1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Burton v QPR ( Friendly )

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by QPR999, Jul 26, 2016.

1. peter1954qpr

peter1954qpr Well-Known Member

That's 90 minutes of my life I won't get back, it's going to be a long cold winter

2. Kilburn

Kilburn Well-Known Member

I only watched 10 mins - that late shot from Chery seemed to sum our performance up.

3. Didley Squat

Didley Squat Well-Known Member

For the late arrivals .................
    For the uneducated ..............
    Foe those in the back block of life ...........
    For me.
    What was the final score, analysis?

4. Sooperhoop

Sooperhoop Well-Known Member

I haven't got a clue what our best side would be as everyone seems to be way off the pace and, as for a team, we are absolutely shyte. If this is where pre-season has got us then something is seriously wrong with our coaching and tactics. JFH wanted a high-tempo pressing game, what we've got is a directionless mess.

Even with a mental owner and all their other problems Leeds will piss all over us and it'll be live on Sky...<grr>

5. qprbeth

qprbeth Wicked Witch of West12
    Forum Moderator

1-1...not a loss...so that at least is good
    Interesting to see what happens on Saturday against Watford, in which I think he will play his full first team from the start for about 60 minutes

I predict we will get hammered...and then he will play his subs...and we will get hammered some more.

Oh dear I'm going too

Didley Squat likes this.
  6. Kilburn

Kilburn Well-Known Member

Unfortunate the Burton player who apparently just signed for them yesterday had to be helped off the pitch after a late challenge.

7. Totallyqpr

Totallyqpr Well-Known Member

If you didn't watch this you are well lucky. Right now I feel like a slug in a salt mine.
    Connor?

8. Hoops Eternal

Hoops Eternal Well-Known Member

I too am going to the Watford game Saturday and I'm sure the C&S burger will be the highlight of my day as usual

9. hammersmith junior

hammersmith junior Well-Known Member

We need some new players in now ffs,that was truly pathetic.We need a playmaker,wingers and a striker or 2. If we don't get them,we're in real trouble this season !

10. Sooperhoop

With the change to the 'emergency' loan rule this season I predict some serious panic-buying if we lose our early games, this current squad is bottom-six...

11. Bush Rhino

Bush Rhino Well-Known Member

I would say they are constantly played in different formation with different players because JFH is looking for something he can't seem to find. Consistency of performance, consistency in training, consistency in the man to your left and the man to your right.

He's in trouble, he knows it and he's really fecking desperate find a solution in his squad that he's got to experiment to have done that so close to the start of the season. Playing trialists looks desperate at this stage also.

We look like a club that's gone bust, I joked at the start of the thread that we pay Sandro Megabucks but can't stream a preseason game or two for the fans, we used to do it but the money has gone, we are giving trialists a game at the back end of July in public because the money has gone. The real issue is why not just make Sandro play football, if he's fit enough for U21's then stick him in. If we can't play him next to Doughty because the wage difference pisses off the dressing room, then we are being held hostage by precious little minkies who are cheaper by the dozen but render a valuable asset worthless.

10 Games, no excuses Les & Jim have a make or break start. Bugger it up and they have to go. Not sure about Hoo's either at the moment.

rangercol likes this.
  12. Bush Rhino

Bush Rhino Well-Known Member

Despite half this board still thinking Phoney will come good, Leeds don't have a fecking clue what a mental owner looks like.

I did notice our last owners "Sexy Young" Brazillian wife's mother has just been "Kidnapped" they are demanding £36.5m or Bosingwa as we call it. Poor dear.

13. Sooperhoop

When you shop at Poundland you're guaranteed shyte. If we saw some sort of organisation or passing game you'd think we were improving, we're not. How long have we been unable to string three passes together? I'm going to lie down in a darkened room...

14. Sooperhoop

Do the kidnappers know how tight Bernie is? Ma-in-Law is toast...<laugh>

Bush Rhino likes this.
  15. Hertfordshire Qpr

Hertfordshire Qpr Active Member

Anyone who watched that game tonight and believes we won't flirt with relegation need there head checking.

We need some serious investment in attacking players NOW, no more crap from lower leagues and sign some decent players ffs.

As some one said on another forum, these are self imposed austerity measures, I don't buy this FFP nonsense anymore.

We will not survive with this level of investment in the squad...

16. MKRanger71

MKRanger71 Active Member

I think I may need to revisit my prediction score for Leeds and Swindon games

17. ELLERS

ELLERS Well-Known Member

Don't worry we can't judge him until he has had a season with his own team. <doh>
    He has had plenty of time to address the winger/striker situation, but once again we go into another campaign short. Plenty of players out there, you just need decent scouts to find them and a chairman to put his hand in his pocket.

18. Turkish" Premier" Hoops

Turkish" Premier" Hoops Well-Known Member

<yikes> :emoticon-0104-surpr:emoticon-0104-surprSo basically in a nutshell what ya'll saying is, that missing the game and sitting in a layby in Coventry eating pie and chips was the better option !!!!!

19. acricketer

acricketer Well-Known Member

Chris Ramsey? Anybody?

20. Didley Squat

Didley Squat Well-Known Member

Thank you Beth for the update and thanks Hammer for your analysis.
    Sounds like we may need some to motivate somewhat and that is a concern.