1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

6 Nations 2013

Discussion in 'International Rugby Union' started by swimaway, Feb 2, 2013.

1. swimaway

swimaway Well-Known Member

Day 1 in the 6 nations house, and what a day.

Sam is left scratching his head after gifting Jamie a lead that would surely befit one of the Queens corgis. BOD excelled and the Welsh pack looked bereft of ideas.Despite a spirited comeback, was it Ireland losing concentration or can my Cymru build on the 2nd half.

Meanwhile, in the cabbage patch, Twelvetrees came out smelling of red roses amongst some sharp thistles who are threatening to bloom at some point soon.

Who knows what will happen next, but I just love this tournament. Who is going to make it to the live Lions games?

Join us next week for possible live evictions if my Cymru implode against the French.

Your floor.....

2. Deleted 1

Deleted 1 Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I donlt know what's happening with Wales at the minute. Last week they just got blitzed in the first half but came back extremely strongly in the second half only to be fioiled by an incredible defensive display. They certainly don't play like a team who are on an 8 game losing streak. I think a lot of today will come down to who can keep their bottle. Hopefully that will be wales but it's not the type of game you'd be betting on.....

Ireland v England is another one which is very close to call but I think Ireland will have a bit too much craft and nous for us tomorrow. And if they start like they did last Saturday and we let them play the game will be over by half time

3. Deleted 1

Forum Moderator

Well done wales <applause>.

4. RebelBhoy

RebelBhoy Moderator
    Staff Member

I know there were hundreds of Scotland tickets given away today.

I know Italy are not a massive draw, but that is still surprising to me.

5. stopmeandslapme

stopmeandslapme Well-Known Member

That was horribly tense.

6. Deleted 1

Forum Moderator

Horrible full stop. Not the greatest game but given the conditons and what was at stake it was hardly surprising.

7. RebelBhoy

RebelBhoy Moderator
    Staff Member

Losing Zebo and Sexton didn't help.
    England were better at taking the ball into contact and keeping the ball in hand. Neither side looked like they had a bunch of tries in them. I suspect the 2nd half of last weeks game zapped us quite badly.

I recorded it to watch after the GAA and managed to avoid the score. I'm glad I did even if the result was disappointing.

8. stopmeandslapme

We need to get rid of that Polynesian geezer, he bungled two try chances.

9. charlienicholasismydad

charlienicholasismydad Active Member

Playing for the tiggers tomorrow to hopefully get som match fitness. Like him or not he has that presence to draw in an extra defender which frees up space elsewhere.

10. swanseaandproud

swanseaandproud Well-Known Member

what has happened to the french,,,they are dire this year.....england have not been that impressive and struggled today against italy...This sets up a good final with wales v england for the title of champions and a possible grand slam for england......cant wait and predict a welsh victory at the millenium stadium....

11. stopmeandslapme

William Hill were offering Italy with a 25 point start in the handicapped betting, there's no way England were going to go that rampant so I had some of that action. Should be a gripping decider.

12. SaintsForTheWin

SaintsForTheWin Any holes a goal

England were terrible and lancasters poor team choices are coming back to haunt him. We miss having a true no.8 and brown on the wing is just not his position. Bring back foden!

Dont get me started on flood.

13. swimaway

swimaway Well-Known Member

Games 5 in the Six Nations House

All down to the final game. This seemed nigh on an impossibility after the first game against Ireland. Wales need to win by seven or more to wrestle the Championship from England's grasp (cannot see England losing by 7 but scoring 3 more tries than Wales). Wales at home and some say home advantage is worth about the 7 points required.
    Anything less than a grandslam will be deemed a failure for England. Wales have been there before and will be happy to spoil the party, but if the England who beat the Kiwi's turn up, who knows?
    I'm going for a narrow Welsh win but by not enough to win the Championship outright.

Who wins? 30 players this weekend will decide.

14. stopmeandslapme

Wales thrashed England, well done, great tries.

15. swanseaandproud

swanseaandproud Well-Known Member

bloody unexpectedly easy in the end....wales back to back champions.....

16. Dorty Dogbreath

Dorty Dogbreath keeper of the glow

Yes, it all came together for Wales in that second half when they were outstanding. A very bad day at the office for England, not a lot went right for us but well done to Wales.