1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Build A Bonfire Chairboys v Scum 27AUG16

Discussion in 'Wycombe' started by Guywanderer, Aug 26, 2016.

1. Guywanderer

Guywanderer Well-Known Member

It's that time of the year again! no not fire work night but for the first time in four and a half year our old foes from Essex visit Adams Park in what is sure to be a fiery encounter, this long awaited "derby" it all started at Loakes Park back in November 1985 when a fine 2-0 FA Cup triumph by the Chairboys was marred by the thugs from Essex, after that game it was five years until our next encounter when we again beat our rivals this time at AP and drew at dire road thus preventing our rivals returning to the Football League, this was a red rag to a bull for the scum when the following season the rivalry was really notched up when we both went head to head for the title and we lost out due to the scum doing the double over us delaying our rightful position in the Football League and as they say the rest is history.
    GA hopes to have PCH, Weston, O'Nien and Rowe all back from injury as well as Captain Hayes so it should be the strongest squad of the season with only Brown and Muller side lined, so his only headache will be who starts.
    I will be getting to AP early to avoid the excrement that will be all over the Hillbottom Road whether it has come from Essex or the many police horses that will be in attendance then a pint or 2 in the bar followed by an afternoon cheering the lads on to victory<ok>
    Build a bonfire, build a bonfire put the Scum on the top, put the franchise in the middle and burn the fracking lot :emoticon-0105-wink:

mowgli1960 likes this.
  2. mowgli1960

mowgli1960 Well-Known Member

JJ misses the game after picking up a knock in training,by the look of it Wood will play there,and Thompson starts again ffs!

3. Guywanderer

4. Guywanderer

5. mowgli1960

1 win in 12 league games is ****ing shocking! <grr> :steam: A lot of managers have been sacked with a better record than that, i still remember 1 win in 17 league games 2 seasons ago.

6. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

You can still get 12/1 for Wycombe to be relegated.

7. mowgli1960

I might have a punt on that Ron :(

8. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

While you're at it mowgli, they are top price 15/2 for promotion <yikes>. Has to be a sound lay. What could possibly go wrong?

9. nd_wwfc75

nd_wwfc75 Member

Just got home....that was bad. Colchester were bang average, we were bang below average. Our game plan was go to wide and whack a high ball in to Akin who is not exactly the tallest of players, and that was it. No one twos around the box, no attempts to dribble or create an opening by using some craft. No positives from that display, I think I'd give Sido and maybe Rowe a 7 out of 10, and the rest 6 at most. Saying all that, the ref didn't help matters.

I work with a Pompey fan and he said Col U were very poor last week and Pompey should have won by more, so I fear a bit for the season ahead.

10. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Doesn't sound too promising.Can Cowan Hall and Weston make that much difference when fit? I want to see how they get on when a full strength side clicks. But it seems to me as though something is wrong. I don't think the fans are making it any better. Look how Aston Villa crumbled when the fans turned on them. It must make the players not want to go on the pitch. I fear relegation is a real threat and am tempted to take the 12/1 currently on offer.

11. MunichDan

MunichDan Member

Greetings from Munich....
    Seems to me (from a distance at least) is that creativity, or the lack of it, is our biggest problem. Ainsworth keeps throwing new strikers at the problem but i seriously think anybody would have problems upfront in our team. The midfielders are all the same with the exception of PWC and Freeman (who doesnt even start) - they work hard but there is no flair.
    Are we in Year 3 of the plan? Is the target the playoffs? Forget that...not a hope. GA got lucky the year we should have been relegated and while he has done a good on limited resources, the style of play and lack of goals will do nothing to encourage fans back..what are we at now, probably down to a hardcore of 3000? I am not saying that he will or even should be sacked but i think this season could be a turning point if we go backwards in the plan.

Another thing that grips my s**t is everything is 'undisclosed' with WW - How much did we get for the Ibe deal? 2.5 million is banded around and if that is a reality then even a club in our financial situation should be able to invest 150K of that in better players. If it gets us to the playoffs then they pay for themselves.

Rant over.....

12. Guywanderer

Over a tenth of the season gone and all I can say about us is could do much better we are totally one dimensional long ball hoofers and without PCH and Weston we will struggle all season we knew about Weston being injury prone and it looks like Paris is developing along the same lines so if they are going to spend much of the season on the physio's table we need to bring in someone quick before the window shuts or else I can see a long season ahead at the wrong end of the table, marks out of ten so far the same as our points tally 5

Last edited: Aug 28, 2016
  13. philhythe

philhythe Well-Known Member

Whats not looking good away to Luton then Pompey

14. Guywanderer

We may be bottom of the table after those games Phil:emoticon-0101-sadsm

15. mowgli1960

I doubt Ainsworth can turn this season around to be honest with you,he wants us to play stone age tactics that is seeing our attendances go down every home game which for a skint club according to him and the chairman we cannot afford. I don't like jumping on a bandwagon but i can't see how Ainsworth can change things as he's too stubborn to change the way we play. 5 year plan my arse! What to play in the conference?
    Our strikers are old and not up to league 2 standard,Thompson is crap but still has a contract until the end of the season and Hayes is always injured but was given a 2 year contract <doh> We have become the new Stevenage under Westley and i am embarrassed about that as it seems are the majority of our fans.

16. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I forgot O'Nien is still out. He is arguably our best player. I'm reserving judgement until we can field all the players that Gareth signed in an attempt to make a difference. A few missing players can make a lot of difference, especially key players. Meanwhile if fans turn on the players and manager with abusive comments we have no chance of seeing any improvement in performance. I would have thought that having witnessed what effect some of the Villa fans had on their team we might back off or stay away and leave the support to those who will attempt to encourage the players, not destroy them. It is a sad state of affairs but the way some of the fans are carrying on I fear the worst. Neither the players nor the manager will want to be here. So much for "One Wycombe"

Guywanderer likes this.
  17. Guywanderer

We need those key players back quickly or bring in new players before the hole we are digging is too deep

18. Cardiff-Wycombe

Cardiff-Wycombe Well-Known Member

I think the 5 year plan was more financial as opposed to shark Hayes one of championship football. So to be financially secure and around the league two playoffs, I'm not sure how the Ibe transfer will affect this. Ainsworth can't do miracles and with all our creative players injured I'm not expecting much. However when onien, pch and Weston are fit I shall expect more, until then I will still be supporting the blues and Ainsworth.

Guywanderer and Ron like this.