1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Ash to keep schtum

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by originallambrettaman, Mar 6, 2011.

1. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

The expose is off, Ash has decided he can't do a tell all, without it damaging his position at Preston(presumably because it would suggest he never actually wanted to go there). He's still spitting feathers though, he's gutted by the way things finished up and the way his time at City came to an end, though he has said it's as much his fault as anyone else's.

He's not moving to Preston, he's stopping round here, he's just got a flat on the marina(Preston has a Marina:emoticon-0103-cool:).

2. Horsham_Tiger

Horsham_Tiger Well-Known Member

Good on him.

3. e18

e18 Member

Nice to know. Do we know why he snubbed his loyal following of 9 years after the Preston game.

4. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

No idea, though I suspect he found the whole day quite uncomfortable and was just keen to get out of the building.

5. Tigers 1 Lions 0

Tigers 1 Lions 0 Active Member

I would like it to stay that way as well for a quite a while.

There is bound to be a big story to tell in the future, but I think Ash could have handled himself better in the last months months as well.

I hope he ensures his legendary status is not tarnished by being too bitter & sour about the way his playing career here ended.
    He needs to focus on, and be proud of the unpresidented fantastic achievements he had at City....
    I hope he has a career at the Club in the future in another capacity, but this will only happen if he shows real professionalism when the story is told.

6. citycityhull

citycityhull Well-Known Member

As i posted before, a friend of of a friend told me that Ash told him in the first week of the transfer window that he was off to Preston, said Ash felt he was been edged out and might not get offered a new contract. At the time i wrote it off as gossip (dont know the guy who told that well)

7. Tigerbarmy

Tigerbarmy New Member

Sorry guys, just catching up with you all on here, what's the story with Ash?
    And by the way, just been given a book on City by John Fieldhouse, "From boom to bust", its a real good read!

8. mark2112

mark2112 Member

Thought he might of made a bit more of an effort towards the supporters,instead of just hitting the showers quickly

9. x

x Well-Known Member

probably best not to say that out loud. fieldhouse didnt make himself popular amnong city fans though somehow he ended up employed by city iirc which was maybe just to shut him up. the book was boyciotted by many who would have had to wear gloves to even touch it.

10. adamisme

adamisme Member

glad Ashbee is keeping schtum, too many times former players speak out about their clubs and how they were forced out etc

11. DMD

DMD Eh?
    Forum Moderator

It's not a hobby i know much about, how long do schtum live and do they take much looking after?

12. robingram02

robingram02 Well-Known Member

Longer than parrots. Easier than hamsters, harder than goldfish.

13. tigercity

tigercity Well-Known Member

don't know the backround to the John Fieldhouse.. I've read "From Boom to Bust" and it's quite insightful.. currently reading "Deano"

14. doveston

doveston Active Member

deano said on the radio that he advised ash to make the move.ash was been offered a decent contract and worth more than the 1 year he would get from city.

15. tigercity

tigercity Well-Known Member

It's understandable.. I reckon Ash thinks he deserved a new contract & probably feels let down.. but there's no sentiment in football.. To my mind he was still playing well & had more to offer but I'm not the boss and NP knows what he's doing...you can't argue with the results... maybe Hobbs can do the Ash role..? Harper can't.

16. MattTheTiger

MattTheTiger Well-Known Member

I'm glad he's keeping quiet. Although I suspect that we'll be hearing it in a book one day. Really hope he gets involved with the club again in whatever form. True legend in the city shirt and thats how he should always be remembered.

17. WithsHC

WithsHC Member

it dissopoints me that the reason he is keeping shut is this would have hoped it would have been more out of the length of time he spent here