1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

A Bradford fans letter to the powers that be.

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by Gil T Azell, Jan 29, 2015.

1. grandpops

grandpops Well-Known Member

Isn`t it possible that seeing their team on the telly might encourage more to go to the live games? :bandit:

2. password invalid

password invalid Well-Known Member

of course it is pops ,anything to stop the death of our game ,if it encourages anything yes do it

3. Tel (they/them)

Tel (they/them) Sucky’s Bailiff

Off you go again thinking you can speak for others.

4. farnboromackem

farnboromackem Well-Known Member

I wholeheartedly agree but its been like this for far too long

5. Smug in Boots

Smug in Boots Well-Known Member

They will see their team on the telly, guaranteed ......... if it absolutely must be live then there's no hope for them really.

6. grandpops

grandpops Well-Known Member

I suppose not but I was just thinking that seeing their team on the telly might encourage more through the turnstiles. Newbies even.

7. Tel (they/them)

Those of you suggesting that fans of 'bigger clubs' are out of touch with football are absolutely ridiculous. Inferring we are disconnected from the lower echelons of football as a result of sustained success is absolutely pathetic.

If anything the disconnect lay firmly at your feet, suggesting that the modern football fan's gripe with a tv company is valid because said tv company are not showing his team on the television.

Dont ****ing attempt to patronise me by inferring that I think football is all about my club and that I'm part of a group of fans who suffer a similar mind set. If you want to debate lower league football let's do it but make sure your belt's buckled tight cos I'll spot a 'Googler' a ****ing mile off.

8. Commachio

Commachio Rambo 2021

what the **** are you doing up at 3am?

9. Home_and_Away

Home_and_Away Well-Known Member

Same as all of us :emoticon-0159-music:emoticon-0159-music:emoticon-0159-music

10. BrAdY

BrAdY Well-Known Member

how many.. go to bradford week in week out?
    id suspect many have just been to see bradford in the league cup final and a few big cup games..

there's a lot of 'big' club fans that are loyal to their team.. from their area.. that are brought up to support their team..

due to the success. many many many other fans join the bus.. but it's an insult to people to say teams like man united, chelsea and man city don't have loyal fans that have been through it all

i know a fair few man city fans that even let me use their pass in 2005 to go see them play newcastle ( when hull were not playing)

i actually saw one of hulls best players at the time.. ben burgess ( who is now a primary school teacher ) in the concourse.. at the time.. he had a serious leg injury.. but if i remember the cotm. as it was called. was pretty much full..

i know a few manchester united supporters.. born and bred manchester.. and seeing hull in the prem.. whenever i've spoke to away fans v man united.. they all sound local mancs.. success breeds fans.. but the club breeds loyalty

Dispicable_Tel likes this.

11. Nostalgic

Nostalgic Well-Known Member

I doubt if many people are denying anybody's loyalty or right to support the club of their choice but over the years the financial rewards that constantly go to the successful clubs is gained through their sustained success through the higher competitions each season. We all know that Bayern Munich, Real Madrid ManU or PSG gain entry to a lucrative EC through their league position. The only competitions left to the lesser clubs are the FA and league cups and the OP was merely pointing out that what does a little club have to do to get a reward of extra revenue. BBC ITV or BT could maybe have looked a bit closer at what could be a bigger story than a tie between two lowly Prem teams than a battling league one team with some worthy scalps on their belt.

Have been watching football for over 6 decades now and names like Yeovil, Hereford, Colchester,York City and now Bradford can evoke memories of David and Goliath.

farnboromackem likes this.
  12. password invalid

well its like this terry,having played at a decent level of football playing over 400 senior games many against county sides ,a few games for norwich city all stars thrown in ,going on to manage my home town team and being a league secretary for a few years i have no need to patronise anybody about grass roots football.
    The tv thing is a matter of choice by the powers within ,the point some have grasped is how a payday can help in massive way ,in some cases it will provide a life line to ensure survival its self,you take it on a personal level when things are debated dont it isnt about you at all its the senario thats evolved in the sport ,you come on a safc forum and talk football whilst being a man utd fan its refreshing ,the bigger picture is outside the top division for me anyway ,its a mindset and mine differs from yours ,probably some of the older posters will agree more than the younger ones imo,no beef terry keep talking bud.

13. Commachio

Commachio Rambo 2021

I can see both sides to this. I am not really buying into the Barnsley gripe, but i do think it's a lot worse than that.

In general the amount of money every prem team recieves is disgusting, and the whole game needs a re-think.Imo it's not just about this one cup game being on the tele and the revenue it could create.

The poor ****ers in the lower leagues are scrimping and scraping week after week, whilst the teams in the top tier, take all the cream.

14. Tel (they/them)

Bradford have been to the Premier League during the PL era. They've played in cup finals, play-off finals and had several lucrative cup ties just over the last few seasons.

If any club in the lower leagues has had their fair share it's Bradford City.

Or are we saying now that every time a lower league team gets a cup draw of any description we bypass the top teams from the top division and show these games instead? Whilst we are at it, let's **** the EPL games off on super Sunday and get the sky cameras down the local park to watch 22 fat hungover men kick mud at each other.

15. Tel (they/them)

Haha I was hungry mate, woke up starving!

Had to eat.

16. Commachio

Commachio Rambo 2021

Should have just eaten the fur burger, at least you wouldn't get fat.<whistle>

17. Tel (they/them)

That's every walk of life mate, any industry is the same. Those who achieve most get rewarded most.

United by the way, don't need the TV revenue to survive, but teams like yours with respect would fold in a few years without owners support. It would affect you lot much more than 'the bigger teams'.

Who the **** has stolen your login by the way? A reasoned debate from Comm not seen one of them in a while! Have you been partaking in 'Dry January'? <laugh>

18. Tel (they/them)

I'm fed up of that mate.

Had a huge pulled pork wrap and watched Godzilla, **** film.

19. password invalid

Or let the cameras show the prawn sandwich brigade in the corporate boxes watching the live game happening outside on a screen instead ,apart from saying im off its the most valuable thing Keane ever said, was he wrong ?

20. Commachio

Commachio Rambo 2021

Quite the opposite mate. I'm even thinking of gannin out soon, and hoping that Korea smash the aussies. But that could make it a long night, as our game is ****ing ages away.