1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Business to be done next week?

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by originallambrettaman, Feb 22, 2011.

1. webmason

webmason Member

just to add my tuppence to the Kightly rumour. I believe he's got the same knee problem that I have, namely patella tendonitis. It's the same thing that kept Owen Hargreaves out for 2 years. I've just had surgery on mine and my surgeon expressed surprise that Manchester United included Hargreaves in their 25 man squad at the beginning of the season. He said that if it had been up to him, he wouldn't have done. Going by that same logic, I'd be very dubious about Kightly, even if he was available and "fit". I know that I've got another 9 months before I can even start to think about playing again, and even then, that's a big if.

2. Gone For A Walk

Gone For A Walk Well-Known Member

No way! He's steady enough at this level but he's not a Michael Turner.

3. RicardoHCAFC

RicardoHCAFC Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

He shouldn't have been surprised really. They didn't have more than 25 players that needed to be included on the list to play* so there was no benefit to leaving him out of it.

*Making a complete mockery of the press coverage of the impact the rules would have I think there were only about 4 or 5 players in the whole of the PL that were going to be left out of squads, and Man City were the main cause of that with 2 or 3 going out on loan before the deadline to avoid the problem.