1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Ashley selling up?

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by magpie290761, Jun 12, 2017.

1. Darren Peacock’s Ponytail

Darren Peacock’s Ponytail Well-Known Member

We didn't last season! Melodramatic much!

2. Captainchaos.

Captainchaos. Well-Known Member

Ha ha

I'm just saying I can handle being relegated in the same way I can handle a slice of toast

Flash likes this.
  3. Lord Jonjomort

Lord Jonjomort Well-Known Member

I'm gluten, wheat and lactose intolerant. I'm literally afraid of toast.

4. Warmir Pouchov

Warmir Pouchov Better than JPF

<laugh>

I'd hate to have these intolerances people do now. Going shopping or out for a meal is like a full blown SAS mission <laugh>

Its good they are discovering these things though. People just suffered in silence or were batted away by the docs. Do you reckon we have developed more of these intolerances through evolution, or people just put up with it in the past? I found this which was pretty interesting http://www.foodrenegade.com/the-rise-of-gluten-intolerance/

I didn't realise quite how dramatic the rise. We've ****ed everything up with chemicals and antibiotics <laugh>

5. Judge Death

Judge Death Well-Known Member

No, I think the issue is that kids today and in recent years haven't been allowed out to play, get dirty and build up a tolerance to all sorts of things - saw an article recently where a senior doctor was basically advocating kids going out and licking the pavement to build up immunity

I genuinely can't recall seeing anything when I was growing up about kids dying from measles, chickenpox etc which seems to be quite common these days - we're sanitising ourselves into extinction

Flash likes this.
  6. Delusional Full Stop

Delusional Full Stop Here to serve all your counselling needs.
    Forum Moderator

It's just the younger generation going all soft.

Michael Palin: Ahh.. Very passable, this, very passable.

Graham Chapman: Nothing like a good glass of Chateau de Chassilier wine, ay Gessiah?

Terry Gilliam: You're right there Obediah.

Eric Idle: Who'd a thought thirty years ago we'd all be sittin' here drinking Chateau de Chassilier wine?

MP: Aye. In them days, we'd a' been glad to have the price of a cup o' tea.

GC: A cup ' COLD tea.

EI: Without milk or sugar.

TG: OR tea!

MP: In a filthy, cracked cup.

EI: We never used to have a cup. We used to have to drink out of a rolled up newspaper.

GC: The best WE could manage was to suck on a piece of damp cloth.

TG: But you know, we were happy in those days, though we were poor.

MP: Aye. BECAUSE we were poor. My old Dad used to say to me, "Money doesn't buy you happiness."

EI: 'E was right. I was happier then and I had NOTHIN'. We used to live in this tiiiny old house, with greaaaaat big holes in the roof.

GC: House? You were lucky to have a HOUSE! We used to live in one room, all hundred and twenty-six of us, no furniture. Half the floor was missing; we were all huddled together in one corner for fear of FALLING!

TG: You were lucky to have a ROOM! *We* used to have to live in a corridor!

MP: Ohhhh we used to DREAM of livin' in a corridor! Woulda' been a palace to us. We used to live in an old water tank on a rubbish tip. We got woken up every morning by having a load of rotting fish dumped all over us! House!? Hmph.

EI: Well when I say "house" it was only a hole in the ground covered by a piece of tarpolin, but it was a house to US.

GC: We were evicted from *our* hole in the ground; we had to go and live in a lake!

TG: You were lucky to have a LAKE! There were a hundred and sixty of us living in a small shoebox in the middle of the road.

MP: Cardboard box?

TG: Aye.

MP: You were lucky. We lived for three months in a brown paper bag in a septic tank. We used to have to get up at six o'clock in the morning, clean the bag, eat a crust of stale bread, go to work down mill for fourteen hours a day week in-week out. When we got home, out Dad would thrash us to sleep with his belt!

GC: Luxury. We used to have to get out of the lake at three o'clock in the morning, clean the lake, eat a handful of hot gravel, go to work at the mill every day for tuppence a month, come home, and Dad would beat us around the head and neck with a broken bottle, if we were LUCKY!

TG: Well we had it tough. We used to have to get up out of the shoebox at twelve o'clock at night, and LICK the road clean with our tongues. We had half a handful of freezing cold gravel, worked twenty-four hours a day at the mill for fourpence every six years, and when we got home, our Dad would slice us in two with a bread knife.

EI: Right. I had to get up in the morning at ten o'clock at night, half an hour before I went to bed, (pause for laughter), eat a lump of cold poison, work twenty-nine hours a day down mill, and pay mill owner for permission to come to work, and when we got home, our Dad would kill us, and dance about on our graves singing "Hallelujah."

MP: But you try and tell the young people today that... and they won't believe ya'.

ALL: Nope, nope..

Consett Mag and Lord Jonjomort like this.
  7. Joelinton's Right Foot

Joelinton's Right Foot Worth Every Penny
    Forum Moderator

I was diagnosed with coeliac disease about 3 years ago now. At first it was a nightmare trying to work out what you can and can't eat. You do get used to it though and getting rid of the symptoms is well worth whatever it takes. I can't understand people who just choose to have a gluten free diet though. It's not a choice I would ever have made unless I was forced to. That said, I hope those for whom it is just a fad, and who aren't either coeliac or intolerant, continue with the fad. The more they do then the greater the choice of gluten free foods I get at the supermarket!!

8. Blacker-than-Knight

Great sketch but not by Monty Python originally, appeared on a show called At Last The 1948 Show, this was performed by John Cleese, Graham Chapman, Marty Feldman and Tim Brooke Taylor, you can find it on YouTube.

9. Lord Jonjomort

Poof.

10. Captainchaos.

Try Tesco free from range

11. Albert's Chip Shop

Albert's Chip Shop Top Grafter
    Forum Moderator

He has just 20% of madrid.

12. jimileysbaldhead

jimileysbaldhead Well-Known Member

It's sh!te.

13. Captainchaos.

Excellent

14. Lord Jonjomort

"Free From" taste and enjoyment doesn't quite do it for me. Like a threesome with Abbott and May, the end result is the same, but the way I got there could have been a touch less vomit-inducing.

15. Captainchaos.

I don't require flavour I'm a real man

16. magpie290761

magpie290761 Well-Known Member

Good post, good to know, just in case, cheers