1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread A Semi at AP Chairboys v Pilgrims 14th May

Discussion in 'Wycombe' started by Guywanderer, May 13, 2015.

1. Rocky blue army

Rocky blue army Well-Known Member

Cheers hoops a great night for us blues fans. Ainsworth is a legend

Ron likes this.
  2. Hoops Eternal

Hoops Eternal Well-Known Member

Gazza is indeed a legend, we'll have him back as our Manager ;)

Ron likes this.
  3. mowgli1960

mowgli1960 Well-Known Member

Nervous watching the 2nd half as Plymouth had to attack, a word of praise for Lynch whol made some great saves tonight and Holloway got my MOTM he could be an awesome player if he stays fit. More beer needed to celebrate i think so cheers <cheers> <party>

Ron likes this.
  4. Rocky blue army

I 2nd that for a rookie goalkeeper what a performance

Ron likes this.
  5. Rocky blue army

Holloway alfie and pierre were awesome but credit to the rest of the team as well.wwfc back at Wembley ****ing awesome <cheers><cheers><cheers><cheers>

Ron likes this.
  6. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

<applause><applause><applause>

Well done Wycombe as far as I'm concerned if ever a team deserved to be at Wembley it's you. All I can say is make sure you carry this through and win the final as well.

Our Manager want's stuffing for his team selection toight. That's nothing to do with you lads so hope you have a great day out and it's back to us to rip the manager to shreds, We should have started with the side we finished with last game but it isn't your problem. I will be hoping along with all of you that the final goes your way.

Ron and Hounded Out By Morons like this.
  7. Matster

Matster Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Well done on the win. I heard rumour you got a flukey judgement again, can't comment more as haven't followed game! ;)

Enjoy Wembley and see you in League One.

8. josewwfc

josewwfc Well-Known Member

Back from AP and delighted with that display tonight - a fully deserve win and place at wembely. I felt for Plymouth, who clearly ha ability in patchs and with a couple of good signings will be right up there next year, but we just blew them apart in the first half again and that settled it. Mawson and hayes both superb again, and young Alex Lynch looked much more assured this time

Best night at adams park in a long time and very excited for wembely

Ron likes this.
  9. Guywanderer

Guywanderer Well-Known Member

A great night met up with Ron before the game then we all squeezed into the Valley Terrace sardines in there last night majic first half eased the nerves could have been 3 or 4 up more even second half but we were comfortable young Lynch pulled of a couple of good saves but all in all we had as many chances as they did then the final whistle and the pitch invasion in which the stewards opended the gates to let us on just as well really as Ron isn't as young as he used to be. So now we have a BIG Day OUT at Wembley on Saturday 23rd May I can't wait

Ron likes this.
  10. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Yes, great to meet up Guy, Carl and Slasher, and thanks for the lift to Lane End Guy, much appreciated. Fantastic night which could only have been bettered by some Wycombe goals at our end. The stewards were great, especially at the end when they opened the gates for the fans to go on the pitch and then joined in the celebrations with the fans. I have a photo of me with Alfie Mawson. Brilliant for the whole team to come back out at the end.

I may be old Guy but I felt like a little kid at the end; couldn't wait to get on the pitch and mingle.

The whole team were great but Pierre and Mawson were outstanding. Great night for the young goalie.

A very memorable night. Can't wait to get home and watch it again

11. gravey5174

gravey5174 Member

Awesome, truly awesome.

Very difficult to pick one player as MOM, think the team should get it as a whole. First half control composure determination and nullified the supply to the front two of argyle and that's why they got no attempts on goal. Sheridan bemoans the worst half of football by a team he's managed but whilst they didn't impress they weren't allowed to get a foot hold on the game. Bottom line and I don't know why but Wycombe just wanted it more.

Ron likes this.
  12. mowgli1960

mowgli1960 Well-Known Member

Cheers greeny that's very decent of you after what must have been heartbreaking for you. Your fans deserve some credit for their vocal support even when 2-0 down on the night. <applause>

Ron likes this.
  13. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Agreed

14. ChairboyTom

ChairboyTom Member

What a night that was, I'm still absolutely buzzing & have been singing our songs under my breath all day!

First half we were so good going forward, Holloway has turned into a vital player for us now that he's fit & JJ has rediscovered his knack of taking set pieces. Second half we were really solid defensively, bar for their goal (looking at the highlights it was very marginal with the offside call, might just've been on), but in general that was one of the best performances I've ever seen from a Wycombe team. Lynch did fantastically well I thought in the last 25 minutes, not had a save to make in 2 games that he's played and then pulled off 3 blinders to keep Plymouth at bay.

Que sera sera!