1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Barnsley Fans Annoy Johnson

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by wizered, Apr 24, 2017.

1. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

Lee Johnson admits to being disappointed by the Barnsley fans in Bristol City's 3-2 victory

The Robins' head coach hoped for better from the away supporters, although his team had the last laugh

We are almost there. By the time they face Brighton next Saturday evening at 5.30pm, they could be mathematically secure in the Championship.

The likelihood is that the Robins have already done enough to be safe after they beat Barnsley in thrilling fashion on Saturday.

Some 669 fans made the trip to the south west to cheer on the Tykes, but Lee Johnson wasn't pleased by the stick he received from the visitors.

"Yeah, I did hear them [the Barnsley fans singing at him] and I was pleased to get the result. I think I did a good job for that club, I think that some of the money that they've earned from the players that I bought in have got them success.

"Paul Heckingbottom is a fantastic coach, a real good young manager and he'll take them on but I feel that the work I did was a big transition and a turnover period.

"It [the stick he took from the Barnsley fans] was obviously not nice to hear, but it was pleasing to get the result because I want to make sure I do right for Bristol City."

Johnson went on to praise Barnsley's two wide players, Marley Watkins and Ryan Kent, who caused the Robins problems throughout the game.

And it was Johnson and his swashbuckling Bristol City side who, of course, had the last word, with Aden Flint climbing high to head home Jamie Paterson's corner, and the home fans in turn singing at the travelling fans.
    http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/lee-johnson-admits-being-disappointed-32523

Last edited: Apr 24, 2017
  2. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

Johnson is irritated by Barnsley fans having a go at him then he tries to take credit for both sides successes, he really is a some sort of (Remain Nameless) but I would say that wouldn't I.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2017
  3. Angelicnumber16

Angelicnumber16 Well-Known Member

Deserves everything he gets from City or Barnsley fans.

4. Red Robin

Red Robin Well-Known Member

Have you renewed your ST ??

5. Angelicnumber16

Angelicnumber16 Well-Known Member

I don't have a season ticket, but if I did then I certainly wouldn't be renewing it while he is in charge.

6. bcfcredandwhite

bcfcredandwhite Well-Known Member

I get irritated - no, bloody angry at times, but I don't really care who is in charge when we're winning - it's results and league position for me.
    LJ should expect stick from the Barnsley fans - it's what football fans do.

7. oneforthebristolcity

oneforthebristolcity Well-Known Member

We will be playing the likes of Sunderland, Leeds & Norwich in one of the best leagues in the world, why wouldn't you? You still throwing your toys out the pram cus LJ will still be in charge.....I don't see Jose, pep or anyone decent knocking on our door......You're either a City fan or you're not...I don't get it.

8. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

I guess I'm not a City fan anymore as well because I refuse to get a season card whilst we have Johnson jnr as manager, sad really.

9. bcfcredandwhite

I think that's sad Wiz - not in a sarcastic way - it's genuinely sad that a long standing long suffering fan will feel that way.
    We have shared the disappointments and frustrations along this season of underachievement. I called for Lee Johnson to go after the Cardiff defeat. He should have gone then - and I still stand by that.
    However, he didn't - and he has turned us around. Albeit not soon enough to make this season anything more than a disappointment, but we are ending the season in fine form and a defeat to Brighton on Saturday won't change it.
    Despite all this, when I do feel frustrated (often!) it's at Steve Lansdown and his stubbornness, rather than LJ. SL is the owner and employer here - LJ is just doing his best - which for a huge chunk of the season has been inadequate.
    I will continue to support the team whoever is in the dugout - although I may not agree with their being there.
    I am sorry you feel so strongly Wiz, but it's your money and your decision and I respect it <ok>
    I have never had a season ticket and manage about 6 games a season, so I will continue the way I have done.

10. oneforthebristolcity

Not really seeing the logic Wiz if I'm honest......I go down to watch the team (my club) play in the championship...like I said, possibly one of the best leagues in the world..makes no difference if Micky Mouse was in charge!! Just because I didn't like the manager at the Guinness factory, wouldn't stop me from drinking the stuff!!

11. raver

raver Well-Known Member

I was in Spain over Easter and had a few beers with a Barnsley fan I met. He really hated LJ because of the way he felt LJ abandoned Barnsley and joined us for the money after getting them into a strong position. He didn't just have a dislike but would have burnt his house down

12. oneforthebristolcity

What a nice guy!! :emoticon-0137-clapp

13. bcfcredandwhite

He must have loved LJ at first then and been angry to lose him - a woman scorned?????
    Naaaaaaa - we've got him!!!!

oneforthebristolcity likes this.
  14. framptonfrank

framptonfrank Active Member

Hi, I pridict that 99% of season ticket holders will renew their tickets, new season, new challenge, new hope, what else would we do on a Saturday afternoon?

oneforthebristolcity likes this.
  15. Red Robin

2/3 ooo have not renewed,I wonder why<doh>

16. smhbcfc

smhbcfc Well-Known Member

That Ryan Kent does look a good player though doesn't he (apologies for not mentioning LJ)

17. Supcon72

Supcon72 Well-Known Member

Are you sure it wasn't Red Robin putting on a Yorkshire accent?

18. RedorDead

RedorDead Well-Known Member

Not everyone thinks so, not bad amount considering it's still April.

IMG_0508.JPG

19. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

Red Robin likes this.
  20. Red Robin

Errrrrr 2000 down ROD -I have to say more have backed the club than I expected.
    But that is a big drop:emoticon-0138-think