1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

clubs per season

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by blackandamber, Jan 26, 2011.

1. blackandamber

blackandamber Member

am i right in thinking that a player can only play for two clubs per season - definitely in premier league

is it the same in the championship?
    konchesky's being frozen out and has played for fulham and liverpool this season... wonder if he could get a loan to the championship

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_6678677,00.html

2. CumbrianTiger

CumbrianTiger Member

Its any club in the world im affaird. Its a no go!

3. blackandamber

blackandamber Member

4. RicardoHCAFC

RicardoHCAFC Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I don't think emergency loans count though. The other season Scott Sinclair played for Chelsea, QPR, Charlton and I think Palace.

5. ImperialTiger

ImperialTiger Well-Known Member

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1349933/Celtic-Aston-Villa-defender-Curtis-Davies-scuppered-FIFA-red-tape.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

That move is doomed to fail, however, because of FIFA Article 5:3, which rules that a player cannot make a crossborder transfer and play for a third club in a single season.

It is the second time in a matter of days that Celtic have fallen foul of the rule after having to end their interest in Everton’s James Vaughan for similar reasons.

Davies made two appearances for Aston Villa against Rapid Vienna and Blackburn at the start of the campaign before going on an ‘emergency loan’ to Leicester City where he made 12 appearances.

6. blackandamber

blackandamber Member

how long can an emergency loan be? looks like davies might be off to birmingham now.

7. RicardoHCAFC

RicardoHCAFC Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I'm noticing the term "cross border transfer" in the rule.

Nicky Shorey last season played for Villa, joined Forest on loan for 2 months, and then went to Fulham on loan in January and at the time they said it was allowed because the Forest spell had been an emergency loan.

Emergency loans can be anything from 1 month up to about 90 days (I think 93 days). You can effectively extend them beyond that by breaking them up like QPR did with Tommy Smith. ie one loan ends on the Saturday after you play a game, the player officially returns to his club for the week before resigning at the last possible minute before the next game. So long as you agreed the dates for all 3 loans and submitted the paperwork in advance there'd be no danger of losing them to another club in that time.

If the reporting on the Shorey situation was accurate then in the case of Konchesky we may need to do that. In the case of Davies we wouldn't. His loan started in October so has to have been an emergency loan which would mean a long term loan could be completed for him.