1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Business to be done next week?

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by originallambrettaman, Feb 22, 2011.

1. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

It's all gone a bit quiet on the loan player front, but I wonder if we'll see some action next week.

Monday is the first day when an emergency loan player can be signed and can remain with the loaning club right through to the play-off final, as there's a 93 day emergency loan limit.

I suspect this is why we haven't heard anything recently, if we're going to make any additions next week is the ideal time to do it.

2. Sagegee

Sagegee Active Member

noticed in the Fail they are talking up the possibility of us trying to keep Guzan along with Mannonne! If that happens we won't have any loan spaces left, I think

3. HC

HC Active Member

I think until Guzan goes back or doesn't we won't see any loan signings.

4. CumbrianTiger

CumbrianTiger Member

name a position you would strengthen or need anyone atm? I dont think anyone will come in.

5. Febbos

Febbos Well-Known Member

Cover/replacement for Dawson?

6. originallambrettaman

Staff Member

There's no limit on emergency loan signings, we could sign another 50 players if we so wished.

The only limit, is the amount of loan players we can name in any matchday squad, which is five.

7. Sagegee

Sagegee Active Member

sorry, OLM, I stand corrected.
    Then, I think we should be looking for a bit more cover at the back.
    Can you think of any young players at the "top/Sky 4" that could fit the bill OLM?

8. originallambrettaman

Staff Member

The extent of Stewart's injury may have some effect on where we look to strengthen.

We already know that Pearson was looking to strengthen on the left, Greening tops the list, maybe we're still working on getting him. Not only is a good player, but he's versatile, being able to play on the wings and in the middle. I think we are a bit weak in the middle, we lose Evans or Harper(or both), then we look very light weight, this may also be addressed in the next week or so.

The five man matchday limit will prevent us from looking at a lot of additions, but I expect at least one, possibly two.

9. disquietTiger

disquietTiger Active Member

I've been thinking recently that if we make-up good ground on the promotion places, maybe we will see a signing to help us really make a push for play-offs. But if we carry on in current form and keep improving but never really catching up, I think the Pearsons will be happy with what we have.

I also think they'd like to keep a match day loan space free incase we have any further injuries, or perhaps Belaid might not be able to film Stewart's shoes while he is out, im sure he will though, but if not, perhaps a wide man/attacking midfielder.

10. Elliott's Cartwheel

I was thinking we might go for another winger if Stewart is out long term, but Pearson might be happy enough with Garcia returning from his injury. I'd like to think Koren, Belaid and Devitt would be selected ahead of him and he could provide further cover.

11. granthull5

granthull5 Member

Is the kightly deal dead now?

12. StrovolosTiger

StrovolosTiger Well-Known Member

Do you think we view the loan market as a "Try-Before-You-Buy" thing?

To me that is the best way of utilizing the Loan Market. Players then know they are playing for something as they will inevitably know what the situation is before they come in and therefore have additional motivation. For us, we benefit from better performance and the chance to see how a player fits in before we buy outright.

Personally, I hope we sign Gerrard in the Summer, but if we don't I think we should go back for Ayala, although I'm pretty sure Hobbs will come in permananetly whatever happens. I would saw off my left testicle with a blunt rusty spoon if we could persuade Mannone to come in permanently as well but his cotract will be a real problem. As for Evans, I think if we get another ugly tough mean motherfucker like Ash :)emoticon-0136-giggl) and we sign Evans permanently , we will have a very stron midfield next season.

Sorted!!

13. originallambrettaman

Staff Member

If the stories about Stewart being out for 6-9 months are correct, then the likelihood of an additional winger increases.

I'm sure we're trying to loan players that we think we might be able to secure permanently and so far it seems to be working quite well.

I'll be surprised if we get Mannone or Ayala, but I think Hobbs is fairly likely and Cardiff are likely to blow the play-off's, so we should be able to keep Gerrard.

14. H-D

H-D Active Member

Greening is an ideal signing, like some other poster's have said, we need cover if Harper was to get injured again. Also versatile. Replacing Stewart shouldn't be a priority, let's be honest Koren, Garcia, Belaid and Devitt are all capable of playing wide even if it isn't their first choice position.

On the subject of Guzan, I'm not sure we need to extend his loan. He's done a good job but would surely be second choice when Mannone returns from injury. Duke is good enough to come in as number 2

15. HullTigerSteve

HullTigerSteve Active Member

granthull5
    Is the kightly deal dead now?

Read today that Kightly is beginning light training next week after havign last 15 months out. That reason alone should be that the Kightly deal was always a non starter.

16. Tigers 1 Lions 0

Tigers 1 Lions 0 Active Member

Agree with that.... also Big Mac is stating on BBC that he wants him out on loan for a month or so & to come back for last 7 games of season... so not going to happen

17. dem_on

dem_on Member

We desperately need another left back Dawson runs up the yellow cards quite quickly as he gets slower and slower each season.Whether Dawson stays as first choice is irrelevant if he is carrying a suspension or two before the season end .

18. tigercity

tigercity Well-Known Member

Shakey said the swelling isn't too bad on young Cam's knee so 6-9 months hopefully won't happen..

If there's one player that I'd be making a case for to the Allams if I were NP it would be Gerrard - captain in the making and best CB since Turner

19. GLP

GLP Well-Known Member

Agreed. Maybe better than Turner.

20. Tigerned

Tigerned Active Member

Recall Kilbane, he's brilliant at left back and wing <whistle>