1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Can we make up the 10 points from 13 games???

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by westandtiger, Feb 23, 2011.

1. westandtiger

westandtiger Member

Can we make up the 10 points from 13 games?

It is a strange league but the top 4 teams look likely to battle it out for the 2 automatic positions leaving 8 teams to battle for the remaining 2 play off places.

I think QPR are up barring a disaster, Forest look good for their money but we could undo some of that when we play them at theirs of course. Cardiff always faulter and we have them next at the KC and Swansea never quite make it although I would like to see either them of Cardiff in the prem if we don't get there.

This leaves Norwich, TWS, Leicester and the mighty Tigers, Burnley and Reading. Cannot see Millwall or Watford having the consistancy to get there so I have left them off my 8 team list.

There will be many twists and turns along the way and indeed it could be the mighty Tigers who reach the 6th spot but in all honesty I think we are more likely to create the chance for leicester to get 6th by beating or at least taking points from the teams around us like Watford, Millwall, Burnley and Norwich.

Wins against QPR, Cardiff, Forest and Swansea added to those possibly gained from those around us and you never know how the table will look.

I love the championship for this very reason, on a good day we can beat anyone, on a bad day, anyone can beat us and in 3 months the table can change so dramatically...1 loss in 18, here is to one loss in 31 and a play off place.

UTT

2. Amin Yapusi

Amin Yapusi Well-Known Member

I'd rather the Welsh didn't get promoted but hey ho.

3. Sagegee

Sagegee Active Member

Problems with sheep?
    You should have checked with Taff she wasn't his girlfriend!

4. 1990-TigerSince95

1990-TigerSince95 New Member

whats this about cardiff aplauding our fans in 2007 i saw it on footymad does anyone know? sounds interesting

as for 10 points from 13 we are more than capable but if we dont take ponits of the people oround us then we dont really deserve to go up... Burnley is the big one for me as they have two games in hand over us and if they win all 3 they will be about 7 points above us

5. YoungCityTiger

YoungCityTiger New Member

definately with the games coming up a big chance to stake our claim,win against millwall,watford, and as mentioned burnely would be very handy, and getting a result at forest away would be brilliant, since they a very good record at home.The points are there for the taking.

6. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

If current form continued to the end of the season, we'd finish on 75 points, which wouldn't be enough to get us into the play-off's(7th/8th) and Burnley would finish on 70 in 9th.

QPR 90
    Forest 87
    ------------
    Swansea 85
    Cardiff 82
    Leicester 82
    Norwich 77

7. Nick HCAFC

Nick HCAFC Active Member

I said all along that we would just miss out this year, now I'm not so sure. We are still improving and I'm not sure the teams above us are.

8. ImperialTiger

ImperialTiger Well-Known Member

It was penultimate game of the season. City won 1-0 and the result relegated Leeds, much to the amusement of the Cardiff supporters.

Report can be found here City relegating Leeds although there's no mention of the above.

9. MattTheTiger

MattTheTiger Well-Known Member

Shame it doesn't mention that the result relegated leeds

10. Happy Tiger

Happy Tiger Well-Known Member

Cardiff despise TWS as much as us, was funny tbh.