1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Bullard

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by Hull City, Mar 5, 2011.

1. Tigga777

Tigga777 Member

sage'nonion why are you dragging me into your vendetta agin TWF?...for your info I have never ever said a bad word re AP and as for Brown well you should wash your mouth out with soap...I would spit on his grave...and you deserve a right royal stuffing for writing such rot..

2. TONY_WARNERS_FACE.

TONY_WARNERS_FACE. Well-Known Member

That video just reaffirms what I still think, I'm sure Jimmy appreciated he was being paid too much for a Championship player, but was there really any need to make him train in the reserves and alienate him from the club completely? I just think the situation could've been handled a lot better by AP, and a chairman with no past connection to the club may not have had his judgment clouded so much.

Who knows, maybe Jimmy may have took a pay cut if the decision wasn't made so early that he needed to go, I think it could've been the difference between us reaching the play-offs and just missing out.

3. Everhopefull

Everhopefull Member

Win Win for us if he stays or goes but at the end of the day its N Pearsons team and Im happy with his choices so far "KEEP THE FAITH"

4. TONY_WARNERS_FACE.

Do you not think there's something missing in midfield though? As I said in another thread it's the only area that's weakened as the season's gone on IMO.

From the outside looking in, especially after viewing that video, it seems as though there's an obvious rift between AP and JB, it's a crying shame it can't get sorted out, we've got one of the best players in the Championship and we're letting a great opportunity go to waste.

5. Chillo

Chillo Well-Known Member

Can't we burn him like a witch?
    Its as if he has been buried under a rock and hasnt heard of the state Bullard turned up to training a few times and his disruptive attitude and off field shennanigans. NP said it is obvious from his attitude that the player does not want to play for Hull City.
    How can you then suggest we should be playing him?
    Its as if TWF ignores these facts and just looks at Bullards potential and rates him purely on that. The dressing room spirit has gone up dramatically now both Ash and Bullard have left. It might have even been Mr Lamby who provided this info on another site. And i have no reason to disbelieve him.

6. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

I'm almost certain that if Jimmy had never joined Hull City, Ian Ashbee would still be a City player, he'd be a stone lighter and he might even still be married(sorry Ash).

7. Chillo

Chillo Well-Known Member

Of course there was a rift!!! Bullard was taking the piss on and off the pitch. He wouldnt move to Celtic for what was reasonable wages which would have helped us get through what was looking like financial meltdown heading for administration or even liquidation.
    His whole attitude stunk. If you were chairman you would have acted exactly the same.
    Were you living under a rock early season? And some of his performances stunk.
    He didnt prove to be the player you reckon he is. He wont/cant tackle and a lot of his passes were backwards or sideways.

8. TONY_WARNERS_FACE.

I can honestly say I wouldn't have acted the same way, it didn't make business sense. Clearly Bullard didn't want to move to Celtic, he had a right to stay here and he took it, but who the hell was going to come for him after AP criticised him in the press and then shut him out of the preseason?

It just didn't make sense, and even if his attitude wasn't the greatest, if the club wanted to move him on they should've acted differently because all they ended up with was a demotivated player on £45k a week, and had to settle for a poor deal with Ipswich. I honestly don't think he'll play for us again, but I wish he and the club could come to an agreement wherein that was possible.

9. Chillo

Chillo Well-Known Member

His attitude was that bad that Barmby had a fight with him.
    You obviously werent aware that Bullards attitude made him unplayable and he was basically sticking two fingers up to us as a club at a time where we needed as many high earners off the wage bill as possible. Even subsidised. Instead he put himself first and wouldnt go to Celtic unless he was paid even more than what he was getting here. Pure greed.
    He was prepared to go if the money was right.
    Did you not read the many warnings from Fulham fans when we were about to sign him? We took them as sour grapes.
    And when you say "his attitude wasnt the greatest" if what i am told is true then his attitude was in danger of infecting the dressing room and he needed to be isolated for that reason.
    Nothing to do with business sense.

10. TONY_WARNERS_FACE.

I just find it strange how he can play well and get along fine at every club he's at apart from here, makes me think it's not all him.

As for Barmby having a fight with him, Barmby should be more professional. I get the feeling Barmby thinks he's "Mr Hull City" and is bigger than the club, when really he's justn an average player who runs around like a headless chicken and knackers himself out. From a footballing perspective the team would be better off with Bullard than Barmby IMO.

I read some warnings from Fulham fans, but all football fans these days have a policy of pretending a player is **** as soon as they leave.

11. postmantwat

postmantwat Member

i dont think there would be a single city fan that would deny that a fit an football focused bullard would make us a stronger team,but i think it was there for all to see to quote the tango man that he was neither for the last 12 months or so.my own personal opinion is that we are better off with out him an i believe that AP has done nothing but act in the best intrests of the club in both his spells at the club,yes he's made mistakes but i doubt theres single chairman in the football leaue that aint made the odd error or two....lets just be thankful ken bates aint in charge!!lol

12. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

If Bullard had the passion and commitment of Barmby, then he would never have been shipped out.

Jimmy has a turned a couple of games in our favour, Barmby has turned a couple of dozen and continues to do so(including our last game).

I saw Bullard as the most exciting signing our club had ever made(along with Okocha), but he lost the plot while injured and turned from a hero to a zero. He's a great laugh on a night out, but as a City fan I could never forgive him for the state he got himself into, as I think it delayed his return to the field.

To be fair to him, I never saw him get messy when he was in the squad, but I think his antics delayed him from returning to the squad and if you're going to get wasted and you're on £45k a week, it's probably best to do your drinking out of town.