1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Allardyce

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by Red Alert, Sep 27, 2016.

1. BrightredRickster

BrightredRickster Well-Known Member

Sorry bout that. The web site actually answered your thread rather than someone else'e.
    But I do mostly agree with what you said, although I probably wouldn't put Gazza in the same group of players as the others because he was a special case. Hods, Hudson, Currie could not have done a Maradona and won it almost single-handedly whereas Gazza in 1990 was unstoppable.
    Trouble with him was he stopped himself.

2. Angelicnumber16

Angelicnumber16 Well-Known Member

He was pretty unplayable in Euro '96 too and it's a real shame about what's happened to him since he stopped playing.
    Another George Best type tragedy in the making I reckon, the way he's going.....

3. johngalleyfan2

johngalleyfan2 Well-Known Member

HOW MANY MILES? 8-10-12,000? checked MY LOG BOOKS/DIARIES non uk driving is in excess of 166,000 miles .. France approx. 92,000 Germany 18,000, Italy mostly top third 21,000 Spain top third 9,000 Belgium ( as a transit to Holland,Germany Luxembourg) 17,000 ....

France ..... Initially you think the driving is cr*p! next time you go on any road in France or Germany watch what how and why they do it ...then follow the same "rules " they use! I don't mean published in the highway code book .. the pattern some x million drivers adhere to ... I get off the train or ferry and once out of the malady of uk drivers .."oh my g** I am in France driving on wrong side " I actually relax back into my seat and drive stress free for the next 3-4 5 600 miles be it peage N routes or whatever
    example ..
    motorways uk ..
    drivers hog lanes 3 and 2
    to overtake some get right up your tailgate impatience the key, often flashing lights
    when delayed by 2 secs they cut in sharp *
    most never read the road ahead or are aware of what is around them, like a vehicle in lane 1, doing 50 can see a veh in lane 2 some way behind doing 60, also see lane 3 is empty ..indicates to pull out, gets "angry" flashing lights from a vehicle slowing down instead of being aware of their surroundings and who's course of action would simply be move to the empty lane 3 and continue. when they eventually get in lane 3 which has then got traffic behind them then they slow down to gesticulate before accelerating past cutting in and braking driving off giving themselves the v in their review mirror ....
    since 1971 I have swerved to avoid a badger in cheddar gorge dented wing .. been sandwiched due to drunk driver slamming into us stationary vehicles going down into Briz village (who was being followed by an off duty policeman!)
    slammed into by a transit at a roundabout in GAP he was on his phone and admitted all to police
    been victim of a herd of deer jumping off a bank to cross the road in NW Scotland ..speed was about 30 on a straight road ... 4 occurrences in so many miles been driving 60 years and still average 40,000 a year...
    RECOMMENDATION ...GO AND DRIVE IN FRANCE OR GERMANY, STRESS FREE
    * ALL or 99% drive on right when overtaking they do "get back in" quite quickly but a vehicle doing 70 overtaken by one doing just 75 will soon have a distance between them. also quite often a vehicle doing 70 and overtaking wont hog the road but nip in and let a faster one pop past, then nip back out... indicators in France are used a lot for these manoeuvres in the UK it is not necessary to indicate when completing an overtaking manoeuvre.. law says we drive on the left so we should but don't always ........

4. Angelicnumber16

Allardyce is now reported to be taking a year out to write a Kiss And Tell book on football.

The guy obviously has no shame.

5. invermeremike

invermeremike Well-Known Member

Greed and shame are rarely heard in the same sentence and that's because the greedy don't give a toss about others and who they hurt. If indeed big sam is capable of writing a book then all you ne'er do wells hiding in the shadows should watch your backs because another trait of the greedy who get caught is REVENGE.

6. johngalleyfan2

OR as most managers /players do, put it about to sneak in the odd truth! I don't think it has nowt to do with shame... the book can only be judged when it is on the book shelves ..

7. BrightredRickster

No mate, I think you're missing the point.
    Here in Gard, the instances of blind corner overtaking amount to 1-2 per SHORT JOURNEY.
    There is a ****youness about them when they get behind a wheel, the like of which I have not seen elsewhere even though I have driven on 3 continents and in 6 European countries. I have worked as a despatch driver many times in the City of London, rarely on 4 wheels most mornings, but I never put anyone's lives at risk like what I have seen some of these daft bastards do.
    However,as you seem intent on turning this into a pissing contest, one I don't have the time for because life is too short and I have too much on, i'll just say yes, you're quite right JG2, and sorry to bother you

Last edited: Sep 30, 2016
  8. RedorDead

RedorDead Well-Known Member

Fair play to you for understanding it, I was confused after two lines <laugh>

banksyisourhero likes this.
  9. Angelicnumber16

Regardless of the content, the timing is abysmal. I hope nobody buys it and he never works again. Not that he needs to.
    And that in itself says it all.

10. johngalleyfan2

WELL there is a 100% improvement, its normally after the first ......:emoticon-0105-wink: :emoticon-0105-wink:

11. johngalleyfan2

this past 2 years I refuse to go there between 8am and 7pm ..
    Gard, had a friend in Nimes and Cevennes was the last national parc in France .. NOT last visit, but last one I went to, did all the rest first, favourite is ECRINS, VANOISE AND CEVENNES CLOSE 2ND'S .. you are a lucky person .. an ill aging mother kept me from moving to Chateaureax des alpes in 2010 .. to late to move now

12. johngalleyfan2

latest from GLENN Allardyce could be banned "waiting on the transcript" from the Telegraph .. I wonder why the Telegraph needs over a week or more to "work on the transcript" ..

13. BrightredRickster

I am not a believer in the concept of luck JG - but if that's your thing then yes if you like

Last edited: Oct 2, 2016