1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Canary Prediction League 2014 - 2015

Discussion in 'Norwich City' started by royalbarclayfan, Jul 30, 2014.

1. royalbarclayfan

royalbarclayfan Well-Known Member

Afternoon all, firstly this is NOT the prediction thread for the Wolves game, that will appear separately sometime this weekend. This is a run through of the format for this year, and if one of the mods would be so kind as to ´sticky´ this, before it drifts too far down the page, it would give everyone a chance to familiarise themselves with it, before we start - thank you.

General

Welcome to this year´s CPL. I´ve decided to combine last year´s CPL and LINE-UP prediction threads onto one thread this year, but at the same time, keeping them separate, for any who want that. I´ll try and keep it as clear and as concise as I can, but there´s a lot to get through so please bear with me.

There will be 8 predictions to make each game, plus an optional extra. They will be split into two groups, each worth a maximum of 30 pts. You can predict as much or as little as you like, but naturally I´m hoping as many as possible will predict as much as possible.

Group A is much of last year´s LINE-UP while Group B is last year´s CPL
    A) predict starting eleven, bench, City´s shots on target, and City´s corners
    B) predict HT score, FT score, 1st City scorer ( + optional extra), and City´s match possession

The above will apply to all games, League and Cup, home and away.

Scoring

Scoring is as follows:

each correct line-up prediction - 1 pt, all 11 correct - 1 extra pt
    each correct bench prediction - 1 pt, all 7 correct - 1 extra pt
    correct City shots on target - 5 pts, (+/- 1) - 2 pts
    correct City corners - 5 pts, (+/- 1) - 2 pts

correct HT/FT scoreline - 5 pts
    correct HT/FT result (W/L/D) - 2 pts
    correct 1st City scorer - 5 pts
    If predicted player scores any time other than 1st - 2 pts
    if predicted player scores an o.g - minus 2 pts
    opt. extra: predict 1 City player who you think will score 2 or more goals
    if correct - 10 pts if not correct - minus 2 pts
    correct City match possession - 5 pts, (+/- 1 %) - 2 pts

New

Something new this year will be that we will all have the use of a ´Joker Card´, which you can signify with a (J), and which you can play once in every game against the prediction you feel most confident with. If your Joker prediction is then correct, you will double up on the points you would normally have scored on that particular prediction. You can play the Joker anywhere, including the line-up and bench, where you can either Joker predict a single player or the whole line-up or bench if you so choose. But please for your own sakes, make it clear where you want to play it, because if I can´t decipher the hieroglyphics, I can´t give you any points. If you decide not to use your Joker for 3 weeks, and then expect to be able to play 3 of them in the next match, I´m afraid you won´t be able to - If you don´t play your Joker at any time, then they are forfeited. There´s no extra penalty if a Joker prediction is wrong, for ex. if you play your Joker against 1st City scorer, and he scores an o.g your score will be minus 2 pts as normal, not minus 4, and the same applies if you play it against a City player to score 2 or more goals, if he doesn´t, it´s still only minus 2 pts.

Tables, Promotion/Relegation, Predictor of the Month

This year there will be an A-League (Line-up) Table, a B-League (Score) Table, and a Combined League Table, and the amount you decide to predict will determine whether you appear in all 3 tables or just the one. The number of predictors will also determine how many divisions there are in each league. The A and B-League tables will hopefully be posted and updated once a week, the Combined Table, once a month, and at the end of the year, there will be awards for the A-League Champion/ Runner-Up, B-League Champion/ Runner-Up, and the Combined League Champion/ Runner-Up.

Promotion/Relegation will take place at the end of each month, as long as we have more than one division in either league. Both the A and B-League will have 20 predictors in each division, and promotion/relegation will follow the classical format of top 3 - up, bottom 3 - down, irrespective of points.

The top A and B-League scorers each match will have 2 pts added to their score, and at the end of each month there will be a `Predictor of the Month´ award for each league, to whoever has top scored the most times during the month. If several have top scored an equal number of times, then total points scored during the month will decide it. If they still can´t be split, then there will be joint winners. The `Predictors of the Month´will also have 2 pts added to their score.

Odds

If there are any who start predicting and at a later stage, for whatever reason decide to stop, then I´ll keep them going with a score that is 1 less than the day´s lowest points score ( though minimum 0) for the next 5 games. But if they haven´t returned by then, they will be dropped from the tables.

The following 20 from last year´s CPL - oldcanariesfan, DHCanary, Kent canary, ColkOfTheBarclay, Tomatoehead, Bravo_Win_or_Die, BillyNCFC, rbf, dan2002dp, JediCanary, NCFC Dorset Branch, General Melchett, RiverEndRick, canarie-chippy, WareCanary, Tony_Munky_Canary, danary, KillerCanaryKris, canary-dave, barclayenddan - will make up the B-League Premier Division at the start of the season, as long as they predict the Wolves game, if any don´t then their place will be taken by others on a ´first come first served´ basis.

There will have to be an earlier Deadline Time than the old CPL´ers are used to, to accomodate the line-up and bench predictions, so BEWARE. Any editing is naturally permissible up until Deadline Time. The time between Deadline Time and match start can also be used for any final tinkering if absolutely necessary, though naturally not ones line-up or bench predictions.

I think I´ve covered all bases, but experience tells me that I probably haven´t, so I´m quite prepared to field any queries if there are any. You can either put them on here or send me a PM.

Thanks - and I hope to see all the old boys from previous years, and plenty of new faces as well, when we get under way.

rbf :)

2. Tony_Munky_Canary

Tony_Munky_Canary Well-Known Member

Sounds cracking to me RBF, thanks for taking this on again - sounds like you've created a hell of a lot of work for yourself, but I suspect that you might be relishing the challenge!

I'm going to try to get all my predictions in at least a day before the kick-off and avoid my usual last minute entries!

Bring it on!!

<ok>

3. royalbarclayfan

<cheers> Munky, in fairness I think it does sound more complicated than it may turn out to be, once it gets running. One thread to post each match instead of two, fixed, rather than variable predictions each week, all lessens my load a bit, more work on the tables I know, but that´s it really, so, as you say, bring it on! :)

4. Resurgam

Resurgam Top Analyst
    Staff Member

Does that mean we have to register an interest RBF, or will you just add us when we predict?

5. royalbarclayfan

Absolutely no question of registering Resurgam, but naturally the more who are interested the better, as the chances are, they´ll also predict. Everyone will be added, as and when they appear.<ok>

6. Resurgam

Resurgam Top Analyst
    Staff Member

Thanks RBF <cheers>

7. goldeneadie

goldeneadie Well-Known Member

Never entered this before but intend to get involved this season. The first couple of team/bench guesses could be wildly inaccurate for all.

8. General Melchett

General Melchett Well-Known Member

General

Welcome to this year´s CPL.
    I´ve decided to combine last year´s CPL and LINE-UP prediction threads onto one thread this year, but at the same time, keeping them separate, for any who want that. I´ll try and keep it as clear and as concise as I can, but there´s a lot to get through so please bear with me.

Thanks very much, I look forward to more midtable mediocrity this season, (though not from NA and the boys!):laugh:

Bah!

9. RiverEndRick

RiverEndRick Well-Known Member

I was wonder why you've been fairly quiet over the summer RBF. Now I know. Must have taken a while to work all that out! <cheers>

10. royalbarclayfan

Afternoon Rick , yes, must admit I was fairly preoccupied with this during the summer :), but as I explained to Munky, I think it sounds an awful lot more complicated than it will be in practice, and it´s nearly always more difficult writing something down so that it is easily understandable to everyone, than it is, just having an idea in ones head.