1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread A Semi By The Sea Pilgrims v Chairboys 9th May

Discussion in 'Wycombe' started by Guywanderer, May 8, 2015.

1. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

It was a strange thing to see at football it's true but it sort of fitted in with the song thing and mood but looked really good in the ground.

You are right also that it is pointless debating decisions now but not to mention it in a summary is a bit blinkered to say the least which was my point. Of course no player will admit to it, overall they are a cheating diving lot these days anyway. That's not a slight at Wycombe by the way I'm talking about all teams and all players.

The one side I do not want to see go up is Stevenage which probably means they will because my predictions are pants and the opposite always seems to happen. I should put a bet on them really just to stop them for sure. Their Manager is the worst kind a human being there is and I simply can't stand him. Mouthy whingeing prat who has trained his players to be just like him. I have never seen a side in years who did as much feigning injury and carping at the Ref as them. Every minute one of them lay down clutching some part of their anatomy with the rest surrounding the Ref trying to get a card of some colour. Weaseley is like that other bloke who was at Crawley when they were in league 2. A certain Mr Evans. I would love to watch a game between the two of them it would be hilarious. Weasel should be banned from the planet.

I don't think any of the sides are in a position to take league one by storm but we would all take the ride wouldn't we. I don't think any of them have a fortune to throw around either to back it up.

2. Hounded Out By Morons

Hounded Out By Morons Well-Known Member

I still reckon the handball was inconclusive, but do think that both sides should have lost a player--sent off. Agree about the standard of refereeing. If anyone saw the Shrewsbury v Wycombe match after Christmas with Clattenburg in charge, there was a world of difference. Always on top of the game and all decisions explained to the crowd by clear gesture.

3. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

With that kind of eyesight do you really run a Driving School Kasule? God help us......<yikes>

4. Bicester Blue

Bicester Blue Member

I thought that we were fortunate to be 2-0 up at HT - I thought Plymouth moved the ball around well but the back 4 did well to protect Lynch at corners etc. And yes, I was only 100 yards away but it did look like handball in the build up for the second goal.

In the second half there looked to be no way back for Plymouth and there probably wouldn't have been had this been a one-off match. However, great strike for the first goal and I would describe the second goal as messy. Again, we look much less effective when Holloway is off the pitch.

We still haven't won a game by more than one goal since beating Southend 4-1 in December and the only team to beat us by more than 1 goal in the same period was Plymouth (2-0 at AP).

All in all a good night. It was my first visit to Home Park and the atmosphere was excellent. I imagine the terrace in front of the old stand used to generate a bit of noise when it was open. Also it was good to see WW play at a ground that has hosted European football.

Roll on Thursday

5. Hounded Out By Morons

Clattenburg was definititely reffing the Shrewsbury-Wycombe match. What else could you be refering?

6. philhythe

philhythe Well-Known Member

What I meant with the two goals you had two shots from distance that went in the first he meant to get on target but how many of those in his career will end up in row z & the other again hit try & get it on target & see what happens when you think we had a goalkeeper who had only 10mins game time before Saturday.

7. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

Neither keeper made a save in the match in my memory. You could argue the same for your 3 then. Bit of a daft argument with respect to call our's lucky and your's not philhythe. Our keeper has bags of experience but that meant nothing in this game. 2 of your's were from a similar distance but none of our's had a handball attached to the build up.

Does Kasule run a driving school? He didn't say so I don't know whether to be worried or not.

8. Guywanderer

Guywanderer Well-Known Member

You best pop over to the Shrews board and ask him!

9. Hounded Out By Morons

If it is any help, look up the legend that is Victor Kasule.