1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Aliens

Discussion in 'The Premier League' started by Sweats, Jun 27, 2017.

1. Sweats

Sweats Fat lives matter
    Forum Moderator

Anyone seen the anonymous video about the discovery of alien life?

It's quite interesting. I'd post a link for it but can't figure out how to from my phone..

What are people ms thoughts on the subject? Believer? Think it's all bollocks and trust in an imaginary deities instead?

I personally think it's statistically impossible for there not to be aliens. Especially when you consider they've found something like 3000 planets in the zone that can harbour life.

Read something recently that they reckon one jupiters moons has a liquid ocean that may be able to support life.

No doubt bod will now own up to shagging an inflatable alien and haig has been abducted by aliens which would explain many things.

PINKIE likes this.
  2. PleaseNotPoll

PleaseNotPoll Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Here's the video:

The guy they talk about says it's bollocks:

Could there be alien life? Yeah, sure. I'll believe it when I see it, though.

3. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

Yeah statistically it's almost certain that there's intelligent life out there somewhere. Has it visited Earth and interacted with humans, I don't think so. I used to be into UFO stuff a few years ago and read everything that I could about the subject. There are some unexplained cases, but just because they are unexplained, it doesn't mean you can fill in the blanks and say it's Aliens.

That said, I reckon @Bodinki might have been probed by an inflatable Alien at some point :)

NSIS likes this.
  4. Milk not bear jizz

Milk not bear jizz Grasser-In-Chief

Anonymous is full of crap to be honest.

If NASA discovered aliens they would be bragging about it. Aliens would legitimise a larger budget and increase their importance with the general population. NASA wants to find aliens.

As for do aliens exist? Somewhere in the universe, almost certainly. We'll almost certainly never find them outside our galaxy even if they exist though because space is expanding faster than you can travel at light speed between galaxies.

In our galaxy it is possible but less likely?

Maybe, for every million planets only one is suitable. For every million times life evolves, maybe only one is sustainable (forms balances, doesn't just die out once a specific resource)... For example on our planet there is a balance between animals producing CO2 from O2 and plants doing it in reverse. Imagine if this didn't happen. Plants would be unsustainable without animals also evolving.

Then for every million planets with sustainable life, maybe only one that has the stability and energy to support complex intelligent life.

Even if intelligent life evolves, how long does it stay before extinction. If we're anything to go by, within a relatively short time period it could develop the means to kill itself. It might only exist as a Civilisation for 10 or 20 thousand years.

It's very possible earth harbours the only intelligent life in the galaxy at this moment in time.

5. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

Couple of different theoretical ideas that might suggest otherwise though. Wormholes and warp drives.

Also, we are discovering life on this planet at the bottom of oceans where organisms live without Oxygen and sunlight, so life is possible outside of the parameters as we have previously measured it.

6. remembercolinlee

remembercolinlee Well-Known Member

If they discovered a single cell organism on the arse end of Uranus it would definitely be classed as intelligent compared to some of the ****wits on the politics thread <whistle>

Stan and PINKIE like this.
  7. seabreeze

seabreeze Well-Known Member

Universally speaking , I personally think it's almost statistically impossible for there to not be aliens

Lovearsenalcock likes this.
  8. Milk not bear jizz

There is no evidence that worm holes exist. And if they did exist it would probably require something like a super massive black hole to distort space like that, so there almost certainly wouldn't be any communication or traveling through them. That's pure sci fi.

As for warp drives, there is no evidence that such technology will ever be feasible and if it did bending time and space like that would probably require all the energy in our galaxy just to reach the next. As huge as galaxies are. The space between them is mind bogglingly enormous.

That's very true, but could it have evolved there?

Or did it take more favourable conditions to evolve and then through adaptation was able to live there over time? We don't know.

9. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

Don't disagree with any of that. They are theoretical ideas which seem beyond the scope of what we can achieve currently, but you never know.

10. "Thanks for that Brian"

"Thanks for that Brian" Well-Known Member

There are too many galaxies for life not to exist elsewhere. The current cutting edge thinking is that there are so many galaxies that it is unlikely that there aren't other world's identical to this one where life plays out differently - like a cosmic 'Sliding Doors'. So, on some identical planet there's another Brian out there who didn't sleep with his first mother-in-law and remains married to the first Mrs B.

Poor bastard! For his sake, I hope he said yes to that Danish girl in Stoke on Trent!

11. PleaseNotPoll

PleaseNotPoll Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

please log in to view this image

Milk not bear jizz and PINKIE like this.
  12. Milk not bear jizz

Imagine if the universe were a giant Kaleidoscope. There's probably a billion identical copies of you right now reading this thread.

I don't for one second doubt that life exists in another galaxy no matter how long the odds are for life to evolve. The universe is so frickin huge.

It might exist elsewhere in this galaxy too... But I actually wouldnt be surprised if we're alone in the galaxy.

13. Stan

Stan Stalker

You can't dangle that one and not elaborate.

14. "Thanks for that Brian"

"Thanks for that Brian" Well-Known Member

The mother-in-law or The Great Dane?

15. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

I've seen a ufo, no point going on about it though as I'll be mocked as a nut job... Suppose that's what most think anyway.

I was about 13 years old it flew near to my house quite low, Shine On Harvey Moon was on the TV I remember it clearly. True story.

16. Tel (they/them)

Tel (they/them) Sucky’s Bailiff

Possible. Probable. Lots of variables.

Given how long the earth has been around and how long humans have inhabited it for, there could have been life visiting here many times hundreds of millions of years ago that are now extinct.

Not God.

17. Tel (they/them)

Tel (they/them) Sucky’s Bailiff

You sure it wasn't a Premier League trophy?

Last edited: Jun 27, 2017
    BobbyD, luvgonzo and PINKIE like this.
  18. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

<laugh>

My brother is an air traffic controller at Cardiff airport. He was telling me about an incident a few years ago where he tracked a large unidentified object on Radar off the Bristol Channel. It was about as wide as a football field and around 100m long. There was no traffic in the area, so initially he thought it was a ship. Then it turned abruptly and moved inland towards the Weston area before disappearing from Radar near Glastonbury.

He said he was getting calls to the tower from local 'enthusiasts' demanding to know what it was. Then the press phoned and asked if they had tracked a UFO on radar. Turned out to be a large flock of Canada Geese that was large enough to be picked up by Radar. they probably landed in a lake somewhere on the Somerset levels and 'disappeared' from Radar. But it didn't stop the local UFO groups from going ape claiming that Cardiff Tower had tracked a UFO and then tried to hush it up.

19. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

Can you elaborate ? (Not about Shine on Harvey Moon, that was ****)

20. Milk not bear jizz

UFO doesn't necessarily mean ET.