1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Ashbee's gone

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by mauledbythetigers, Jan 31, 2011.

1. premiertiger

premiertiger Member

Really? Hows this then, we didn't get taken over so didn't have any money to sign 2 new forwards (one who looks good, one still to impress), a new centre half (who looks good) and then taken on loan new young highly rated central midfielder (verdict still out, but looks good so far) a new keeper on loan for 2 months (who looks good) and the only out is an over paid 34 year old, who handed in a transfer request.

Sounds like it couldn't of gone much better, and there is still business to be done hopefully.

2. TONY_WARNERS_FACE.

TONY_WARNERS_FACE. Well-Known Member

Neither striker is yet to impress yet really.

Clearly you haven't been paying attention though, otherwise you'd have realised that Zayette and Bullard have also gone. Zayette could have easily been the long term replacement for Ash and it goes without saying why we should have kept Bullard.

Hopefully there is business to be done, because otherwise there's no reason at all to be pleased with this transfer window. Unless you're Nicky Barmby.

3. Happy Tiger

Happy Tiger Well-Known Member

I'm starting to find you mildly amusing TWF. You seem to despise anyone decent, or working currently in the interests of the club, while loving people who clearly have moved on from that feeling and couldn't give a crap about the club.

I'm also seeing your name as TWS when its on my screen. I'm not suggesting you're a Leedscum fan, as I am fairly sure you're a Hull fan, but my brain just seems to see it like that.

I really hope you're not this negative off-line, although I suspect you're quite happy in your own way with the fact you get responses off people with your negativity. Oh and for the record, I doubt very much if you'd ever actually admit you're wrong, even if we won the league. You'd almost certainly come out with a reason why its not the management or the players or the Allams but something entirely different.

Please don't let the others getting at you stop you posting. You make me smile. :D

4. premiertiger

premiertiger Member

Good point about Zayette and Bullard. To be fair though, Zayatte wanted to go and if his heart or head wasn't at the club, then no point keeping him. Bullard, well we could debate that all day long, great player who when he has played this season hasn't shown his quality, and again probably didn't want to be at the club any more, so better to play players who want to play and put the effort in.

Lol about Barmby, he must be one happy chappy!

5. marklucky7

marklucky7 Member

I would rather have Harper instead of ash but thats just me, He offers slightly more going forward but neither are very good.
    Someone like Greening would be a breath of fresh air alongside Koren.

6. goldentruetiger

We didn't offer him a contract extension, and I'm told didn't plan to.
    What would you do - no job in 6 months and little chance of getting a deal when released?
    If someone you know & trust came in with an 18 month deal on decent money then you'd go.
    We didn't give him a choice & I as a fan feel shortchanged that the farewell Ashbee should get at the KC will come when he's wearing a PNE shirt.

Bit shabby really, we should be better than this.

Good luck Ian, the Tigers will however continue to go from strength to strenth this season.

UTT

7. TONY_WARNERS_FACE.

Don't you worry though that there are too many who "don't have their heart at the club" any more? It's not just the Brown era players (though you can see why they feel that way), I'm fairly certain Gerrard isn't enjoying it here and wants to go back, Koren looks disinterested half the time.

8. x

x Well-Known Member

thats not the impression i got when he was talking to kcfm on saterday. and same on this http://www.teamtalk.com/hull-city/6714202/Gerrard-Hull-progressing-nicely

but you know best.

9. TONY_WARNERS_FACE.

It's the impression I get from listening to him when asked about permanently signing here, also I'm fairly certain if he wanted to stay the deal would have been done this transfer window.

That article proves nothing either way in this instance.

10. x

x Well-Known Member

the impression i get from his answers to permanent signing questions is that he's waiting to see if cardiff go up. if they do, he's a cardiff player otherwise he'll join us. can yuo blame him?

11. TONY_WARNERS_FACE.

No, but I don't get that impression, I get the impression he'll be going back to Cardiff no matter what.

Under the current management I still can't blame him.

12. Ashbees Plums

Ashbees Plums Member

Who would you have as manager instead then TWF? Phil Brown?

13. TONY_WARNERS_FACE.

I'd happily take Phil Brown back.

14. postmantwat

postmantwat Member

oh ****in hell lol.....

15. Ashbees Plums

Ashbees Plums Member

Don't you want to move on maybe? It's not good to live in the past? We won't get Phil Brown back at the club, now or ever. If Pearson was ever forced out we would be stuck with the likes of Megson or worse. Just a thought, seeing as you are very critical of the Pearsons.

16. TONY_WARNERS_FACE.

You asked if I'd like Phil Brown at the club and I replied accordingly. Though I think when we employed Monotone we should have employed Nigel Adkins instead.

Megson would honestly be a better choice than Pearson, he's got a good record and he's not buddies with the club's chief trouble causer. Win win.

17. FLG

FLG Well-Known Member

I found out you can put people on ignore on this forum.

No prizes for guessing who was first on the list.

18. ImperialTiger

ImperialTiger Well-Known Member

Care to share how?

19. ImperialTiger

ImperialTiger Well-Known Member

Never mind. Sorted it.

20. x

x Well-Known Member

have you blacklisted good old TWFy?