1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread A Semi By The Sea Pilgrims v Chairboys 9th May

Discussion in 'Wycombe' started by Guywanderer, May 8, 2015.

1. Guywanderer

Guywanderer Well-Known Member

The Chairboys travel to Devon for the first leg of the playoff semi final against the Pilgrims at Home Park, looking to maintain their outstanding away record this season, so cast your minds back 21 years to the last time the Chairboys finished 4th and we also had a long trip to the coast for a semi here's hoping it goes the same way.
    Gaz will be sweating on the fitness of Matt Ingram after he went off injured last week, but the good news is he should be ok along with Sam Saunders with only Sido likely to be missing so Marcus Bean will continue at right back. Due to the kick off time I can't make it to Plymouth or should I say can't make it home from there, so I will be watching the game on Sky looking forward to the lads bringing a good lead back to Adams Park<ok>

2. Cardiff-Wycombe

Cardiff-Wycombe Well-Known Member

Will Bean stay at right back or will Nico move back there? Will we prepare like a midweek game with the evening kick off (very bad record) or like a Saturday 3 o'clock kickoff away (very good record), so nervous now.

3. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I'll be watching on TV and praying for a good display. I hope we play football and not hoofball.

4. ChairboyTom

ChairboyTom Member

Quite frankly I don't care what style we play Ron, as long as we come back with a win! At this stage, even more so than at the end of the regular season, its the results not how you play that counts. Having said that, it sounds as though with Nico in the centre we were much more creative against Northampton. Having Saunders and JJ back should only help that as Woody can move back onto the wing, whilst I've been told that Ingram is fit to play and will start, supposedly without the need for a last minute fitness test.

Again, I can't make this one but will be watching on Sky, COYB!

5. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Well OK, I don't care as long as we win. But I would like them to kook good on TV, especially as I will be watching with my son (who is a Man U fan)

6. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Ron, why do you still have anything to do with your Son? I'd kick him out or disown him if I were you.:rolleyes:

It's getting close now and has seemed a very long week this week waiting. Think this one might be a sell out. I agree with you all that the result is far more important than the display. Having said that it is even better if you get both. I've been watching your results for quite a while now as you know and have to say you should have been up already. Given your season you deserve to be but I have to reverse that now and obviously go for my lot to completely wreck your season. I hope it will be a good advert for league 2 and may the best team win.:emoticon-0167-beer:<cheers>

7. Rocky blue army

Rocky blue army Well-Known Member

It's been a long week waiting for this game to come around but today has finally arrived. Good luck to g a and the lads for tonight. Let's hope that it's a cracking game and we get a good result. Whatever happens over the next 2 or maybe 3 games we shouldn't forget what an amazing turnaround we have witnessed from last season to this. COYB. <cheers><cheers>:emoticon-0107-sweat

8. Rocky blue army

Not a good start to the day the Mrs just got some sausages out of the freezer put them on the side for a couple of minutes before cooking my breakfast went back 2 minutes later and my rottweiler has eaten all 8 of them FROZEN .:emoticon-0121-angry

9. mowgli1960

mowgli1960 Well-Known Member

Beers in the fridge ready for kick off, will watch the game with my neighbour who is a Bristol City fan and hates Plymouth but won't tell me why. <doh> Hoping we can put on a good show for the cameras and come away with yet another away win. <cracker>

10. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

There was a solution to the breakfast problem Rocky. Just eat the bleddy dog. Sorted.

It's been a very long day so far and seems likely it will get or seem very much longer before kick off. Then it will be over before you blink which is the way of exciting times in life. Argyle have sold out but don't know how many you are bringing. It WILL be rocking at Home Park tonight that's for sure.

11. philhythe

philhythe Well-Known Member

Will be setting off to Plymouth in another half an hour from Southampton here is for a win especially with our home form.

12. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

<party>Hope you all have a good safe journey down and back. I'll be the one in the Home end waving.......:emoticon-0137-clapp....................

13. Cardiff-Wycombe

Cardiff-Wycombe Well-Known Member

Fcuk me, I'm a nervous wreck. Already on the beer and just hope I'm able to watch the game.

14. Rocky blue army

Yeh getting nervous now gonna crack open a beer or 2

15. Rocky blue army

Sensible my rottie would feed me for a month<laugh><laugh><laugh><laugh>.Let's hope for a great game tonight<cheers>

16. mowgli1960

I've been forcing myself to leav e the beer alone all day to make sure i can watch the game and not nod off. <laugh> No beer before 7'clock. <cheers>

17. Guywanderer

Been keeping busy all day but now in front of the telly and the nerves are kicking in of the fridge now for a beer and watch the side show of palace v United

18. josewwfc

josewwfc Well-Known Member

Big team news - no Ingram! Lynch makes his first professional start tonight, lets hope hes up to it

19. Guywanderer

Bollox no Ingram <steam>

20. mowgli1960

Wish i had golt drunk this afternoon after this news. :cry: Oh well maybe Lynch will have a blinder on what is a big occaision for the lad and the club.