1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread All Aboard the Orient Express O's v Chairboys 19th September

Discussion in 'Wycombe' started by Guywanderer, Sep 18, 2015.

1. Guywanderer

Guywanderer Well-Known Member

It's full steam ahead for the Chairboys as they make their way south east, to the East End of London for a top of the table clash for the third week running. The O's are League Two's high flyers having won their first five games but that came to an end a fortnight ago with a 4-0 thumping at St James Park and after the Chairboys first defeat of the season last week both teams will be looking to get back to winning ways at Brisbane Road.
    The Chairboys go into the game with no new injury concerns, but Captain Paul Hayes remains a doubt so it's either Gozie or Holloway to start up front, but I expect the same starting line up as last week if Sam Wood remains out, Donacien looks to complete his loan period on the bench.
    I can't get to this game or even to a TV, radio or the internet to follow this one as I have a supporting role at my daughter's wedding, the bank account has been emptied and the speech is written to be performed sometime during the first half, if it all goes to plan! so hopefully I can check my phone at half time and then again at 5pm hoping to see the lads have clinched all three points<ok>COYB

Ron likes this.
  2. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Congratulations to your daughter Guy. Have a great day.

3. Guywanderer

Cheers Ron

4. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Just a wish that your day or rather your daughter's day goes well Guywanderer. I remember well the emptying of the Bank Account but also the chufty bit of the supporting role as well. Much to the relief of everyone concerned I never did a speech.

Good thing about these days is there is always somebody there with one of those new fangle phones that can do everything and knows everything. Just tell the future son-in-law that if he wants to get off to a good start he needs to supply the match info as it happens and leave it to him.<cheers><bubbly><bubbly><bubbly>

Ron likes this.
  5. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Bloody Player

upload_2015-9-19_16-27-10.png

Done that, still no bloody sound <steam>

6. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

HT. 1-0 to Wycombe (Bloomfield)

7. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Bollocks. 1-1 First shot on target :steam:

8. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Oh well, we were top for 25mins. Back down to 4th now.

9. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Happy to get the draw but I get the impression we were the better team. Looking forward to the reports from those who went

10. mowgli1960

mowgli1960 Well-Known Member

I'd have snatched your hand off for a point before the game but seems we should have won it. W'ere really missing Paul Hayes it seems, just hope it's not a long term injury.

11. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Any news on how the individuals fared?

12. Guywanderer

It all went well yesterday even my speech although it was about 4.50pm when I started it so didn't know the result until gone half five shame we didn't hang on for the win but happy with the draw

13. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

That was a long speech Guy

14. Guywanderer

No mine was about five minutes or so it was the three others!!!

Ron likes this.
  15. josewwfc

josewwfc Well-Known Member

belated report from one who was actually there - we should have won it. We had the better of the play and with the exception of a 10 minute period they didnt look like scoring. However we lost concentration at the back for the goal and for a little after and thats what cost us. We missed hayes upfront for me, thompson and agwu both played alright but nothing special and dont look much of a partnership. The game was dominated by our midfield, bean excellent as ever and onien put in a brillaint performance, only bettered by the phenominal matty bloomfield.

Which brings me onto the big incident - the penalty shout. At the time i was fuming it wasnt given, after watching the replay i am equally livid. Perhaps blooms has gone down theatrically but he has clearly got to the ball and been tripped. The referee has bottled 2 massive decisions (the other being a second yellow card for thier right back, which would have seen them reduced to 10 men whislt 1-0 down) and arguably this costs us the 3 points

Still a solid performance and after seeing us against plymouth and orient i still think we will be up there this season, we just need to be a little better at finishing teams off

16. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Where did you see the recording Jose? Didn't notice anything on the Sky Sports highlights, nor on the Football league Show

17. josewwfc

chairboys player extended highlights ron, Sky and youtube often just focus on the chances as they only show it briefly

18. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Didn't see what might have been a second yellow. The penalty appeal was at 1-1 and I couldn't really say it was a definite penalty. He was going away from goal which might have swayed the ref. Have seen them given but if it had been the other end I think we might have been peeved had it been given.

19. josewwfc

The second yellow wasnt on the highlights, nor would you expect it to be in fairness. As for the penatly, you can see blooms gets to the ball first and is tripped - doesnt matter if he is going away from goal, its a silly tackle made in the penalty area and for my its a definate penalty. If it was against us id be annoyed at the tackle even being made!