1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Caulker to go out on loan! (Sorry Beth)

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by Eamon Holmes, Jul 27, 2015.

1. Eamon Holmes

Eamon Holmes Well-Known Member

http://www.sportsmole.co.uk/footbal...ws/report-qpr-to-loan-out-caulker_235669.html

Report: Queens Park Rangers to loan out Steven Caulker
    please log in to view this image

By Matt Law, La Liga Correspondent
    Filed: Monday, July 27, 2015 at 18:08 UK
    Queens Park Rangers are reportedly prepared to sanction a loan move for Steven Caulker this summer.

The 23-year-old revealed earlier this month that was not looking to leave the R's in this transfer window despite their relegation to the Championship.

West Bromwich Albion, Southampton and Stoke City have all been linked with a move for the centre-back, but it is understood that QPR's valuation of £8m has priced the England international out of a move.

According to The Mirror, however, QPR are prepared to loan out the former Cardiff City defender to get his wages off the books for the new season, with the view to a future permanent deal.

Caulker made his one and only England appearance in 2012.

2. Eamon Holmes

Eamon Holmes Well-Known Member

I'm sure that as Sportsmole La Liga correspondent Matt Law is a real ITK!

Oh, he just copying that tw@t in The Mirror!

3. Hoop-Leif

Hoop-Leif Well-Known Member

How many defenders will this leave us with??!!

Seriously......wtf

4. Hoop-Leif

5. Hoop-Leif

6. Hoop-Leif

Sorry.......site won't let me edit.....just keeps posting new messages for some reason

7. Sooperhoop

Sooperhoop Well-Known Member

I hope we have some defenders lined up or we're gonna be at the wrong end of the table...

8. GoldhawkRoad

GoldhawkRoad Well-Known Member

I'm asking myself whether getting his pay off the books might have something to do with the submissions that QPR lawyers may be making in an arbitration at this very moment. The better complexion the lawyers can paint about our current conduct and salary practice, the less an award against us might be...

Didley Squat and aqualung like this.
  9. Peter Damage

Peter Damage Well-Known Member

Well there needs to be some logic or the club really is giving up and\or losing the plot

Loaning a player to a bigger club, running down a year on his contract. Won't end well.

Hopefully a bullshit news story but if this was true it's a significant change in policy and the club need to comment and say if it isn't true

If there is truth then they really are worried about FFP fine.

Big decision last week went against the same agent that got the Bosman ruling.

Was positive about this season, but a transfer like this is a massive shift and a terrible sign for the future of the club

10. Kilburn

Kilburn Well-Known Member

We may get some of his wage bill off our books, however likely we're subsidizing his salary, but we're never going to get the original £8 million investment back on him, as was the case in the Chris Samba farce - chalk it up as another one of our duds.

11. qprbeth

qprbeth Wicked Witch of West12
    Forum Moderator

I am putting my head in the sand and singing lalala at the top of my voice.

I have a certain amount of trust in Chris and Sir Les....unless this is some part of a greater plan ( or just complete rubbish) this just cannot happen. If this happened under my watch I would be considering resigning and claiming constructive dismissal.

Regardless of quality...we are actually very short in numbers....we do not have enough defensive players to actually fill the shirts

Lalalala

Hoops Eternal likes this.
  12. Fourtyyearsofhurt(mostly)

Seems to go against what they seem to be trying to achieve this Summer. Saying that maybe CR sees an equally good prospect for no money and a small percentage of his wages.

With less than 2 weeks to the Season starts we cant score goals and have no defenders!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

13. UTRs

UTRs Senile Member

This is actually starting to really p!ss me off.

We will be linked with about 50 more attacking midfielders right up until transfer deadline day:headbang:

14. Swords Hoopster.

Swords Hoopster. Well-Known Member

This is no bad news. He was sh*te all last season

15. Belfasthoop

Belfasthoop Well-Known Member

Something possibly going on we don't know about.

16. Tramore Ranger

Tramore Ranger Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

A tad strange to say the least......are the Football League trying to get us out of the Championship by stealth? They make us sell all the high earners and play a team full of EDS kids so that we are relegated.....the FL get the result they want and we head for oblivion.......

Nah surely not....one for the conspiracy thread?

17. Flanman

Flanman Well-Known Member

I reckon we will get a couple of good season-long loans in from Prem clubs but can't do much until squads have been named, at least that's what I make of it!

Can also see us getting a defender in as part of a deal wherever Austin ends up looking like Newcastle at the mo?

18. Rodney

Rodney Well-Known Member

Three out, none in: since the end of last season, we have lost Isla, Dunne and Rio Ferdinand from our defence, the last two of whom had something to offer. This was the defence that, in 2014/15, shipped 73 goals, 10 more than the next worst defence (Newcastle), 20 more than Burnley and 22 more than Hull, the other two relegated teams. Surely, it doesn't take a genius to work out that we should be strengthening our defence and not recruiting more midfielders?

Caulker had a poor season in 2014/15 but he adds some depth to our defence and, I believe, he will get better. In the unlikely event that this story about loaning him out is true, it would be UTTER MADNESS. Even if Caulker remains, the abject failure to recruit at least a RB and CB is a damning indictment of our recruiters: I don't care how hard Les and Chris are working to bring people in, I measure success by results and to leave things this late is RIDICULOUS.

Our new defensive team should be (largely) in place before the start of the season and should have benefitted from playing as a unit in some warm up games.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2015
    BlindFaith, Hoop-Leif and QPR999 like this.
  19. QPR999

QPR999 Well-Known Member
    Staff Member

Me too. Especially with Ramsey being a defender during his career. The old adage of teams are built from the back is a major concern.

20. BlindFaith

BlindFaith Well-Known Member

But apart from that plus lacking a decent 2nd goalkeeper we can at least put out 10 man midfield:emoticon-0107-sweat

I've got pretty used to going into a season with an imbalanced squad & this season appears to be no different unless there's some major changes in the next couple of weeks.