1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Cancelling membership

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by TurkeyTeeth™, May 15, 2017.

1. southerntiger

southerntiger Well-Known Member

Mine was quite early when I realised they were getting a substantial interest rate on their "gift to the community".

2. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

3. Chazz Rheinhold

Chazz Rheinhold Well-Known Member

Well you thought a membership scheme was a better idea. Thems the rules of one

DMD likes this.
  4. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

You should be able to cancel ahead of the next season if the price of your seat goes up, without being charged next seasons price.

There's a whole load of the membership scheme that isn't what was presented to us ahead of its launch.

5. dennisboothstash

dennisboothstash Well-Known Member

That was always the rule
    You signed up to a two month blank check because it said in the terms they could put it up at any time
    ****...but he signed up to it

DMD and SimonGraysJacket like this.
  6. SimonGraysJacket

SimonGraysJacket Well-Known Member

I think you can cancel without penalty within 30 days notification of price increase.
    Of course you will not be informed about the price increase.

dennisboothstash likes this.
  7. Newland Tiger

Newland Tiger Well-Known Member

Yeah they made fools of everybody at that meeting didn't they

8. Trau Morgus

Trau Morgus Well-Known Member

But that's not the point I was making.

When the name change came about, many of us had our breaking point. We wanted to protect our name and not have it changed because our owner had a spat with the council.

Soon, those of us who opposed the name change were branded hooligans and given short shrift by the hierarchy.

Now, my point is that back then there were fellow fans who were openly hostile towards us. The likes of Smartarse and Sunbeam did not condemn what Allam said. They just painted us as the enemy, holding the club back.

Now I have no problem with people having different opinions to others. But the fact that they saw their fellow fans, the ones stood next to them on the terraces and sat next to them at the kc, being treated as hooligans and did not speak up on it was beyond the pale to me.

All they could say was, "it's his club, he can do what he wants." Etc. Hull City fans were simply trying to protect their heritage. And a section of their own fans turned on them.

So yes, everyone has their breaking point. But before you get there, you don't turn on your own fans because the issue affecting them isn't affecting you.

How about if it was the other way round? The Allams take over the club. Next thing they remove all concessions. Those older people and those with families are disgusted at being priced out.

But then I say, "ha, well the price of my pass has gone down and I have no kids so I'm happy. You're all just whingers. It's Assems club. He can do what he wants."

Then a couple of years later he wants to change the name of the club. Something that affects me. And I want to jump on board with all the other protesters. I'd be shunned.

However, the difference is that in reality if my fellow fans had been treated so badly, but it didn't affect me, I'd still have stood shoulder to shoulder with them. We're the lifeblood of the club and should always stick together.

That was lost on the Allam arselickers. No sympathy now.

FER ARK, Rigsby, TwoWrights and 12 others like this.
  9. Barchullona

Barchullona Well-Known Member

Great post.

10. DMD

DMD Eh?
    Forum Moderator

I've said before, there's a fair few events that should make some people think long and hard about their actions over recent years. Sadly, even if they did, many will simply justify it to themselves. C'est la vie.

11. Happy Tiger

Happy Tiger Well-Known Member

As ever, you and your ilk miss the point entirely, because in your minds, you're right and everyone else is wrong, hence snarky pretentious ****e like that post.

I know you don't get it, but quite a few people really didn't give a **** about the name of the club. That doesn't make them arselickers, it just means they don't agree with you.

The fans turning on other fans was...a small subset of gobshites, the antis, the CTWDers. You in fact.

Saying you have no issue with other people having different opinions is either deluded, or simple fantasy. You quite clearly make sure anyone with a different opinion knows you think they're an arselicker. Stick together? Oh yeah, they started it, didn't they?

The other thing we see whined about, the calling of a subset of fans hooligans, or telling people they can die when they want, meh, storm in a teacup. It wasn't a gypsy curse, or the use of some dark powers to kill anyone, it was pretty much a joke and not meant in any way the way it ended up being twisted.

We see time and time again, comments about the Allams have divided the fans. That's utter bollocks. We see time and time again disparaging and ****y comments about people who dont stand up, who dont sing, flaskers, TT users, anyone who isn't onboard the CTWD Protest Bus, all to be sneered at.

The internet and the associated bravery that gives certain types, that's simply made the fact we're all different clear.

I had no problem with the name change. I laughed at the comments from Assem that riled some precious types up. I was glad to see the back of Barmby as manager. I do think its their club, from the perspective they bought it, I do believe though it's ours as well, and I was supportive of their attempts to try something different from the norm, so we wouldnt end up the yo-yo type fodder we were destined to be, and in fact expected to be through the football world.

Spat with the council? The council acted like ****s. They always act like ****s. How they get elected every time is frankly ****ing baffling. How they keep getting away with it, is even more so.

Do I get my pitchfork out at the slightest hint of anything bad from the club? Nope. I wait until all the facts are available rather than just jumping to conclusions that, hey, it must be true, its the Allams, and they're evil. If they do something I don't agree with, I'll say so.

I do not like the way the membership scheme was implemented, but I think the idea of a scheme is a good idea. It needs work before I personally would sign up to it, despite it being cheaper for me. That was my line.

New owners? Sure. No idea what we'd get, but why not? If the Allams go, I'd wish them well and thank them for what they've done for us. If they stay, and invest, they will have my backing and support.

Does that make me an arselicker? Probably in your eyes, but thats not your fault is it? Its the Allams.

TreeHugger likes this.
  12. Newland Tiger

Newland Tiger Well-Known Member

Happy you and PLT are so similar to each other it's untrue , just with the exact opposite opinions

13. Barchullona

Some people certainly seem to get irate at people who have the temerity to have a different viewpoint.

Happy Tiger and spesupersydera like this.
  14. DMD

DMD Eh?
    Forum Moderator

Do they **** silly ****. :bandit:

15. Barchullona

They ****ing do, sillier ****.:emoticon-0121-angry

DMD likes this.
  16. DMD

DMD Eh?
    Forum Moderator

please log in to view this image

17. Barchullona

Strong little bugger is our Patty.

18. The Omega Man

The Omega Man Well-Known Member

****ing hell HP, you are bonkers to post that on here.

Happy Tiger likes this.
  19. TurkeyTeeth™

TurkeyTeeth™ Well-Known Member

Great post

20. charon-the-ferryman

charon-the-ferryman Well-Known Member

please log in to view this image

spesupersydera likes this.