1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Bournemouth v Swansea City

Discussion in 'Swansea City' started by Taffvalerowdy, Mar 14, 2017.

1. Taffvalerowdy

Taffvalerowdy Well-Known Member

upload_2017-3-14_13-3-2.png Bournemouth v Swansea City upload_2017-3-14_13-3-2.png

Barclays Premier League
    Date - Saturday 18 March 2017
    Kick off -17:30
    Venue - Dean Court

Following Saturday's hugely disappointing 1-2 defeat against relegation rivals Hull City, Swansea's next match is against Bournemouth who last Saturday gave their survival chances a huge boost with a battling 3-2 victory over West Ham.

Paul Clement knows that the Swans will need to bounce back and put in a battling performance at Dean Court - something that seemed lacking at times at the KCom Stadium.

Swansea and Bournemouth have played each other on 56 occasions, with Swansea winning 23, Bournemouth 22 & 11 draws.

When the clubs last met on New Year's Eve at The Liberty Stadium, Bournemouth ran out comfortable 0-3 winners in what turned out to be Alan Curtis' last home match as caretaker manager.

In the corresponding match last season, Bournemouth ran out 3-2 winners. Max Gradel slotted the home side in front after a cross was palmed into his path but Modou Barrow cut in from the right and curled in a shot to equalise.

Joshua King drilled in a strike to restore Bournemouth's lead, only for Gylfi Sigurdsson to fire in and level. However, Steve Cook headed in late on to clinch the win for the Cherries.

Turning to Saturday, whilst my heart says the Swans will draw 1-1, my head says that Bournemouth will win 3-1, thereby levelling the overall series between the 2 teams.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2017
    DragonPhilljack likes this.
  2. Stumpy

Stumpy Well-Known Member

If we can slow Bournemouth down we've got this one. Bournemouth will be nervous and its the kind of ground we can thrive in.

Bournemouth will be over confident after beating West Ham, imo the Hammers gave the game away against them. I watched the game and they were the better team but were too cocky.

We're going into the game stung from the Hull match. It will focus us on the task and I think Bournemouth are flattering to deceive. Hope I'm right Swansea 0 - 2.

3. seabreeze

seabreeze Well-Known Member

Sure hope Naughton and / or Llorente are available .
    If both aren't I'd like to see
    ......................................................................................................Fab

......... VDH .......................................Fernandez ............................................................Mawson .....................................................Olsson

................................Cork .........................................................................................................................Carroll

....................................................................................................Siggy

Routledge .....................................................................................................................................................................................Narsingh ..

....................................................................................................Fer
    Also , I'm not surprised by old timers Dyer and Rangel getting injured , being sent into play as a starter with not much playing time . We had no choice really but I'm just not surprised

4. swanseaandproud

swanseaandproud Well-Known Member

A draw will be a good result but to get even that we have to up our game as these guys are a better organized team than what Hull are imo.....We really cant afford to lose another game on the trot..

Stumpy and Taffvalerowdy like this.
  5. glamexile

glamexile Well-Known Member

We will do well to get a point but lets be optimistic 1-1

Stumpy and DragonPhilljack like this.
  6. neveroffsidereff

neveroffsidereff Well-Known Member

I'm hoping we get a point, 1-1 for me.

7. swanseaandproud

Your right it will be difficult and if we do lose then we will be in big trouble as if we are not already....

Taffvalerowdy likes this.
  8. DragonPhilljack

DragonPhilljack Well-Known Member

This is one of those must win games again, not sure after the Hull game what to expect from our boys, just hope Llorente makes the staring line up!........ <ok>

Taffvalerowdy and London_Jack like this.
  9. 55282

55282 Well-Known Member

Usual 2-1 Swans @ 10/1
    Head bet,two teams like to concede,going to be a cracker so 3-3 @ 40/1
    Alfie anytime @ 13/2.

10. DragonPhilljack

McBurnie should be on the bench in my opinion, just incase he's needed, and Kingsley should start at RB...............<ok>

11. seabreeze

seabreeze Well-Known Member

Olsson is out , so looks like Kingsley might be needed on the Left . Llorente's fit , so that a big positive . I still think we should start VDH on the right ( unless Naughton is fit ), or put him in as CB and start Fernandez on the right .

Last edited: Mar 16, 2017
  12. swanseaandproud

Lose and we probably will get relegated. A draw is something but not enough to make much of a difference and should results go against us then it will get harder to avoid the drop......Most of us assumed that after the loss at Chelsea we were going to make the next 4 winnable games count and we have not done very well at all and the probable reason is that we are now at the business end and all teams tend to up their game.....Bournemouth has been better than people expected and have done much better than us especially in the first half of the season so they are no mugs and at home they have the advantage........Clem has his work cut out and the players need to up their game because Bournemouth will at home.....Lose this and with just 8 games left then it is not looking good and we can give most of the bottom teams a point with our defence letting in the most goals.....This game is our most important game of the season so far and a MUST win game.....

13. ValleyGraduate12

ValleyGraduate12 Aberdude's Puppet
    Forum Moderator

This is a must not lose game.

DragonPhilljack and Stumpy like this.
  14. glamexile

glamexile Well-Known Member

I think lose and we will probably get relegated is a bit of a pessimistic view. I agree it wouldn't help the cause but with every round of games it's as much what the others around us do as much as anything. The only clear thing is if we lose then Bournemouth move further away from us. I will gladly take a point tomorrow and 3 against Boro which in my view is the 'must win game

15. swantastic

swantastic Well-Known Member

Last weeks balls up should have had us sitting prettyish but we're back to square 1 .5 again ! Lose today and it's going to be a dog fight to the finish !
    And we need to win convincingly with the more than tolerable ref decisions against us hammering us too !

16. Kifflom!

Kifflom! Well-Known Member

I can't see how losing this will relegate us but this will be a tough game and I'd take a point right now. Llorente is a massive, massive plus. If he wasn't available I seriously doubt Fer would have been pushed up front.

We have to keep it tight at the back but losing Olsson isn't good. 1-1 draw and that would be a decent result.

17. Stumpy

Stumpy Well-Known Member

Looking at this game as one of a set of four.

So far we're two games in to the four game set with a 3pts, 50% return. Not great but just enough to keep us in the fight.

If we earn a 1pt out of this game and win next week then that's 7pts from the 12 available, a 58% return; lower mid table form but still good enough to stay up. If we can maintain that form through the rest of the season then we'll achieve our 40pts and stay up.

If we win our next two matches then over the four games that's 9pts earned from a possible 12 and a 75% return, that's top 10 form.

So even if we lose today its not the end of the world as we can just about live with a 50% return on our games.

Bournemouth will be nervous because for them, its a must win game. They don't want to get drawn into a relegation battle and losing today will drag them nearer to a fight they thought they were well out of all season do they must be a little nervous. A draw will be a good result for us, not so for them. To get it we need to keep our shape and our discipline, basically keep our cool and go about out business imo.

Win lose or draw today it doesn't really matter because next week is the key game to our season. Win it and we're still be looking up, lose it and the world becomes a frightening place again, the diarrhea starts up and our focus changes to fearing the teams chasing us as we slosh around in the **** again. No pressure then <ok>

Last edited: Mar 18, 2017
  18. DragonPhilljack

1-2 win to the Swans is my prediction for today....................<ok>

seabreeze likes this.
  19. ValleyGraduate12

ValleyGraduate12 Aberdude's Puppet
    Forum Moderator

Hull losing and Sunderland and Palace drawing atm.

20. aswan_dam

aswan_dam Well-Known Member

Bournemouth are a tidy team - I'm preparing for the worst :-(

DragonPhilljack and seabreeze like this.