1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Bullard's at Ipswich...

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by jayc89, Jan 26, 2011.

1. Nick HCAFC

Nick HCAFC Active Member

He's thirty-two now, it's better we look to the future. I hate to state the obvious but the only thing we have achieved since he turned up is relegation, and he can't cover ground or tackle any more so is a luxury player or impact sub so for 45grand a week he's not worth it.

2. goldentruetiger

Sad state of affairs... I would like to see NP give Jimmy some responsibility and a secure place in the team. I think senior team members like hime need to bring more to the organisation than great football. His attitude does need sorting and he needs to be given the chance to do that - it might calm him down a bit?
    There's no point in having a fit JB on the bench, its like having a Porsche in the garage and driving a mini (James Harper) around.
    If things aren't to change then he needs to go and get match time in preparation for our assault on the BPL next season.
    True - we are getting a good midfield line together but he is still easily the best in the championship and HE's OURS!

3. PLT

PLT Well-Known Member

That's not true I'm afraid. When he signed he'd had one bad knee injury, as a hell of a lot of players do. It's like saying Aaron Ramsey, Dexter Blackstock or Hatem Ben Arfa are injury prone crocks.
    He only got this reputation of being injury prone whilst he was with us by getting 3 or 4 more knee injuries (one of them very serious) and people have managed to turn that into him being injured for years before we signed him. Some people even say he was injured when we signed him.

4. Boothferry2Wembley

Boothferry2Wembley Well-Known Member

This did in fact come from a two bit, mickey mouse, rumour site.

Hull Daily Mail.

5. St-Louis Tiger

St-Louis Tiger Active Member

the story i've heard is that Duffen was well aware that Bullard was already injured when we signed him but pushed it through because he got to line his pockets from the deal (agent/broker fees etc it's all too dodgy to understand).
    Only a rumour my dad's mate's sister's taxi driver heard though :emoticon-0138-think or something like that.

6. PLT

PLT Well-Known Member

I realise this is only a rumour, but why would Bullard have played against West Ham if he knew he had a dodgy knee and was about to suffer a horrific injury? Of course he didn't. You're gonna have to have words with your dad's mate's sister's taxi driver ;)

7. jayc89

jayc89 Well-Known Member

Wouldnt it be good if we offered Ipswich Bullard for Connor Wickham!

8. St-Louis Tiger

St-Louis Tiger Active Member

that'd be great but i suspect we'd have to stick about £4m on top to pull it off.

never mind Wickham i'd swap them Bullard for a pork pie at the moment (that's probably more 'like for like' than Wickham too) anything to get him off the wage bill and away from our youngsters, who he sets a fine example for...

9. jayc89

jayc89 Well-Known Member

I wouldnt put anything past the Pearsons, they seem to have whipped the team into shape fairly well. And Jewell is a bit of a numpty to be fair lol :)

10. dem_on

dem_on Member

I personally can't wait to see the back of JB.He was a waste of money and would be delighted if he went to Preston to "Buddy" up to Phil Brown who allowed him to do as he liked whilst he was the manager.Both men were detrimental to the well being of the Tigers and I would like to see Brownie manage a team to relegation before he gets sacked again and Bullard to remain on the rubbish heap not playing first team soccer for the Tigers ( or any other team) ever again .

11. prideofyorkshire

I completely agree with you. Not to mention we'll be footing half of his wages if he goes to Ipswich. I'd much rather we were benefitting from his services, then send him on loan somewhere, pay half his wages and see him doing well. No champ club will want to foot all of his wages, so even if he spends the rest of this season on loan i doubt there'll be any bids in for him come the summer. I say play him or sell him, a loan seems pointless IMO.

12. N

N Active Member

Just been on SSN.

Will be completed in next 24hrs.

13. djblackandamberarmy(No 4)

im not surprised ipswich are happy, best midfielder in the championship for 15 k a week, while some mugs continue to pay him 30k..

14. roary_the_tiger

roary_the_tiger New Member

I was happy enough to see him disapear up to Celtic, but this is a joke. 30k a week to pay him to play at Ipswich and he wouldnt take the Celtic move, where he would have won something.

15. Tigers 1 Lions 0

Tigers 1 Lions 0 Active Member

Looks like this is an inevitibility from the City perspective....
    - Adam not keen on Bully's attitude & finance package
    - Nigel not convinced he's trying hard enough to get in his side
    - Releasing extra funds (so long as its not money back to Bartlett) will help afford other options
    - Got too many midfielders now
    - Concerns over his 'highlife' influence on other team members has been mentioned by others on various boards

All depends on whether Jewell can convince his Chairman to take the finantial risk (would not be happy if he came back injured to us with us having to pay his full salary again), and is Bully really bothered about going (ala Celtic).

At least Ipswich are not at this point a play off club. Definately not happy if he went to another Club competing against us for play off spots

Sad to see him move as I hoped Bully would be the difference for us in this league to win games.

16. ImperialTiger

ImperialTiger Well-Known Member

He might have won the league cup if he'd got his finger out!

17. Erik

Erik Well-Known Member

Thank God he's going. I'm absolutely gutted that we're going to be paying out £30k a week for somebody who is playing elsewhere, but he was just a distraction for the rest of the team.

18. ImperialTiger

ImperialTiger Well-Known Member

He must be extremely disruptive if Ipswich are only paying £10k pw of his wages.

http://www.thisishullandeastriding.co.uk/sport/HULL-CITY-Tigers-set-fund-Bullard-bargain-Ip-switch/article-3151794-detail/article.html

19. Dutch Tiger

Dutch Tiger Member

Pearson is blatently not a fan of Jimmy & his antics, and i'm the same. I believe we have a better midfield playmaker in Robert Koren who i would also argue is the best midfielder in the championship. It may sound harsh but it'll be interesting to watch the Ipswich fans excitement soon turn to disappointment when they see what he truly is.

20. prideofyorkshire

I don't think it's fair for people to comment on his 'antics' unless they know him personally or have seen his 'antics'. A lot of what we have to go by is the bloody hull daily mail which prints a load of ****e. For whatever reason Nige ain't happy with him but who in their right mind would pay 25k+ a week for a player of Jimmy's quality to play for another club. It's not logical. I do agree with you about Koren though, i really rate him and he'd be even better if we stopped sticking him on the right and played him in the centre. If jimmy goes then i wanna see either Harper or Ash dropped, Koren playing in his actual position, and somebody else on the right, maybe Garcia when he's fit.