1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

#boycottspurs

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by Albert's Chip Shop, Apr 8, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lord Jonjomort

Lord Jonjomort Well-Known Member

No, fair point, there is no denying doing that is disgraceful. The point I was trying to make is that the club only has itself to blame for even allowing this level of unprofessionalism. Under John Carver, still the most likely future boss, TWO players have deliberately got themselves sent off. At more or less any other club, a player doing that would be instantly sold. At the very least, the manager would be sent packing.

I mean, it's another indictment of the club that we're persevering with this fcking goblin faced lump of turd.

2. Albert's Chip Shop

Albert's Chip Shop Top Grafter
    Forum Moderator

The telegraph have confirmed that NUFC are counting all ST holders as having attended even if they stay away.
    He will have to put carrboard cutouts on the seats too otherwise it will be embarassing for them to declare 40,000 and the stadium be half empty...

3. Albert's Chip Shop

Forum Moderator

4. JakartaToon

JakartaToon Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

He will probably use cardboard cutouts of himself. That way you can cover 2 seats with each cutout. To be honest I think a far better protest will be no one renewing their season tickets by the deadline. However have all respect for those who are not going in protest. Conversely have no respect for those who are not going as they are on corporate jollys in York and sold their tickets to somebody else:emoticon-0173-middl

5. Albert's Chip Shop

Forum Moderator

Some have to earn a living. :)
    It's tough putting on a professional persona whilst drinking booze.
    The odd time the mask does slip though.. Haha.

please log in to view this image

6. Rafa's Championship Party

Rafa's Championship Party Well-Known Member

If he puts one on my seat I'll rip it up <laugh>.

7. General Lee Speaking

General Lee Speaking Well-Known Member

It's the big day then. Just for the record, what is the objective of today's boycott? I just saw picture online of a van load of 'AshleyOut.com' flyers presumably to be handed out before the game. Is the objective to get Ashley to leave then? Or are these people hijacking a boycott aimed at achieving something else?

8. Darren Peacock’s Ponytail

Darren Peacock’s Ponytail Well-Known Member

To me the main mistake MA made was giving Pardew and all his cronies 6 (or was it longer>?) year deals - if he hadn't of done that I reckon they would have all gone a long time ago! As a self sustaining club we can't afford to pay them off! Which is why when we appoint a new manager we will still have the same crappy backroom staff and Carver!

9. Sidney Fiddler

Sidney Fiddler Well-Known Member

Good luck today ,
    Newcastle are a spearhead in the fight against tyrants that control the working mans game.
    Profit over any success , has become Sky's calling card ..
    Ashley the Comic fat Parasite is bleeding you , one of Britain's greatest clubs .
    We are in a similar position with a disinterested tax dodge billionaire owner Joe Lewis ,
    and his puppet micro slap head Levy . Our net spend over the last 6 years is the lowest in the Premier .
    This has been our Darkest Age in terms of silverware .
    Apathy and exceptance Ihas become the mindset of the new football fan .
    While the owners cream in the new TV money and pay themselves huge amounts .
    The result is irrelevant , who really cares ?

I am in complete admiration in your stand .

10. Albert's Chip Shop

Forum Moderator

Think it was 8 years mate.

11. Albert's Chip Shop

Forum Moderator

I think the twin objectives are actually to raise awareness and also to send a clear message to Mike that fans aren't happy and are prepared to act.

The media are now all over this so objective 1 has been achieved.

Mike has now abandoned the member only stance for tickets for this game and is putting positive noises out via players and media that we will try in the cups and invest heavily now.

Coincidence? Maybe.. But then again maybe not.

12. anyobrien

anyobrien Well-Known Member

Strange feeling getting up this morning. Thought to myself great Match day but then boycott time.I've had enough of this pissed pot club and as much as it kills me I ain't going into the ground....Father,uncle and cousin are but me and another 6 lads who sit in the East stand are not.....Will it make a difference? Who knows but we feel it's at the point now we're we just have to do something.....keep the faith,Ashley out!

Last edited: Apr 19, 2015
    Frank_Pingel_Legend likes this.
  13. Rafa's Championship Party

Rafa's Championship Party Well-Known Member

Personally I am going today but I hope it's a success and will keeping an eye on it to see how successful it is and to see whether any further boycotts happen, hopefully against West Brom or West Ham.

14. Albert's Chip Shop

Forum Moderator

Please report back mate if you can.
    I'd be interested to see what it is like inside in terms of atmosphere etc..

15. leez

leez Well-Known Member

give Ashley what he deserves and equals his ambition ..that is zero ...and same over and over again next season til this fat **** clears oot to cream off someother poor buggas

16. Beardsley's Rancid Sack

Beardsley's Rancid Sack Well-Known Member

Christ this bald **** will probably be there, spouting bollocks and of course, dressed accordingly:

please log in to view this image

17. General Lee Speaking

General Lee Speaking Well-Known Member

So the AshleyOut.com lot are hijacking it? I completely support people not going - I stopped going last season - but this event has the potential to be another circus with the protests, banners, flyers and web sites. I think there has been a lot of noise in the week locally, and in national press actually, about the boycott and it's more than I thought it would get so it will definitely see a substantially reduced crowd and those in charge will get the message. Whether they do anything about it is another matter.

18. JakartaToon

JakartaToon Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I need guidance. If we are not there because we are not in country are we allowed to watch it on telly, follow it on bbc live or on the Not606 thread. Think Carver is supporting the boycott - he's picked Gouffran.

19. leez

leez Well-Known Member

Seems loads still there.
    Ones who attended don't whinge on aboot Ashley's cause you's have supported him.

20. Sheikh_of_Araby

Sheikh_of_Araby Well-Known Member

Blistering atmosphere from those who are attending to support the team. Cracking.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.