1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Aston Villa Vs Sunderland Match Thread

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by Brian Storm, Aug 28, 2015.

?

Outcome

Poll closed Aug 29, 2015.
  1. Villa

27.0%
  2. Sunderland

51.4%
  3. Draw

21.6%
  1. Sam_Fring

Sam_Fring Well-Known Member

Drop him, has to get the message that what he's producing isn't good enough to get in this team. Rod or Larsson can play next to Yann the Man.

JustMeMan likes this.
  2. JustMeMan

JustMeMan Well-Known Member

I don't think catts playing his game. Looks like a player heading out.

3. LAMackem

LAMackem Well-Known Member

Seems something wrong with Catts at the moment or just maybe it's that with better players coming in it's highlighting his deficiencies. He's off the pace and the two penalties he has given away are bordering on school stuff. This day and age in the Premier League you can't do them tackles outside the box never mind in it.

Like the look of the new lad when he came on. Tall, imposing figure with a nice touch. Think he will be a great compliment along side M'Vila......so your comment about Catt's "s**ting" his nappy........too right....lol

Dispicable_Tel likes this.
  4. ROBOJOHN

ROBOJOHN Active Member

Have been big admirer of Catts last couple of seasons, after initially not rating him but he,s off it somehow this season to now, think he,ll keep his place for now as we,ll need him and M,villa for spuds game. Rodwell I didn't,t even low was on the park 1st half watching it on TV, just can,t see him improving that much. Lens gets some good positions then fails to get ball past 1st marker, sort that and he,ll come good. Toivonen looked good in his spell for 1st time out, we still need a LB, maybe RB now as well & another striker, things at the moment are looking better now it,s down to all to push on

5. marcusblackcat

marcusblackcat SAFC Sheriff
    Forum Moderator

First pen at Leicester he was done by some very good skill. Today's he was just too impatient to get the ball. Silly challenge but I've seen people say "he made a back for him" from identical challenges elsewhere on the pitch! I'm not certain rodwell is the answer. Did Cattermole do anything else wrong today (didn't see the game)? Rodwell I didn't even know he was playing from commentary. Definitely not the answer. But I also dint want M'Vila forcing into a more defensive role. I'd rather it stays. Catts has given away 2 pens. Defoe had 2 good chances today and his touch was awful. Fletcher is just ****!!

6. MrRAWhite

MrRAWhite Well-Known Member

I have noticed that Catts is always off the pace for the first few games and have come to the conclusion that it has to be because he drinks too much during the summer break.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2015
  7. Brian Storm

Brian Storm Well-Known Member

8. Rick O'Shea

Rick O'Shea Well-Known Member

Ssshhh, you'll upset the Abertawe boyos.

MrRAWhite, grandpops and Brian Storm like this.