1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Carl Fletcher Sacked

Discussion in 'Plymouth' started by HOADIE_BOI, Jan 1, 2013.

1. HOADIE_BOI

HOADIE_BOI Well-Known Member

2. Greenarmyjoe

Greenarmyjoe Well-Known Member

Happy Times, Happy New Year <party><party><party><party><party><party><party><cracker><cracker>

Brent has balls then!!

3. notDistantGreen

notDistantGreen Well-Known Member

Most will be absolutely delighted.

I'm surprised but I think Fletcher's comment in the week that the wage budget available was preventing him from signing the players he wanted may have been a factor on top of poor results. That's the second time he's said it. The first time, at the start of the season, he was slapped around by a public correction from the owner. This time, with the transfer window looming, there was an ominous silence.

I don't think changing the manager will make much difference given budgetary restraints, now made worse by the need to pay Fletcher off. I hope I'm wrong.

4. hp_bedoboy

hp_bedoboy Active Member

About bloody time....but he had an enormous chance to get things sorted...but thanks for staying with the club Carl when we almost went off the planet!

5. Plymborn

Plymborn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

notDistant.....just having a manager that knows what he is doing will probably be the best we can expect.........I hope Brent doesn't have a knee-jerk reaction and gets the right man in this time.......whoever that may be.

6. Plymborn

Plymborn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Carl Fletcher gave in my opinion ironically the best interview of his time at PAFC.........I felt for the man,he found it very hard to do but he soldiered through.

There was no doubting that he gave the job his all.........but as many of us said along time ago he isn't a manager.

7. Plymjools

Plymjools Active Member
    Forum Moderator

What a fantastic New Year's present ...... onwards and upwards ............ our season starts today !

8. notDistantGreen

Quite so, the trouble is that the stats tell you you have to find someone who's less than 1 in 10 of League managers. We need a Sturrock Mark 1 or a Holloway with durability beyond 18 months. Good luck James Brent.......

Think about it, how many duff managers have we had, most of whom seemed like good ideas at the time? I don't suppose there's any reason to assume we're worse than the average.

9. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I have just this second turned on my machine and this was the first thing I saw on the BBC football site. HAPPY NEW YEAR......................

This was a must in my opinion but I am totally gobsmacked that it has happened. I did not think that Bent was going to go anywhere near getting rid. Maybe he has a care in the world for the football club after all and this isn't only about the property side. Now we wait and see. Shame on me for thinking that today's result might be a blessing.

10. Greenarmyjoe

Fletcher was a little emotional on the interview? Well thanks Carl and good luck for the future. we all know it was difficult and you tried hard.

Thank you and good luck. :emoticon-0150-hands

11. AWAY IN BC

AWAY IN BC Well-Known Member

So that was why the mountain shook this morning...SENSIBLE i also just turned on the machine..at last something positive..

Guess what the next game is at Port Vale..who will manage the team..Roman ?..i guess his job is iffy too.

A new year a new start..

Happy one to all.

12. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

All I ask for is somebody with proper experience in these leagues. I'm not expecting a big name or an expensive option. The transfer window has just opened so at least we might have somebody who won't waste what we have left. I cannot see Larrieu being around too long and I can't see the other one whose name is unspellable being around long either. Clubs move on and whilst I have regard for Larrieu it was as a keeper not anything else. I don't dislike Fletcher the person just Fletcher the manager. I have no doubt he tried his best which was sadly lacking unfortunately. I wish it was otherwise but it wasn't. Good luck to him if he can find a job elsewhere although I cannot believe it will be as a No.1. If we can escape again this season from the relegation clutches then maybe just maybe 2013 really will be a turning point. Keith Hill anyone??

13. Greenarmyjoe

Is keith Hill free? at least it will be better than benny Hill?
    Well we have to move on now and try and get a few points on the board and stay in the league. Who ever comes in has a tough job ahead. People are mentioning O'Driscoll? surely he will want to much money?

We will now see how the players react? as some have said its the players fault and not Fletcher, perhaps we will see now how we get on. I don't believe that it was the players. but if i am wrong will hold my hands up!!
    Why was Purse not playing today? banned or Injured?

14. Plymjools

Plymjools Active Member
    Forum Moderator

Normally when a player doesn't play it usually signals that they are on their way ! Oh by the way our defence was shocking today without him .... 2 goals scored from corners .... enough said !

15. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

Allegedly injured I believe. I also believe Keith Hill is unemployed currently. I have been saying that this group of players with the right training and right tactics and right motivation could do a lot better in this league. We will see.

16. notDistantGreen

No, no, no you mustn't think that Sensible.

The more I think about it, the more I think Fletcher went for saying for a second time that he couldn't get the players he needed on the budget he had. That has been the final straw on top of two others: the poor results and the decision to appoint a D of F. The original idea was to support Fletcher with a D of F but if Fletcher can't get on with it without criticising the essential financial regime, then you might as well combine the two roles and get an experienced manager.

The question is, who's to be found who'll live within a balanced budget without rocking the boat? As we've seen, it isn't a natural proposition in old school football thinking......

17. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

2 more dead ball situations and 2 more goals. That for me says it all. We have been conceeding these every match since christ knows when. We all know it and yet it continues to happen. Why? Training ground routines is the only conceivable answer to that and who was leading those? We all know who.

I didn't listen to the game today as I have been blitzed by two pint sized female trolls for most of the day. I only got the final score at some point so have no idea how the game went. But, the conceeding of the goals is absolutely no shock at all is it. I could have predicted how we would let at least one in before kick off

18. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

Straws at clutching notdistant and please rearrange to suit. I have to have a glimmer of belief now he has sacked the manager eventually. Apparently the President has said he cares and of course we all believe him don't we.

19. notDistantGreen

It's you clutching at straws Sensible, along with a lot of others. The day Brent puts a lump sum in to buy players I'll accept I read him incorrectly.

I couldn't give a **** what El Presidente says: I do think Brent would like the club to succeed but on his terms. I don't think the fans have the patience amongst other essential virtues to accept that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TnfKmNRfLYU

20. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

I meant me not you notdistant. Fancy saying that about our president though. You will be struck down if you keep that up.