1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread A Long Way To Go Cumbrians v Chairboys 21st February

Discussion in 'Wycombe' started by Guywanderer, Feb 20, 2015.

1. josewwfc

josewwfc Well-Known Member

huge amount of injury time was due to treatment to Hogan Ephraim - in the buildup of play when Carlisle got their penalty he was struck in the face and down on the floor clutching his head. I suspect the referee probably should have stopped play for a head injury but he didn't.

Anyway, was a very good performance from us today but we needed to be more clinical - hayes McClure and wood all had chances where we could have been 4/5-0 up by half time. Bloomfield I thought was excellent today, more than making up for the lacklustre Marcus bean. Hayes showed how much needed he is upfront, McClure had an excellent game apart from his finishing, freds goal was top class and defensivly again we looked strong - the goals conceded were due to a well worked set piece and what appeared to be (ill have to see a replay) a refereeing mistake

This seemed a return to the side from earlier on this season and I think that's no coincidence that hayes return has done that. One negative of the day is pierres yellow card now suspends him for 2 games - time for Danny Rowe to show his worth

2. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

So are you finished with messing about now and back on track or is this a blip in your series of blips? If you know what I mean. You do seem to have wobbled badly over recent times but have somehow stuck to your promotion place. I was beginning to wonder if I'd bigged you up too much previously. I still think you are one of the better sides I've seen this season so stop messing about and get on with it.

3. philhythe

philhythe Well-Known Member

I must admit after our recent run of form I am surprised we are still there when we have a bad day the teams below us seem to have bad days as well

4. MunichDan

MunichDan Member

Great goals from Fred and Matt...Bang on for the red card as the guy jumped in with both feet (We seem to get a lot of challenges like that!!).

No way on this earth was that a penalty...thankfully it didn't cost us the points.

Read the comments of the Carlisle fans on Vital, not a happy bunch and I for one hope they go down now (with Cheltenham preferably!)

Anybody see the Shrewsbury lad try to handball an equaliser in the last seconds of their match? Thought they were above cheating.............

5. josewwfc

josewwfc Well-Known Member

the biggest issue with this is a cant see Hartlepool getting out of trouble!

6. Guywanderer

Guywanderer Well-Known Member

I don't want to see Cheltenham go down as its an easy away game for me

7. Bicester Blue

Bicester Blue Member

Hopefully it won't be next season - even if Cheltenham do stay up

8. Guywanderer

Guywanderer Well-Known Member

True but I'm not counting any chickens until May

9. mowgli1960

mowgli1960 Well-Known Member

And me, just up the M5.