and express themselves and really ram home that advantage.

I hadn't noticed how tight it was from 6th place all the way down to 17th, it literally is 2 wins from worrying about relegation to dreaming of play offs, very odd, so don't discount a late runner for a play off place, not that we have to worry about that, now more than at any point this season, I am convinced we will win this League, we are quite simply better and more consistent than any other team.

8. glenngregory

glenngregory Active Member

we didn't play well today, but broke up their play well and Fielding made some world class saves. We could also have had a bad result, but we didn't. We won. and that is why we will be Champions, sooner rather than later.

9. Shinycitylad7

Shinycitylad7 Looking at the stars mate

I'd rather we go out there every game thinking, we have to win this to win the league! It's 10 points at the moment but why stop there! Let's go for 13 on Saturday, 16 against Yeovil! This league is ours for the taking now. It's almost impossible to balls this title up, and march really couldn't be any kinder to us fixture wise. Have to take advantage now as the real work starts in April!

Last edited: Mar 4, 2015
  10. Angelicnumber16

Angelicnumber16 Well-Known Member

Great result for us and couldn't have wished for much better elsewhere either

Up The City !!

11. RedorDead

RedorDead Well-Known Member

Uh oh your tempting stato to come back anf hit you some March stats <laugh>

Caldicot Cider Red likes this.
  12. Caldicot Cider Red

Caldicot Cider Red Well-Known Member

Shiny......this IS Bristol City we are talking about here...we can balls it up yet mate! Its ours to give away now though, we are most definately in the driving seat and pulling away nicely from the rest. So sad to see Swindle dropping off, such a nice area and a lovely club,run by lovely people with a fantastic history. Great fans and a real example of how to run a football club....HA F''CKIN HA YOU INBRED SIX FINGERED TW@TS

13. LARED

LARED Member

All the old moaners like me have to give credit where credit's due. We have witnessed some crap performances at home recently but when we predict an imminent implosion, the lads pull another rabbit out of the hat. We must now be nailed on certainties for promotion. All I ask for is a bit more flowing football at home. Having said that you can never argue with the old adage that football is a results business and it has to be said SC is delivering. Well done team

14. cidered abroad

cidered abroad Well-Known Member

It would be good to see us play with abandon. Flowing neat passing, screamers from 30 yards into top corners and so on.
    But don't forget that the rest if the league, is embroiled in one helluva scrap to avoid relegation and/or get a play off spot. So they won't allow us to showboat.

15. gdknac

gdknac Well-Known Member

Yes, will only feel comfortable when its mathematical-

That said, I worked out last night that 95 points is enough to guarantee 2nd place- We can do that with 7 wins, a draw and as many as 4 defeats. 103 needed to be champions. Bottom 3 cannot overtake us.

16. invermeremike

invermeremike Well-Known Member

I like the attitude shiny and I think our boys have been getting that same message from SC and on a previous posting I said that every time we are 2 losses above our rivals in the points dept we are on the right path.

This morning we are 11 points ahead of the top play-off spot which is why we should start every game with the intention of staying there after the 90 mins are up.

17. glenngregory

glenngregory Active Member

We started yesterday trying to be a little too flash, we got caught dribbling it out of our own final third and got punished by a two-touch goal. Luckily were were against a team that can't defend. If it had been against a better team we could have been struggling to get back into the game. I for one was very happy to see Route 1 taken from then onwards when the ball was pumped into our Centre-backs.

18. Bigjohnatyeo

Bigjohnatyeo Well-Known Member

I have said it since day one...Bristol City will be League 1 Champions...no probs, I have waited 56 years to see us win a Championship & my wait will be over at long last.

P.S. One moan, why cant we score more than 3 in a League game(notts county only time)...LOL!!!

19. smhbcfc

smhbcfc Well-Known Member

Jeff Stelling said last night "surely they are etching their name on the trophy"

In all my years I have never been prouder of a team wearing the Bristol City shirt - not only winning, but the way they play and the way they conduct themselves. For once the phrase "Role Models" is applicable.

Now - just please keep winning!!

20. bcfcredandwhite

bcfcredandwhite Well-Known Member

I actually hope they come up with us - that way I get to walk to a game next season