1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic 99 days till the general election

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by C19RK73, Jan 28, 2015.

?

Voting

Poll closed May 7, 2015.
  1. Conservatives

11 vote(s)
    30.6%
  2. Labour

9 vote(s)
    25.0%
  3. Lib dems

1 vote(s)
    2.8%
  4. Ukip

5 vote(s)
    13.9%
  5. None of the above

10 vote(s)
    27.8%
  1. marcusblackcat

marcusblackcat SAFC Sheriff
    Forum Moderator

Sorry I didn;t stress the "income tax" bit! :p

Dispicable_Tel likes this.
  2. Lostinvegas

Lostinvegas Well-Known Member

Its quite simple we can blame the rich as much as we want but 1% of the richest people pay 24% of the tax in this country.

If we tax them more they will just leave and go to somewhere like Monaco or Jersey.

3. Lostinvegas

An interesting theory would be to increase VAT on Luxury items made abroad and scrap the 40% tax rate. That way people with money pay more tax if they have a flamboyant lifestyle.

All this talk of tax avoidance is bollox anyway, How many people bend the law who are not millionaires. A bit of cash in hand work, Watching football on illegal streams, downloading music and games for free. Everyone does something that's not strictly legal, The thing with the tax loopholes is most of the time they are doing nothing illegal, so the only issue is a moral one.

Its quite simple:
    If your a public sector worker or out of work you should vote Labour
    If you work in the private sector you should vote Conservative

Lots of reasons for the above but that's the long and short of it.

Dispicable_Tel likes this.
  4. malagamackem

malagamackem Well-Known Member

I don't usually post but do enjoy the comments. I totally agree with Typical Terry - post 14. If you do work your arse off and make a success of things, and take risks, and employ others.....why shouldn't you be able to reap the rewards and potentially have a better lifestyle, Lets give the reverse angle....If someone won the lottery and became rich there would be a lot of people looking for a handout. If someone lost all of their money on the lottery there wouldn't be a queue of people offering to make things good again, Im going Tories this time

Mackem-Tiz and Lostinvegas like this.
  5. malagamackem

malagamackem Well-Known Member

Impossible

6. MrRAWhite

MrRAWhite Well-Known Member

Happens all the time..

7. Cyclops

Cyclops Member

First time I ever voted is when Tony Blair got in charge & I voted labour, brought up on the values that labour where for the working class. Never bothered since, the only pattern I can see is that the rich always end up profiting and they all break the promises that they make to get in power. If whatever party kept up everything that they say to get in power then there would never be an exchange of government because they would have done what the vast majority of people had voted for in the first place, hence every few years it's either labour or tory swapping between each other. Got no time for any of them anymore, game of chess and we are the pawns and the ****ers who profit from it know that. Not much of a democracy when it's the same set of people or someone they are associated with pull all the strings and there is nobody else to realistically vote for.

8. Lostinvegas

I would like to see some examples, the only people I know of who are well off pay a **** load of tax. The ones that did not are either in prison or bankrupt due to having their assets seized. You might get away with it for a while but they will always catch you on the end.

9. Deleted #

Deleted # Well-Known Member

Employees at the top end of a company or small self employed businesses, will claim on everything at the end of the year. They keep receipts for every meal, fuel top up, flights, hotels, clothes, cars and a whole lot more for 'business reasons' and that comes off the tax required to pay.

I don't think they pay less tax than the average, say somebody on 25k, but they do pay a hell of a lot less then what they should.

10. Lostinvegas

Rubbish, they are running a business so claim business expenses. Lots of people get audited, if you claim fraudulently you get into a lot of trouble.

What you also fail to mention is these people also get: No sick pay, no holiday pay, no pension, no guarenteed income, difficulty getting a mortgage, difficulty borrowing money and no security

If its so easy why does everyone not do it? Also its not illegal so again a moral issue not a criminal one.

11. Deleted #

Deleted # Well-Known Member

It's not all business expenses though, spending nights in hotels for Wembley for instance could easily be put down as there on business, for example. There's hundreds of ways around it.

When have I said it is easy to start a business and get it out of the ground? Of course it's not for everybody.

12. Montysoptician

Montysoptician Well-Known Member

Of declared income <ok>

Last edited: Feb 1, 2015
  13. Montysoptician

Because most people are on PAYE <ok>

14. Montysoptician

It is disingenuous to make a sweeping statement blaming Gordon Brown and the Labour Party for the horrors of PFI mate. It was the Tories in 1992 under John Major who introduced PFI.
    When the Labour party took office in 1997 the NHS had been decimated by 11 years of Tory rule to such an extent that drastic measures were necessary to maintain it as a credible service.
    The Health Secretary, Alan Milburn resorted to PFI contracts negotiated from a weak position (desperation) to drag the NHS from the brink. <ok>

15. Billy Death

Billy Death Well-Known Member

Makes no difference who you vote for where I live in North Durham as Liebour will always win it.
    You could clag a Liebour badge on a ****ing chimpanzee & the sad ****ers would vote it in.
    Bunch of ****ing piss flaps.

16. MrRAWhite

MrRAWhite Well-Known Member

Labour is the only viable option for the ordinary working people..

Montysoptician likes this.
  17. Billy Death

Billy Death Well-Known Member

Which is a sad indictment on todays British politics.

18. password invalid

password invalid Well-Known Member

a very strong chance i will stand for district election

19. Montysoptician

You are spot on mate, they do it by setting up Public Service Companies,
    Edit: As Sid quite rightly pointed out it should read Personal Service Companies, I appear to have the Public Sector on my brain having worked in it for the last 33 years <laugh>
    This helpful article even explains how to set a PSC up and how to pay 20% tax, whatever your income <ok>

http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/...orkers-Britain-companies-cut-tax-rate-20.html

Last edited: Feb 1, 2015
    Deleted likes this.
  20. Sidthemackem

Sidthemackem Newcastle United 0-1 Cambridge United
    Staff Member

Don't think it was disingenuous at all, Monty. Milliband is going on about how the NHS is ONLY safe in Labour's hands, when his Chancellor was one of the prime movers of PFI under Brown. Yes the Tories introduced it, but the ability to keep the PFI spend off-balance sheet allowed Brown to spunk ten years of surplus up the wall so there was nothing left when the recession hit. I have no brief for the bunch of chinless twats in power ATM, but the thought of Milliband leading the country with Balls-up as number 2 fills me with dread.

p.s. it's "personal" service companies <ok>